2018 Int'l Classic Ladies Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Int'l Classic Ladies Short Program

kimi492

Final Flight
Don't know if anyone's lurking who can't find a stream - but here's the current standings after group 1
1 1 Yelim KIM, KOR 61.30
2 4 Yi Christy LEUNG, HKG 58.10
3 2 Yuna SHIRAIWA, JPN 55.35
4 5 Akari NAKAHARA, USA 53.29
5 3 Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU, MEX 45.61

leoleo

Medalist
Don't know if anyone's lurking who can't find a stream - but here's the current standings after group 1
1 1 Yelim KIM, KOR 61.30

thanks! my european self with no stream thanks you :sad21:

lusk8

Record Breaker
1 1 Yelim KIM, KOR 61.30

My stream-less self thanks you a lot!!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Missed her performance at the start, so here it goess...

Yelim Kim (KOR)

Good speed with footwork going into the 3Lz+3T, nice height and fully around and with both hands aloft on the 3Lz! Solid 3F to follow. Good center on the flying camel spin, could have better donut spin though. Tried for a counter into the 2A, but a harsh fall that she tried to stop with the toe pick. Good recovery with the combo spin. Footwork could have more speed in the back half, but a very good platter spin at the end!

I think she's appropriately gentle with the music, though the music itself sounds like stuff I would listen to in the background of my local Chinese supermarket. No, really, that's what it reminds me of.

Total Score: 61.30

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Saw Courtney Hicks talking with Kori at the boards is that her coach now?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Saw Courtney Hicks talking with Kori at the boards is that her coach now?

Last we heard yes. She moved to Kori/Colorado earlier this year. But recently there is a rumor than Kori is moving to Nashville... we don't know what Courtney's plans are.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Katie PASFIELD (AUS)

Nice and clean 2A to begin. Shaky 3S landing, could be <. An alright sit spin. Camel spin could have straighter positions. Only a 2F+3Lo<< heavily underrotated. Footwork lacks speed and depth of edge. But nice running camels into the layback spin with a fair Biellmann spin.

Total Score: 39.52

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Courtney Hicks (USA)

Ouch, only a 2F+1Lo. Illusion entry into a haircutter layback spin. Beautiful 2A with great flow out. Strong butterfly into the flying camel spin, could have better centering. Good landing on the 3Lz, seemed like it could have ended badly if her deep knee didn't save it. Like the curves in the footwork. Late with the music but a strong final combo spin.

Not sure if the music really helps or hurts Hicks here. It's a static choice for her in my book. Shame on the popped combo because she can do that combo. Perhaps her new coach Kori Ade will help her get more consistency on the combo jumps.

Total Score: 50.89

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Brooke TAMEPO (NZL)

Attempted 2A popped into 1A, had to put other foot down. Sit spin positions may not achieve level. 3S<< step-out. 2F+2T<<, landed forward on 2T. Better positions in the combo spin. Good expression through the footwork sequence with plenty of steps. Could have better center on layback spin.

Total Score: 27.48

furyflame

Rinkside
Satoko is such a beautiful skater but I cannot understand how she manages to get all her rotations in.

leoleo

Medalist
i can't even see satoko but according to twitter comments she did really well and her SP is gorgeous :love:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara (JPN)

Clean 3Lz+3T, looks higher than usual. Beautiful positions in flying camel spin, okay centering. Good spring into the 2A. 3F saved with her knee strength. Second spin a bit wobbly but great positions and speed. Great speed throughout the footwork, a bit late on music but she got closer near the end of it. Stupendous layback spin with the Biellmann right at the end. Wow, breathtaking!

It seems that Satoko has worked a bit on her height in the jumps, which she needs to get those precious GOE points on the jumps. They're still not the most explosive but it's a good improvement. The centering of her spins could be better, so I'll cop that to it being very early in the season. As usual, I love her smooth and easy gathering of speed throughout the program.

Total Score: 67.53