Time in Other Places

No.NameNation
1Katie PASFIELDAUS
2Isadora WILLIAMS
SP: Dave Brubeck's Take Five "with a Brazilian rhythm"
FS: "Mix of songs from the malaguenha rhythm of singer Natalia Lafourcade
BRA
3Gabrielle DALEMAN
SP: Music from the opera Carmen, performed by Georges Bizet; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: Samson & Delilah; choreo by Lori Nichol
CAN
4Eliska BREZINOVA
SP: "Adagio by Tomaso Albinoni performed by Lara Fabian; choreo by Nikolai Morozov (SP)
FS: Survivor (Tomb Raider soundtrack) performed by 2Wei; choreo by Misha Ge (FS)
CZE
5Yi Christy LEUNG
SP: "Scene d'amour by Francis Lai, performed by Sarah Brightman; choreo by Rohene Ward (SP)
FS: "Breath of Life" by Florence and the Machine; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne (FS)
HKG
6Satoko MIYAHARA
SP: Song for the little sparrow (Patricia Kaas); choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: Invierno porteno (Astor Piazzolla); choreo by Tom Dickson
JPN
7Yuna SHIRAIWA
SP: All On Board; choreo by Tom Dickson
FS: Pictures at an Exhibition (previous season's FS) by Modest Mussorgsky; choreo by Tim Dickson, Jeffrey Buttle, Cathy Reed
JPN
8Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU
SP: "Swing Da Cor" by Daniela Mercury; choreo by Nadia Kanaeva (SP)
FS: "Jeux d'Eau" (from "O" - Cirque du Soleil); choreo by Cynthia Stuart (FS)
MEX
9Brooke TAMEPO
SP: "Wild Horses" performed by Susan Boyle; choreo by Rosanna Armstrong
FS: "Icarus" by Ivan Torrent (feat. Julie Elven); choreo by Rosanna Armstrong
NZL
10Yelim KIM
SP: Love Theme (from "Cinema Paradiso") by Ennio Morricone;choreo by David Wilson, Drew Meekins
FS: Meditation (from "Thais") by Jules Massenet; choreo by David Wilson, Drew Meekins
KOR
11Eunsoo LIM
SP: "Somewhere in Time;" choreo by Jeff Buttle
FS: Chicago soundtrack; choreo by Akiko Suzuki
KOR
12Josefin TALJEGARDSWE
13Courtney HICKS
SP: "Nocturne" (from "La Califfa" soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone, performed by Yo Yo Ma; choreo by Jonathan Cassar, Rohene Ward
FS: Pas de deux from "The Nutcracker" by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Jonathan Cassar, Rohene Ward

USA
14Brynne MCISAAC
SP: Luck be a Lady; choreo by Drew Meekins, Katherine Hill, Phillip Mills
FS: Samson and Delilah; choreo by Drew Meekins, Katherine Hill, Phillip Mills
USA
15Akari NAKAHARA
SP: "Hymn of the Worlds (from Cirque du Soleil) by Rene Dupere; choreo by Cindy Stuart, Ivan Dinev
FS: "As You Like It" by Patrick Doyle; choreo by Cindy Stuart, Ivan Dinev
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Heja Josefin!

Great to see you back on the Swedish national team. Skate well and have fun :) while I :bed:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yowchies, Yelin took a very hard fall on the 2A. :(

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yuna SHIRAIWA (JPN)

Step-out on 3Lz+3T attempt (3T could be <). Fair sit spin to follow. Could have better centering and positions on second spin. Gorgeous and smooth 2A. Edges could have deeper curves in footwork, also fairly simple in spots (would give it Level 2, maybe 3). Ouch, fall on the 3Lo, might be <. Nice catchfoot in final spin.

An up and down performance. The music choice calls for more pep and emphasis on the beat since it's so pronounced and jazz-happy.

Total Score: 55.35

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU (MEX)

A little lean on the 3Lz in the air, but clean otherwise. Not a bad flying camel spin. Fall on the 3S, no combo either. Rough 2A landing. Good stretch in second combo spin. Footwork is fairly slow and has several stops (Level 1 to me). Not a very good center on the last layback spin, some positions may not count for level.

She could have more energy and snappier facial expressions to match the music. She had good speed at the beginning of the program and fine couple of spins to start.

Total Score: 45.61

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yi Christy LEUNG (HKG)

Solid 3Lz+3T to open! A bit slow on the butterfly entry into the camel spin. Looks a little uncomfortable with the steps in the footwork sequence but she has some good positions in spots. Fair 2A from a spiral. Okay 3F with both arms aloft (might be <). Fast and quick layback spin into a decent combo spin to end.

Fairly clean performance today from Leung. Her positions could be softer and more stretched to match the delicate and faint music choice, but a good work in progress.

Total: 58.10

beckab81

Rinkside
Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU (MEX)

A little lean on the 3Lz in the air, but clean otherwise. Not a bad flying camel spin. Fall on the 3S, no combo either. Rough 2A landing. Good stretch in second combo spin. Footwork is fairly slow and has several stops (Level 1 to me). Not a very good center on the last layback spin, some positions may not count for level.

She could have more energy and snappier facial expressions to match the music. She had good speed at the beginning of the program and fine couple of spins to start.

Total Score: 45.61

I'm surprised she didn't go for the flip in her 2nd pass... I talked with her Mom a bit at Philly International, and at that time they were planning on using her Jr. Layout so she could gain consistency, only practice one layout... but maybe she was hoping to get sr. mins and wanted to go for consistency. Hopefully the season improves from here!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Akari NAKAHARA (USA)

Nice short spiral to start. Clean 3F with both arms aloft. Fairly smooth footwork sequence, twizzle could be better. Several nice spirals into a clean 2A. An alright flying camel spin to follow. Three-turn between the 3S+2T (3S might be <). Okay speed throughout the last two spins, nice Biellmann spin to end the program.

A fairly clean skate for Nakahara. Her performance reminds me of a young Caroline Zhang - nice spirals throughout and a gentle spirit. She can work on getting more height and speed going into the jumps for those positive GOEs.

Total Score: 53.29