2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program

gold12345

Medalist
1. USFSA is not In control over who gets placed on the GP aside from just three spots. Gracie got her assignment based on ISU rules.

2. Meghan could not get more than just me spot because her SB last year was too low to earn a spot. She got the TBA spot.

3. I like the idea of test skates but it would not have changed Gracie or Meghan's slots.

Yup, the individual countries don't decide which of their skaters appear on the GP, aside from any host picks. People are continuously confused by this year after year. I wish they would write this in the rules clearly somewhere so more people know.

And having test skates wouldn't have made a difference in Gracie's case. She very obviously needs a lot of time and patience. Forcing her to do a test skate in August wouldn't have gotten her ready any faster. It's not as if she wasn't taking this GP seriously, it simply wasn't possible for her to be ready this fast.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
This event started so bad! I'm rooting for a better free!
So far, the ice seems cursed! :dev2:

It was a nice performance from Gracie Gold, I think she's very brave and I wish her the best!

Mako really surprised me, she's a consistent skater as far as I can remember. Has the pressure gotten to her? I hope she's healthy and this was just a minor fluke. Maybe she can still medal because who knows what the heck will happen in the Free!

Sofia was very nice to watch, to me her trademark is the hands movements, she just moves her hands a lot! And oh, that smile, that confidence! She's rocking it! :yes2: Just the music is a bit too "one note" imo, there's not much depth to it. But it's alright.

Sad for my baby Eunsoo, that was tough! She needs to learn to not let go of the performance when she makes a mistake. She looked very nervous right from the start, rushing her movements a little, she just didn't look relaxed and this program requires that from her. A shame! But maybe she can come back stronger in the Free. :eek:hwell:

Yura and Yuna both had "interesting" programs, music wise. Honestly, I keep switching their names, I never know who is Yura and who is Yuna. :laugh: Anyway, the polkadots lady was just not great... That music... Just no. And I feel like, if the music was better, everything else would be better and it almost looks like she knows that because she was not selling that program as much as she needs to sell it! The other Japanese lady also had a peculiar SP but she was selling the hell out of it, she just looks like she is having SO MUCH FUN! :laugh:

I didn't really watch Paganini's entire performance... The other ladies were not too memorable to me. Elizabet was like... Not very interesting, I don't like that program, I don't hate it but I don't like it. Polina started so perfectly and then, whoops! Such a shame! :eek:hwell:

Oh, and Alina!! It was a nice performance for the home crowd! Good jumps, great 3Lz3Lo, alright 2A, good 3F, she did her job! Looking very solid and fierce! :yes:

I'm not really looking forward for the Free, I'm actually scared now. :roll9: This event is canceled! :laugh2:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Strangely, to me both of these skaters, Alaine Chartrand and Megan Wessenberg, made the most of their Grand Prix opportunities. They turned in creditworthy and entertaining performances. :yes:

After seeing Alaine at SA, I have lots of respect for her...very nice to watch....you go girl!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
For Gracie, this is just the first step of a long road. Remember the first big comoetition of Osmond after a season out due to injury. A disaster. But two season later she finished olympic medalist. Gracie just come back from mental illness and basically two season without competing. She will get better.

frida80

Record Breaker
For Gracie, this is just the first step of a long road. Remember the first big comoetition of Osmond after a season out due to injury. A disaster. But two season later she finished olympic medalist. Gracie just come back from mental illness and basically two season without competing. She will get better.

An Olympic team gold medalist medalist, individual bronze medalist, World Silver medalist and World Champ. Kaetlyn is the ultimate example of never giving up.

Country
Norway
I didn´t get to watch the SP last night, but will certainly see some videos before tonights FS.

I really have to say this: I came home from a party last night, just scrolled down Instagram, and there was a video of Gracies comeback. I saw some of the comments and I wish I didn´t. Several people commenting that she should loose some weight. Oh my god THAT MAD ME SO ANGRY. Actually I got tears in my eyes (guess it was partly the alcohol but still). I really really hope those people didn´t know the history behind, but either way it´s not okay to comment so even if there isn´t a history, because, no wonder people get eating disorder. It´s just so cruel comment. Of course people was commenting back in a angry way on those comments, but it just made me so shocked. And it was more then one singel comment.

I really hope Gracie doesn´t see those comments and only see all the good supportive ones. From what I can tell from the Twitter-post she is overwhelmed with the good feedback. Either way, what she has done, she can be proud and i´m looking forward to see the SP even though I know the score and I believe she can have a better FS. I see people having a opinion that she should do some B-event instead, I think it´s good that the world sees how much work it is to recover from something like that, people maybe excepted something better but having a break shows how much work it actually is beiing a figure skater.