Pair
Patricia Andrew / Paxton Fletcher
Brooke McIntosh / Brandon Toste

Ice Dance

Ellie Fisher / Simon-Pierre Malette-Paquette
Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont

The Finn

Record Breaker
So, it is only about a week until we know the entries. Although there will be some changes afterwards.

I am pretty sure that one of Eteri's girl will skate here. It would be great if Shcherbakova would skate here. The other girl could be someone like Sinitsyna or Kanysheva.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Whoever wins first JGP always ends up winning the final... :biggrin:

Right, it has happen four consecutive times now. I actually hadn't thought about that before.

It is also somewhat interesting that the last ice dance team who won the first JGP event and the JGP Final was Morgan Matthews / Maxim Zavozin in season 2004–05. So, based on this we can be pretty sure that whoever wins ice dancing in here will not win the JGP Final.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Just for fun I compiled some statistics about how often does the skater who wins the first (or the last) JGP event also win the JGP Final. The short list covers seasons from 2010-11 onwards.

Men
Same skater won the first JGP event and the JGP Final
Has happened: 2017, 2013

Same skater won the last JGP event and the JGP Final
Has happened: 2014, 2013, 2012

Ladies
First JGP event and the JGP Final
Has happened: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012

Last JGP event and the JGP Final
Has happened: Hasn't happened since Yukina Ota did it in season 2002–03.

Pairs
Has happened: 2014, 2013, 2011

Has happened: 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012

Ice dance
Has happened: Hasn't happened since Matthews / Maxim Zavozin did it in season 2004–05.

Has happened: 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012

So, what does this tell us? Well, maybe not much but it does show that statistically pairs and ice dance teams who will win the last JGP event have better changes to win the JGP Final than others. Also, the Russian lady who will win the first JGP event will likely win the JGP Final also.

Andrea82

Medalist
Am I right in thinking that Japan could have entered a second man given that Italy (second spot), Goergia and Israel forfaited a spot? USA and Ukraine added a second entry in Men

bennorii

On the Ice
Am I right in thinking that Japan could have entered a second man given that Italy (second spot), Goergia and Israel forfaited a spot? USA and Ukraine added a second entry in Men

This is what the 2018-19 JGP General Announcement says:

Additional Entries
For Men and Ladies, if any ISU Member mentioned under a) to c) does not use its right to enter Skaters in the
competition concerned, this entry will be given to the first ISU Member, mentioned under b) for an additional
entry.
If another ISU Member mentioned under a) to c) does not use its right to enter Skaters in the competition
concerned, this entry will be given to the second ISU Member mentioned under b). If all ISU Members under
b) receive the right of a second entry, all further places not used will not be considered for replacement. The
order of priority as listed has to be observed.

The wording is confusing in that it is not exactly specified as to how the third ISU Member mentioned under b) gains its additional entry, but then it proceeds to a scenario where all ISU Members under b) receive the right to a second entry. I would assume that the third ISU Member under b) inherits its second entry in a similar fashion. Can anyone clarify?

Country
Russia
Btw while Korean entries are marked as TBA, Korea made distribution.
JGP Bratislava Young You, Ji hun To(ladies) / Jaeseok Kyeong(men) / Jeong eun Jeon/Sung min Choi(ice dance)

frida80

Record Breaker
Ok....

Where are the Chinese competitors? Did they just not get added yet? I wanted to see which pairs got assigned here.

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France

This is what the 2018-19 JGP General Announcement says:

Additional Entries
For Men and Ladies, if any ISU Member mentioned under a) to c) does not use its right to enter Skaters in the
competition concerned, this entry will be given to the first ISU Member, mentioned under b) for an additional
entry.
If another ISU Member mentioned under a) to c) does not use its right to enter Skaters in the competition
concerned, this entry will be given to the second ISU Member mentioned under b). If all ISU Members under
b) receive the right of a second entry, all further places not used will not be considered for replacement. The
order of priority as listed has to be observed.

The wording is confusing in that it is not exactly specified as to how the third ISU Member mentioned under b) gains its additional entry, but then it proceeds to a scenario where all ISU Members under b) receive the right to a second entry. I would assume that the third ISU Member under b) inherits its second entry in a similar fashion. Can anyone clarify?

Yes, Japan has a second quota.
ISU forgot or Japan did not want it ?

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Well... is what i have found on the news section of the Agorà's site, as their personal best.

Later competitions:
Nationals (Junior): 105.08
Bavarian Open: 99.95
Egna Dance Trophy: 99.75