siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm very disappointed by the missing Canadian anthem. :disapp:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I was going strong in commenting on the first 2 groups but began to fade away in the 3rd and was mostly sleep-posting during the 4th group. I think I mumbled something about Mitsuki being a Hanyu fan, but that was it. :laugh:
Now that I'm fully conscious and watched the top skaters again, I can say WOW Gogolev, those quads are amazing for one so young, or anyone of any age! It may have been nerves in his debut, but otherwise, I did not find the program really memorable yet. But he put his mark on figure skating history and at 13 everything is ahead of him. :eeking:

Daniel Grassl, So happy that he got on the podium. His jumps are really wild and perhaps his growing so tall is the reason? Still, an engaging skater with amazing spins and figure of hope for European Men's skating.

I didn't really like Mitsuki's SP since he didn't seem able to connect to the music, but the FS was a different story. His fluidity, and effortless acceleration over the ice, his quality of jumps and landings and air position and over-all polish made it the best program of the night for me. A well deserved 2nd place. As someone else mentioned, he skates like a Senior.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I’ll never make the live reports for any comp that’s before 2 p.m Eastern US time:laugh: But they are fun to read through even eight hours later

Top three well deserved and congrats to them. Did not know Daniel Grassl at all before this comp, and now I do:biggrin:

So sad about my fav juniors, my performers :sad21: As most everyone knows, I don’t really care about landing quads (or not) but even I admit you need to land at least some of your triples.

But still Donovan’s and Andrew’s musicality, steps and spins stood out even with rough skates. What I prize most and all I can ask. :)