2018 Int'l Classic Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Int'l Classic Ladies Short Program

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Brynne MCISAAC (USA)

Good sequence of opening steps, great twizzle. A bit of wrap on the 3F, but fine 3F+2T combo (3F could be < though). Beautiful arm positions and clear Biellmann spin in the layback. Great speed throughout the flying camel spin. Maybe clean 3Lo as well (might be <). Good split jump and tight rotation in the 2A. Better jazzy energy through the footwork, could be more complex and fill the rink more. Competent combo spin to finish.

For my first time seeing Brynne, she's got great potential. Her spins are definitely her strength, and her jumps could have more speed to get that ice coverage and fuller rotation. I was a bit disappointed that the energy didn't pick up when the music did, but she was able to let go after the 2A and sell the program. Great debut for me!

Total Score: 51.20

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Eunsoo Lim (KOR)

Great speed into fully around 3Lz+3T! Decent positions in the flying camel spin. Good lobes and curves through the footwork, full steps. Rough landing on the 3F, a bit of snow (maybe <). Good flow-out on 2A. Very good illusion entry into a well-centered layback, and an elegant spin to end the program.

I like her short program's choreography that takes the time to breathe and interpret the music on cue. It also brings out her smile which she sprinkles throughout the program to give a sense of dimension.

Total Score: 64.85

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Gabrielle Daleman (CAN)

Powerful 3T+3T to open. Nice illusion entry into centered haircutter layback. Consistent speed throughout flying camel spin. Popped 2Lz out of footwork, ouch. Alright 2A with some flow-out. Good footwork with lots of one-foot skating. Final spin a little bit sloppy with centering.

I'm still surprised that she's keeping this short program. The vocals are sort of high, chirpy, and playful but I find Daleman to carry power, strength, and intensity which opposes the music. So at the very least I would suggest she change this particular Carmen choice (also, the judges have seen her already in this program and it wasn't that great the first time around).

Total Score: 63.28

kimi492

Final Flight
This is going to be an interesting free skate... Eunsoo is about 2.5 points away from Satoko and Gabby and Yelim are right there behind Eunsoo

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Eliska BREZINOVA (CZE)

Low landing on 3T+2T. Tentatively into the 3Lz, but cleanly landed. Decent flying camel spin. Safe and solid 2A right into a combo spin with a Level 4. Okay footwork sequence that could have much more speed into a layback spin with shaky centering and position. Well, at least the program was clean by my eyes.

Total Score: 51.82

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Surprised Gabby's score is so low for a clean program, and Satoko's as well.

Also, shoutout to the rink for playing Shania Twain... man, that's a song I haven't heard in a while. Like, 10+ years.

Ziotic

Medalist

Also, shoutout to the rink for playing Shania Twain... man, that's a song I haven't heard in a while. Like, 10+ years.

Apparently Gabby popped the lutz.

frida80

Record Breaker

Gabby poppwd her lutz, losing her a lot of points there. And Satoko probably got some underotations.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Isadora WILLIAMS (BRA)

Fine 3Lz+2T to start. Ouch, fall on the 3Lo, shame since it seems like she was fine in the air and on the rotation. Combo spin with alright positions, a bit of a struggle finding the I-spin position. Spread eagle into 2A, not a lot of speed. Sit spin lost a little bit of momentum on the hop attempt. Alright footwork sequence, could be jazzier. Final layback spin with average speed.

I did like the start of the program which showed off her musicality and the mood. It lost steam in the back half and with that 3Lo that just crumbled.

Total Score: 48.10

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Josefin TALJEGARD (SWE)

Long setup for the 3F+2T, 3F looks < to me. 3S also looks <. Fine camel spin. Not a lot of speed going into the axel so not surprised with the popped 2A into a waltz jump. Good speed in the combo spin. Lots of stops in the choreography thought. That said, good energy through the fotowork, but edges could be deeper and longer. An alright spin to finish.

Total Score: 38.58