2018 Junior Grand Prix Final Ladies Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior Grand Prix Final Ladies Short Program

s_parks

Record Breaker
If we didn't already know there were some really generous pcs being handed out amongst the top skaters(in all disciplines), Alena just made that more glaring. She makes Danny G's average-at-best choreography look like a masterpiece.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Clearly. Alena should be miles ahead in PCS but the judges just don’t seem to reward the beauty of her skating.
While this happens in men's too, I think the way ladies' PCS is factored exacerbates it, because using .80 as the multiplier shrinks the point differential.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Best performance ever from Kostornaya, in a class of her own when it comes to overall package she is the deal, it was a beautiful, beautiful program! I would’ve given a standing ovation. Gorgeous.
It’s so good to see beautiful performances, it fills my heart with joy!

It wasn’t the best Junior Ladies event I’ve ever seen but good fight everyone

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
If we didn't already know there were some really generous pcs being handed out amongst the top skaters(in all disciplines), Alena just made that more glaring. She makes Danny G's average-at-best choreography look like a masterpiece.

Agree. And where I come from, the phrase “decent at best” was actually a meme (long story), and now I will forever think of him as Danny “Decent At Best” G.

asingingwife

Rinkside
First time watching the Junior Grand Prix Final :) All the young ladies are so talented. I have to say that even though her performance here was disappointing I'm really started to root for Anna Shcherbakova. Her expressions are so sweet and genuine, the way she continued to sell the program after her mistakes is so admirable. You can't be perfect everytime but that is real commitment. Of course, Alena was wonderful. She really looks like she belongs in seniors already and totally deserves to be in first. Alexandra is adorable with her fearless attitude. Good for her! Yelim Kim had many lovely moments as well, delightful to watch. Anastasia Tarakanova is also enjoyable and Alena Kanysheva did well. Really such a lovely group of ladies!

My personal top three:
Anna
Alena Kostornaya
Alexandra

Hope they all give their best performances in the free skate!

sun110

Final Flight
Alena is stunning! She's like an angel on the ice :luv17: Her PCS should be wayyyy higher:mad:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Anna is very off today. Her 2A looked pretty low so is her 3Lz. Has she ever fall on a 2A before?
Alyona's jumps are huge relative to her size. Her height might be her greatest advantage for her to stay long in competition. Anyone think she is already better than Satoko (comparing two ladies with very similar size)?

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
I'm so sorry for Anna, all that pressure over her scared me. I was feeling something like that could happen... damn :(

I hope she can still catch the bronze, but Kanysheva is so solid. It's not easy at all.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Anyone think she is already better than Satoko (comparing two ladies with very similar size)?

Uhhhh....we’re just talking about jumps here, right? ;) Alena is my favorite of the juniors, but she has a ways to go before she’s at Satoko’s level of musicality imo. I don’t think any of the ladies come close to her on that front, junior or senior. But I’m very biased 😂 It will come with time, and I really hope we see Alena for years to come so she can get to that level.

neusw

On the Ice
Anna is very off today. Her 2A looked pretty low so is her 3Lz. Has she ever fall on a 2A before?
Alyona's jumps are huge relative to her size. Her height might be her greatest advantage for her to stay long in competition. Anyone think she is already better than Satoko (comparing two ladies with very similar size)?

Artistry and interpretation not quite there yet but will come with age. I think other PCS categories are better than Satoko. Alena's skating feels more free, with greater flow and ease, while Satoko's skating feels more tightly controlled.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I am super happy for Alena and Sasha who had great skates, but heartbroken for Anna S. Hope she has a redemption FS and lands those quads! I still think Anna S is the most expressive of the three Eteri super juniors. Alena is the most graceful and elegant, and I agree she looks the most like an ideal "senior lady skater" but I feel like she could be skating to any kind of music. Ultimately, Sasha (aka TINY BOSS) is my favorite. She has the "it" factor in spades. Her intensity is so fun to watch, then after her skates, I feel like she is so happy, she's about to burst into laughter. Her charisma on and off the ice remind me of Lena R.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Sasha and Alena really improved their package since last year. However to match last year JGPF in quality all ladies should do something outstanding in free.

neusw

On the Ice
Sasha and Alena really improved their package since last year. However to match last year JGPF in quality all ladies should do something outstanding in free.

It's already too late for that I'm afraid. Everyone was absolutely perfect last year except the girls jumping 3As and quads. It's a pretty impossible bar to beat.

frida80

Record Breaker

When it comes to performance and interpretation, she's not there yet. But everything else is sublime. I could watch her forever.

Danny T

Medalist
Alena!! I ruined my sleeping schedule for this and it was worth it 😍 Deservedly in first place, and PCS gap should be higher IMO. The programme's not a masterpiece in itself, but her skating it is.

Bummed for Anna S., but really great fight she showed there. Sasha's quite adorable with the flubbed spin entry, but what a solid competitor. Really loved it.

I like Kanysheva's skating too. She could use more work on expression, but her skating and jumps were really on point today. Yelim and Tarakanova had a bit of nerves today it seems, but they held it together well.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Alena... oh Alena :luv17:

I agree, this is the best performance ever from Kostornaia. She was stunning, beyond amazing.

She don't skate, she just fly :sad21:

What a moment :sad21: