GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
ISU GP NHK Trophy 2018
ISU Grand Prix
Hiroshima Prefectural Sports Center
Hiroshima / JPN
09 November 2018 - 11 November 2018

PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM
Friday, 9 November 2018, 14:20 UTC +9 (JST)

Time in Other Places

START ORDER​

No.NameNation
1Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO
SP: "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face;" choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Pink Floyd medley: "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", "The Great Gig in the Sky" and "Another Brick in the Wall;" choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
2Cheng PENG / Yang JIN
SP: "Ophelia" by The Lumineers; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: "La vie en rose;" choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
3Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA
SP: "Malagueña" by Ernesto Lecuono; choreo by Yuka Sato, Jeremy Abbott, Pasquale Camerlengoeo by
FS:"Turn To Stone" by Ingrid Michaelson; choreo. by Yuka Sato, Jeremy Abbott, Pasquale Camerlengo
JPN
4Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP: "Alexander Nevski" by Sergei Prokofiev; choreo by T. Druchinina, P. Tchernyshev, P. Camerlengo
FS: "Toi et Moi" by Igor Krutoi; choreo by T. Druchinina, P. Tchernyshev, P. Camerlengo
RUS
5Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU
SP: "Buona Sera Signorina" by Fred Buscaglione; choreo by Massimo Scali, Raffaella Cazaniga, C. Giordano
FS: 2046 (soundtrack) by Shigeru Umebayashi; choreo by Massimo Scali, Raffaella Cazaniga, C. Giordano
ESP
6Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA
SP: "That's It (I'm Crazy)" by Sofi Tukker; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne, Shae Zukiwsky
FS: Swan Lake (reprise of 2017-18 FS) by Petr Tchaikovsky; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne & Shae Zukiwsky
USA
7Audrey LU / Misha MITROFANOV
SP: “Masquerade Waltz” by Aram Khachaturian; choreo by Olga Ganicheva, Evgeni Nemirovskii
FD: “El Tango de Roxanne" (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack) performed by The Police; "Come What May" (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack) performed by The Police; choreo by Olga Ganicheva, Evgeni Nemirovskii
USA
8Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM
SP: “Castle“ by Halsey; choreo by Aljona Savchenko, Benoit Richaud, Dalilah Sappenfield
FS: “Wicked Game;" performed by James Vincent McMorrow ; choreo by Aljona Savchenko, Benoit Richaud, Dalilah Sappenfield
USA

Last edited by a moderator:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
*incoherent screaming* I’m really failing as a skating fan for this GP season, I missed the entire Helsinki event last week. I’ve just about caught myself up with all the videos, but it’s not the same. :( I swear I’m living in some sort of bizarre alternate reality where at least one person in my family is either sick or has an injury.

At least I miraculously made it to TTYCT in Mississauga last Sunday. Small victories.

Anyway. Ahhh, here we are at NHK. Now THIS is where my chronic insomnia never seems to let me down. :devil:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, I'm definitely not going to be able to watch this, so I hope to wake up to see some videos of strong performances. Best of luck to Kirsten and Michael, especially.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
*incoherent screaming* I’m really failing as a skating fan for this GP season, I missed the entire Helsinki event last week. I’ve just about caught myself up with all the videos, but it’s not the same. :( I swear I’m living in some sort of bizarre alternate reality where at least one person in my family is either sick or has an injury.

At least I miraculously made it to TTYCT in Mississauga last Sunday. Small victories.

Anyway. Ahhh, here we are at NHK. Now THIS is where my chronic insomnia never seems to let me down. :devil:

I have insomnia so bad I loose sleep over it! Just TRY and find a sleep doc here in Spokane...
Hey, wait a minute....Am I seeing things or does the comp start a 9:15pm Spokane time....in one hour and 15 minutes? I am probably dreaming.....

