2018 JGP Bratislava Mens SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Bratislava Mens SP

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’ve seen Gogolev do that routine better elsewhere, in terms of components, but considering how nervous he’d have been in his international debut, very nice work.

Now we wait and see who can bring the quads in the long.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I would say i am not happy, because for me the only advantage the japanese and the canadian had over the italian was a big fed bonus.

Looking back, not sure why he and Mitsuki ended up with the same TES, when Mitsuki had a stsq2 and stumbled out of his 3A, whereas Daniel was clean with stsq3 and all spins l4. Mitsuki might've deserved higher PCS, but their scores should be a lot closer.

Aww, Egor only in 9th place :(
hope he can pull up tomorrow. a medal might not happen, but I'd love to see him with a 4th/5th or shooting distance for the final.

Egor needs some time to get used to his height. He's capable of landing the 3As, so I wouldn't worry.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
What a spin from Grassl! First time watching Junior Men’s comp so I only knew Sumoto and Gogolev. Will definitely remember him Grassl after this.

Ziotic

Medalist
I would say i am not happy, because for me the only advantage the japanese and the canadian had over the italian was a big fed bonus.

I think once you look at protocols you will see it’s quality that translated to higher GOE.

If you truly believe that the top 3 has the same jump quality, then that’s your opinion.

In this case smooth landings, nice air position and correct edges were the difference in score.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I think once you look at protocols you will see it’s quality that translated to higher GOE.

If you truly believe that the top 3 has the same jump quality, then that’s your opinion.

In this case smooth landings, nice air position and correct edges were the difference in score.

Yep, Gogolev's 3Lz+3T for example. The judges rewarded it with +3 and some +4 almost across the board. Close to 2 points awarded for his quality combo.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I'm not getting up at 5:30 am my time to watch anyone (I don't even do it for Jason), but I have now seen video of my boys.

Oh, Andrew, your skating skills are beautiful, your presentation and your posture, what happened to the jumps:sad21: This has been going on for too long and you are far too talented for this. But your LP is entrancing, if you can do it well, you can get back up there.

Donovan:clap: I don't care where you finish or how you jump. At all. Although your spins are great. Another skater who understands the power of the performance.
For someone who practices on public ice on a small rink in Mexico, you are amazing.

Maybe sometime today I'll watch vids of the top three. Sounds like Grassl might be my cup of tea.....

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I was afraid Stephen might crash under pressure, though I know he has no problems with triples, still timing is crucial at this level of skating. I am happy he kept everything under control. OMG he is only 13 years old. That's more important in the SP to be clean. Anyway good luck in the FS.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure to Gogolev's team winning is secondary to him gaining competition experience and exposure to the pressures of performing in front of international judges. Even if he doesn't have a great long I would say that he has achieved a lot already.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Yes he is so young, I would say he had nothing to lose, only to gain. It wouldn't have been a tragedy if he had made a mistake. But going clean should be a boost of confidence, so he only needs to stay healthy. I also liked Alexa. I didn't know him. He is also 13 and has a nice presence on ice. His 3Lz3T was a beauty, but he overcooked the Flip. And, he doesn't have the 3A yet.
Other than Canadians I loved Daniel Grassl. I cannot understand how he is not second.