2018 JGP Bratislava Mens Free Skate | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Bratislava Mens Free Skate

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
What a beautiful ending of this first junior men's grand prix! Thanks Mitsuki :clap:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Congratulations to everyone!

I agree with the scoring, but personally, I liked Mitsuki the best. My cat was also watching him quite intently. :)

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Well-deserved win for Stephen! For his courage, determination and skill. And he still has plenty of room to grow, it will be really interesting to watch his evolution :thumbsup:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm happy that Mitsuki got second place, he showed so much potential last season and now he's delivering :luv17:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
If anyone had told me when I was a kid that I'd one day be tired of Tango de Roxanne, I'd have thought they were crazy, but............

Please tell me no one else is doing that or La La Land for the rest of the JGP. :laugh:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Stephen got more points on 4T than 4Lz. That's insane. The 4Lz was GOOD. and you can't compare toes and lutzes. Honestly that insane 4Lz needs a better base value.

champagnerain

Final Flight
Stephen got more points on 4T than 4Lz. That's insane. The 4Lz was GOOD. and you can't compare toes and lutzes. Honestly that insane 4Lz needs a better base value.

I think nerfing the BV of some elements was the ISU's argument that a good quality jump should be rewarded over a mediocre jump that is more difficult.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

I think GOE-wise, the landing on 4Lz was not as effortless, a bit tight with snow kicked up and with slight lean. So it didn't hit as many bullets as the other two quads.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
What worries me with Torgashev is where he gets so much pressure from? . If he were a stablished senior with something to prove I could understand but the kid is still in the JGP.. All the juniors generally skate with a careless nothing to lose attitude but he's always nervous as if his life depend on his jumps and of course he dies by the end.

Shanshani

On the Ice
I think GOE-wise, the landing on 4Lz was not as effortless, a bit tight with snow kicked up and with slight lean. So it didn't hit as many bullets as the other two quads.

Also, the take off edge was really shallow/possibly flat, so that may have resulted in a GOE deduction even if the tech panel didn't call it. (For what it's worth, it does look barely correct to me.)

Side note, I thought Euler was pronounced like "u-ler" and not "oiler."

It's a German last name, I think, so "eu" makes the "oy" sound.

Haleth

On the Ice
I'm sorry kids, but Nam's LaLaLand is the only one I can stand this season. It fits him well personality and skater wise.

But in general Coles Notes versions of any show/film/series/novel/etc is very very hard to do well and usually whoever does them seems to phone them in.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
That was such a weird moment! Please rise for the national anthem of the winner! zzzzzz total silence. Poor Gogo, his first junior event...