2018 JGP Canada: ISU Info | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Canada: ISU Info

Nimyue

On the Ice
There is one HUGE problem with this competition. It directly conflicts with the US FS Classic Challenge in Salt Lake City. Salt Lake is in Mountain Time, but unfortunately, most if not all the events occur at the same time as the JGP event in Canada.

On Thursday, the JGP Ladies SP is OK. SLC Pairs SP overlaps the start of the JGP Dance RD. But the two Men's SPs completely overlap.
On Friday, the JGP Pairs SP overlaps the start of the SLC Dance RD. The JGP Ladies FS completely overlaps the SLC Ladies SP and Pairs FS. The JGP FD overlaps the SLC Men FS.
On Saturday, the JGP Men FS is OK. The JGP Pairs FS overlaps the SLC FD. The SLC Ladies FS is OK.

I can try to watch both, with the risk of becoming schizophrenic. The US Classic is on NBC Sports Gold while the JGP event is on YouTube. I can put one on Google and the other on Firefox with the scores on IE. Of course, I will have to turn the sound off on one....

Lombardia also happens in the same time schedule, but as it is in Europe, the competition happens pretty much in the morning, so no conflict.
There is also a Junior-Novice US event which is scheduled right before the Senior US Classic, but that is mostly noon-4 pm, so again no conflict.
But a very busy week nonetheless.......

Seriously! Which do I watch?!? I'm so conflicted.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Just checked, this is actually the first JGP (excluding the final) to be held in Canada since 2005 when Patrick and Tessa/Scott won in Montreal. Wow!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Just checked, this is actually the first JGP (excluding the final) to be held in Canada since 2005 when Patrick and Tessa/Scott won in Montreal. Wow!
We have a great junior man and a great junior dance team on hand to hopefully replicate that combination of wins.