2018 Junior World Championships Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Pairs SP

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so many great performances, i would put them in 2nd place, they have a lot of maturing to do but they are exciting

Edit: and so cute :luv17:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Talisa :luv17: i really cant wait to see them develop, so much potential

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
shame about the throw but yaaaas for Rippon Twist (even though it was level2 :biggrin:), they are lovely :luv17:

Edit : does anyone else think he looks a bit like Ansel Elgort? :biggrin:

schizoanalyst

Medalist
MATTE / FERLAND: Messy technically a bit, the expressions look quite artificial, and I really dislike the music edits. But the SBS synchronization was strong, and I like the definition they bring to the choreography. Lot of juniors are really sloppy and I felt they put in a great effort to define the movements. The step sequence needed to be more defined though and faster for the music though. Why do choreographers/coaches let skaters do music they aren't fast enough for?

Edit: Sad I missed the earlier skaters - any stands out I should check out?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
give them the PCS, GIVE THEM THE PCS!! that was awesome :yahoo:

aww TES dropped :(

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I like this couple, they look polished and they are more mature then most of the other couples. I worry about her height a bit, though. Hope it won't be a problem in the future.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
GAO / XIE: I quite liked this. Parts needed to be a bit faster, and the spins could be better matched with the music. And I'm not convinced Chicago is the music that highlights their best talents. They had a lovely glide and smoothness - not so much a pop or snap like some skaters - so I think something a bit different would work better for them. The twist was fantastic and the SBS was great though. Nice step sequence also, great unity. Surprised the gap was that large between them and 1st, I assume it was levels.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
MIURA / ICHIHASHI: Parts of their skating I quite liked, and others not so much. The SBS were lovely. At times they had a nice ethereal quality, beautiful glide. Others, like the step sequence, were a slog and quite sloppy. I never felt like they totally characterize the music, it was just a bit generically pretty. Overall, quite nice though.

Edit: LMAO, they are playing ATC's "Around the World LA LA LA" amazing. I haven't heard that trash in at least a decade. Eastern Europe is amazing.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
GAO / XIE: I quite liked this. Parts needed to be a bit faster, and the spins could be better matched with the music. And I'm not convinced Chicago is the music that highlights their best talents. They had a lovely glide and smoothness - not so much a pop or snap like some skaters - so I think something a bit different would work better for them. The twist was fantastic and the SBS was great though. Nice step sequence also, great unity. Surprised the gap was that large between them and 1st, I assume it was levels.

Why did they get a deduction?

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
love Shoya's upper body movements, he is lovely!

still :confused: about Chinese pair though