2018 Rostelecom Cup Men's Free Skate | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Men's Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
This is escalating at light speed, are you telling me that Yuzuru attempted that 4Lz again??? The jump that lost him his ankles???? God I need process time for Kazuki alone, and now my darling Junhwan is in finals contention and Yuzuru fell and everyone bombed and ID starts in 10 minutes why am I not at home

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!:eeking::eeking:
Samarin would need to be second in France to move ahead of Junhwan. That’s not impossible, but you’d think Jin Boyang could manage silver assuming he reins it in a bit after the wildness in Helsinki.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Samarin would need to be second in France to move ahead of Junhwan. That’s not impossible, but you’d think Jin Boyang could manage silver assuming he reins it in a bit after the wildness in Helsinki.

I find it safer to expect nothing from Jin Boyang and be pleasantly surprised when he delivers, haha.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kazuki bronze!! Well-deserved, congratulations! :hap93:

Yuzu won by 30 points anyway for the lulz :drama: I'm sad, not gonna lie, but also very proud of him for pulling a layout he didn't practice at all, and after the quite bad fall on the 4Lo in practice. I would say Otonal is the programme that improves the most, but this (minus axels trouble) is the best he got into Origin. The choreographic sequence at the end was better, and everything before the first axel fall was sharper too. Keep improving Yuzu, I think Origin still has more room to grow :hap10: (side note: 3A you sneks, and I just knew that 4T-eu-3S was gonna snake him. Give it up Yuzu it's unrequited love :curse:)

Also, not to jinx him, but Junhwan's chance at GPF just got exponentially bigger :devil: (as long as Nathan doesn't flop France)

I didn't realise Yuzu had hurt himself! Ouch, poor guy, I thought his jumps were all different today, but due to my lack of ability to recognise anything that's not an axel I wasn't 100% sure.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

So unless Samarin gets silver next week Junhwan is in????

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So unless Samarin gets silver next week Junhwan is in????

Pretty much.

As I joke. Kazuki did a solid for Jun's chances. Jason and Kevin have a chance to help too. I guess Samarin can "help" like Messing did. Ah, the Skate Canada brotherhood is so precious.

moriel

Record Breaker
GPF thoughts: Voronov is in

Cha Jun-hwan... If Nathan is 1st, he is in with 30 points, and we have 5 guys in GPF: Nathan, Hanyu, Shoma, Michal and Voronov. In this case, if Samarin is second, he has 22 points and beats Cha on tiebreakers.
If Nathan is #2, #3, #4, #5 he is in above Cha. In this case, Cha is in if Samarin is 3rd or below, and Aliev and Boyang are not 1st, because if either of those happen they will be ahead of Cha.

Danny T

Medalist
Yuzu got a warning call on the flip RIP. And I agree (with someone above) that he needs to check that StSq again, he hasn't gotten a single level 4 on it 3 competitions in.

When it rains it really pours, poor dude :palmf:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
... Just read the protocols, thank (bleep) goodness Yuzuru didn't attempt his 4Lo (god look after them ankles Yuzuru), and I cannot believe Artur Dmitriev went for the 4A, for me that is basically the cursed jump. And after him the men started popping their axels including Hanyu worlds-best-3A-owner Yuzuru, it's proven itself to be cursed. Really, this just might be more a mess than NHK if it weren't for the fact that despite underrotations KAZUKI LANDED THEM JUMPS :hap93:

moriel

Record Breaker
... Just read the protocols, thank (bleep) goodness Yuzuru didn't attempt his 4Lz (god look after them Yuzuru), and I cannot believe Artur Dmitriev went for the 4A, for me that is basically the cursed jump. And after him the men started popping their axels including Hanyu worlds-best-3A-owner Yuzuru, it's proved itself to be cursed. Really, this just might be more a mess than NHK if it weren't for the fact that despite underrotations KAZUKI LANDED THEM JUMPS :hap93:

Dmitriev used all the axel available for this competition on that 4A attempt

Weetos

Final Flight
... Just read the protocols, thank (bleep) goodness Yuzuru didn't attempt his 4Lz (god look after them Yuzuru), and I cannot believe Artur Dmitriev went for the 4A, for me that is basically the cursed jump. And after him the men started popping their axels including Hanyu worlds-best-3A-owner Yuzuru, it's proved itself to be cursed. Really, this just might be more a mess than NHK if it weren't for the fact that despite underrotations KAZUKI LANDED THEM JUMPS :hap93:

You mean his 4Lo? That was what he fell on in practice

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Pretty much.

As I joke. Kazuki did a solid for Jun's chances. Jason and Kevin have a chance to help too. I guess Samarin can "help" like Messing did. Ah, the Skate Canada brotherhood is so precious.

I might just upgrade Kazuki's status in my heart as darling for that :laugh: Oh goodness me I am a mixed bag of feelings right now I am sad for Yuzuru and Andrei and all the bombed skates but Kazuki got bronze and darling may go to finals if Samarin doesn't get silver what should I do