2018 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Ladies Free Skate

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Maria Sotskova copying all of Starr Andrews programs? Didn't want to call her out on Fever yesterday, but ...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
USA USA. First the Knerims and now Bell. Great skate. And we have another contender in the American battle for supremacy. Now what about Gracie Gold. What Treasures. Poor Masha. Poor poor Masha. Once a p ossible threat now maybe not even a threat for world team.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Just when I started to hope that Masha would finally deliver clean skate, she fell. :(

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
5 Maria SOTSKOVA (RUS)

Music: Summertime by George Gershwin

Black fringe one-shoulder dress

3Lz+3T - ok, maybe 3Lz<
3Lo+2Lo
StSq3
2A
CCoSp3
2A
2F+1Eu+3S - pop, looked 3S<
3F - fall, maybe <
3Lo
FCSp3
ChSq
LSp3

Good start, but problems with the both flips

FS: 55.41+61.83-1.00 = 116.24, 176.99, 3/5

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Hmm. You know, I prefer Princess Classic Sotskova, but she did a better job of that song than I expected. Not perfect, alas, but nice to see some branch out for her.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Why does she almost always have pony tail? It seems will not see Maria in Euros or Worlds this year, if she does not improve at nationals. Do they do the selection in Russia based on nationals?

GGFan

Record Breaker
Not my favorite version of Summertime. I can see what the choreographer was going for and Maria was doing the moves . . . but there was no connection.

At least she's not using the wannabe tano as much

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Poor Maria is going to the butcher of the technical panel....She's like the Vincent Zhou of the ladies competition.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Maria Sotskova

- Nice 3Lz+3T, both 3Lz and 3T might be < (-2)
- Good 3Lo+2Lo (+2)
- Nice steps and flow, could have more character and more relation to music, Level 3 (+2)
- Solid 2A (+2)
- Nice layover and forward catchfoot in combo spin (+2)
- Another good 2A (+1)
- 2F+1Eu+3S, 3S looks < to me (-2)
- Ouch, a fall on the 3F, flat-footed, also looks < on replay (-5)
- Better 3Lo, not a lot of flow (+1)
- Decent camel spin (+2)
- Nice spiral position in the choreo sequence (+2)
- Had to be very quick through the layback spin to match the music (+1)

Sotskova really needs a choreographer who is very strict about timing and phrasing. She still goes through the music without addressing much of it so the music just seems to be playing in the background while she does difficult steps.

Danny T

Medalist
Oh, Masha, that TES is going to be costly ... I don't like Summertime as a rule, and this programme is kinda slow TBH, but this is her best performance of if so far this season I think. I like her strength of conviction in the programme. Come back stronger for RusNats Maria! :hap10:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Uh... Summertime in a black dress. Which I do not like the speck-ish things on her arms, nor the design in general. And a cover that is not to my taste. An enigma of a program. With some okay jumps and some not okay ones. Maria Sotskova is a puzzle this season.