2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Free Skate

sunn1ly

On the Ice
I honestly hate that all these wonderful skaters skated at one event. Also going to GP final or not I want to see Artur once more next week, so much quality in his skating also I really want to see Koshiro in the GP final, so Danielian go for gold in Armenia next week, stop giving ideas to the Rus Fed :).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Murashov has 9 points and Danielian has 7. Realistically, neither one has a shot at making the final, since they'd have to win, and Mozalev seems tohave the best chance of doing that---he has the highest previous SP score and the second-highest previous FS score (Danielian has the highest previous FS score).

Comparing Murashov and Danielian, Danielian has a better shot of earning silver. Danielian's SP+FS score of 219.49 is second only to Mozalev's. But SIAO HIM FA, KISHINA, KAGIYAMA and DUNK all have higher SP+FS scores than Murashov's 187.40.

Therefore it seems to make no sense to take Danielian out and put Murashov back in. Danielian didn't medal in Slovenia because there were too many high-scoring previous gold and silver medalists competing there, and it was his first competition after recovering from injury. The field in Armenia is somewhat less competitive and Artur is now better prepared.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Koshiro is on the bubble. The question is if we will have 3 Russians at the final, or 2 Russians and Koshiro.

??? This is the men. It's so not that simple. Fa from France and both other Japanese guys have a shot at the Final as well. And even Gogolev.

Though Mozalev has the best shot.

Danny T

Medalist
Oh wow just caught up with the last group (without checking the results first). That was a nailbiter! Best Junior Men event for sure, everyone really gave everything and then some.

And that 0.01 LOL poor Conrad. Poor Gogolev also, cos that would have helped him over Koshiro. I like Koshiro though, some sloppiness aside so no complaints from me :)

If Mozalev wins next week, Koshiro should be safe?

bennorii

On the Ice
Oh wow just caught up with the last group (without checking the results first). That was a nailbiter! Best Junior Men event for sure, everyone really gave everything and then some.

And that 0.01 LOL poor Conrad. Poor Gogolev also, cos that would have helped him over Koshiro. I like Koshiro though, some sloppiness aside so no complaints from me :)

If Mozalev wins next week, Koshiro should be safe?

If Mozalev wins, Koshiro will be in the JGPF.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't agree there---Conrad was clearly concentrating on tech without much attention to the music. I don't think Petr was that much into the music, either, but I wouldn't say Conrad was more so into it at all. These are JUNIORS---the only true performers are Camden Pulkinen, Andrew Torgashev, and Steven Gogolev (when he's not a bundle of nerves).

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
These are JUNIORS---the only true performers are Camden Pulkinen, Andrew Torgashev, and Steven Gogolev (when he's not a bundle of nerves).

This is just my opinion, of course, but if we limit the comparison to Canadian junior men (and I've seen all of the top-level ones compete in person), Stephen isn't the most artistic. Joseph Phan's musicality is more beautiful and graceful (especially his "Million Eyes" SP from the Quebec Summer Championships and the JGP Ostrava), and his glide across the ice is more majestic than what a 2-dimensional video can capture. Iliya Kovler (when he isn't imploding) is quite elegant and has a natural flair for drama (e.g. his "Maybe I, Maybe You" SP from the JGP Richmond), and his performance is more intense and captivating in person than when it's viewed through a camera lens.

Don't agree there---Conrad was clearly concentrating on tech without much attention to the music. I don't think Petr was that much into the music, either, but I wouldn't say Conrad was more so into it at all.

I do agree with you that Gogolev is a more engaging and expressive skater than Orzel. While Conrad is a striking figure on the ice, more often than not, most of his focus is on the jumps. While I consider his SP to be a step in the right direction, I find his LP to be rather generic and bland (although I still applaud him for saving his jumps by the skin of his teeth).

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Don't agree there---Conrad was clearly concentrating on tech without much attention to the music. I don't think Petr was that much into the music, either, but I wouldn't say Conrad was more so into it at all. These are JUNIORS---the only true performers are Camden Pulkinen, Andrew Torgashev, and Steven Gogolev (when he's not a bundle of nerves).

What? i think Gumennik is one of the best performer in Juniors, he's very good at projecting and engaging the audience, you can see it in the short and on his previous programs. Mishin sent this boy to international gala events since he was 11-12.