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
You are right. Hope there’s a working link available soon.
I have insomnia so bad I loose sleep over it! Just TRY and find a sleep doc here in Spokane...
Hey, wait a minute....Am I seeing things or does the comp start a 9:15pm Spokane time....in one hour and 15 minutes? I am probably dreaming.....

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Going to do things slightly differently today. Since there are highlights with commentary on Eurosport later, I am only going to watch up to the end of the Group 1 Warm Up LIVE. And then come back briefly to watch the Group 2 Warm Up LIVE. After this, I'll have my breakfast and all to be ready in time for all the Eurosport coverage coming on. (When the Pairs highlights come on, if needsbe, I'll piece together with the archived LIVE coverage so as not to miss anybody).

World Feed is now on air (although the stream on the Eurosport Player is still showing the blue screen).

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the Eurovision Sports website:
https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/single-pair-skating-ice-dance/live.html?id=2419

Here is the link for the archived World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...rogramme/9c02219d-f8a3-4177-a1a9-407495ac77d6

Unfortunately, the Pair's Short is not being shown LIVE on Eurosport’s linear TV channels. :disapp:

...BUT, there will be highlights in between the LIVE coverage of the Ladies Short and the Men's Short.

Here is the link for the archived British Eurosport 2 highlights on the Player (starts at 7m 31s. LIVE coverage of Ladies SP at start. Highlights of Ladies SP at 1h 16m 31s. LIVE coverage of Men's SP at 1h 27m 43s):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/event/figure-skating-grand-prix/ede5e9c7-038e-425d-9123-949360f78874

Here is the Time Schedule of the Pairs SP:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpjpn2018/time0303.pdf

And here is the Live Scoring:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpjpn2018/data0303.htm

Hope this helps.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

jillredhand

Record Breaker

Hahaha, I'm relying on the traditional start-of-flu-season sickness to keep me awake. At least there's figure skating to watch in the wee hours when the mucus won't let you sleep :devil:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm here for this party! And an excellent time of day for us Aussies! Or at least those of us who don't work on Friday :laugh:

Goooo pairs!

Gee Ms Olga from Russia is dressed rather casually...hoodie and everything!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*karne wobbles into the thread*

surprise pbp today as the doctor said karne is not allowed to go to work

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I spy Polka-dots in this group! :biggrin:

Go Spain! :cheer:

- - - Updated - - -

*karne wobbles into the thread*

surprise pbp today as the doctor said karne is not allowed to go to work

Hi Karne! Hope it's nothing too serious!

Also is SBS live streaming this? I can't find it for the life of me! Still getting Eurovisionsports though luckily.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Wooo it's 5.25 am here but who can resist some live skating :clapper:

Good luck to all pairs :cheer:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hi Karne! Hope it's nothing too serious!

Also is SBS live streaming this? I can't find it for the life of me! Still getting Eurovisionsports though luckily.

Nah, just an infection, but it decided to manifest itself with the strongest symptom being the fact that I can't be upright for too long without the world starting to spin. Very woozy.

Can't see that SBS are - they did forget about the pairs at SkCan too, so maybe they forgot.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Nah, just an infection, but it decided to manifest itself with the strongest symptom being the fact that I can't be upright for too long without the world starting to spin. Very woozy.

Can't see that SBS are - they did forget about the pairs at SkCan too, so maybe they forgot.

Aww that stinks. Good thing you're not a pair skater I guess! ;) Get well soon!

Oh well, sometimes SBS commentary man can be weird.

Here comes the first pair! Good luck Japan! :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Miu SUZAKI/Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN)
Malaguena
her in red dress with lace ruffle skirt and ruffles on sleeves, flower at neck, him in white loose blouse with cummerbund

and my stream freezes, of course
3Tw
upsy
Th3S forward landing
FCCoSp
StSq
BODs

Not bad!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought that went better than last week.

Love her costume too!

The Japanese flags are out in force!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
That was great!! I think that might be first clean performance I've seen from them, so nice to see them growing in confidence and skill. I love their steop sequence, and they get better at their expression every time. Well done!