2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2018 Russian Junior Nationals Ladies FS

starla16

Medalist
If someone could possibly explain to me who Konstantinova is related to, that is a big shot?

Honestly, I don't see any other explanation. This makes zero sense. Not only shooting themselves in the foot for this JWC but disadvantaging themselves in terms of damaging the more talented juniors coming up, which means overall shooting themselves in the foot? Ok so who is it? Spill the tea my Russian friends, someone has to know!

honestly, I think this is the most reliable answer, she must have some nepotism in russian figure skating. Her scores make domestically crushes Sotnikova's records.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
honestly, I think this is the most reliable answer, she must have some nepotism in russian figure skating. Her scores make domestically crushes Sotnikova's records.
Zagitova never received such PCS scores as a junior. Neither did Tsurskaya, neither did Medvedeva.

You watch that skate and consider they treat her as the best, most artistic Russian junior in history.

starla16

Medalist
Zagitova never received such PCS scores as a junior. Neither did Tsurskaya, neither did Medvedeva.

You watch that skate and consider they treat her as the best, most artistic Russian junior in history.

17 junior crushes 13-14 little girls :shocked:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Going through the jumps, at least Konstantinova's second flip is clearly !(It never even was inside) and more importantly, is UR by at least as much as Gubanova's 3T<.

Not only that - she has 2 foot landing there - for which some judges scored that as +0 or +1 GOE :sarcasm:

russianfan

Match Penalty
It makes me almost wish Konstantinova loses the third spot so RusFed can see the mistake they've made.

Technically, we already have only two spots at Worlds, because the third one goes to the skater who is not a medal contender at all. Congrats to Kihira with easy medal at JWC.

russianfan

Match Penalty
to be fair, Rika if clean deserves a JW medal :)

She does, there is no doubt about that, but with Gubanova/Tarakanova/Panenkova as 3rd russian she would have to earn that, there would be not much room for mistakes. Now though, there's no intrigue, she will be in top-3 for sure. Konstantinova is not a threat for her, more like a joke. Rika will outskate her even without 3A easily.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
But only a minority.:) Five judges scored it with -1, three with 0, and one with +1.

implying like it's something good, seriously? :rolleye:
as I recall 2 foot landing usually get -2 goe from all
in any case, considering that between Gubanova and Konstantinova was mere half-point of difference - correct minuses there would be enough to put Gubanova where she should be
And with called UR it would be even more convincing.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
implying like it's something good, seriously? :rolleye:
as I recall 2 foot landing usually get -2 goe from all
in any case, considering that between Gubanova and Konstantinova was mere half-point of difference - correct minuses there would be enough to put Gubanova where she should be
And with called UR it would be even more convincing.

Is there a binding regulation for it?

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
It was a very pleasant competition to see and Kostornaia's free skating make my day :cry::yes2:
Happy to see her win the FS and come out in the second place overall.

About Kostantinova's final placement... i just don't get it. Is also starting to be a bit too old for take away a spot at JWC from one of the other talents.

Oh well...

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
So is Eteri involved in the costuming decisions for her students? I noticed that everyone is still wearing the same dress they've had all year. Only if you're Evgenia then you get a new dress for every competition. :biggrin:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
So is Eteri involved in the costuming decisions for her students? I noticed that everyone is still wearing the same dress they've had all year. Only if you're Evgenia then you get a new dress for every competition. :biggrin:
Is it something unusual? Dresses aren't cheap after all.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
How is it that Dasha can skate two clean programs and Stasya can make mistakes and Dasha is still 11 points below Stasya??

Elucidus

Match Penalty
How is it that Dasha can skate two clean programs and Stasya can make mistakes and Dasha is still 11 points below Stasya??

implying you don't know answer to your question )
welcome to russian judges corruption
after seeing there TAT (big fan of Konstantinova) and Lakernik (technical controller and big ISU shot) - with whom she probably is on friendly terms - I am not surprised of anything