2018 JGP Ostrava Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Pairs Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You can grab your partner by the blade? I didn't think that was allowed. Or is that just not allowed in Dance?

This team is VERY French. Love the moves stolen from Ice Dance, like the curve lift.

Reynnou

On the Ice
You can grab your partner by the blade? I didn't think that was allowed. Or is that just not allowed in Dance?

This team is VERY French. Love the moves stolen from Ice Dance, like the curve lift.

Yeah different from your usual pair program. Hunger Games is a really good choice for juniors.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That guy earlier who just walked off from his devastated partner could learn a thing or 12 from this Chinese man. HE knows how to be supportive. And even Ted was throwing some subtle shade to that first guy. Shade from TED of all people should really make you feel ashamed.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Lochley/Prochnow are in the JGPF.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but as L/P will come a minimum of 6th, and if they did they would receive 5 points, they would receive a total of 14 points. If either H/S (currently in 1st, therefore minimum of 5th place), or Sarah Feng/TJ Nyman come 4th or better overall, couldn't they technically win on a tie break? I might be wrong....

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but as L/P will come a minimum of 6th, and if they did they would receive 5 points, they would receive a total of 14 points. If either H/S (currently in 1st, therefore minimum of 5th place), or Sarah Feng/TJ Nyman come 4th or better overall, couldn't they technically win on a tie break? I might be wrong....

L/P will have 14 points at the worst and H/S will have a 12 points at the worst when the event ends. So L/P will be ahead of H/S regardless. You're probably right as we don't know what could happen in the FP.

If Feng/Nyman get 4th place, their overall score will have to be 145.70 to be higher in the rankings than L/P.

Just calculated. If H/S gets 4th place, they'll still be behind L/P in the rankings for JGP points.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
L/P will have 14 points at the worst and H/S will have a 12 points at the worst when the event ends. So L/P will be ahead of H/S regardless. You're probably right as we don't know what could happen in the FP.

If Feng/Nyman get 4th place, their overall score will have to be 145.70 to be higher in the rankings than L/P.

Just calculated. If H/S gets 4th place, they'll still be behind L/P in the rankings for JGP points.

Ahhhh okay I see what you mean. Thanks!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is definitely one of the least flattering costumes I've seen on a male skater. She looks great though.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
By the way I'm proud that in my country it's for the first time in the season the stream did not go out till now :)

Fruitpie

On the Ice
This competition reminded me why I love this discipline. So many talanted pairs, it's just unbelieveble. Well, of course, not all was as good as figure skaters wanted it to be, but bright future is still right there, ahead of them, I think.
Great perfomances from all podium finishers. Congrats to them. And it seems that in the all top 3 pairs it's girls who are in charge, interesting!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
YUP, Feng/Nyman are in the JGPF and Lockley / Prochnow are first alternates.