Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh my gosh -- Jason skated onto the ice and I barely recognized him. Looking for the Practice reports thread.

pearly

Record Breaker
FYI Shoma is back to silver blades. Someone please let the Lombardia camera operator know.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It’ll be really interesting to see the internal contest between Keegan, Nam and Roman here. Especially, with an eye to eventual Worlds berths, how the short program goes, because clearly the fed will want avoid the crisis scenario that happened last time where Nam missed the free skate.

Roman, unlike the other two, has two quads in his short program. At ACI he got negative GOE on all three jumping passes, but still scored 78.14, close to Nam’s best result to date this season. We’ve only seen Roman once so far this season, so can he improve on that result?

EDIT: The men’s planned program content. Looks like Keegan will be taking a run at the quad Lutz.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Wow to this amazing line up with so many different styles! I have high expectations. Don't let me down....

GO all!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*excited wriggling*

Brendan and Jason! Brendan and Jason! Go! Go! :cheer:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
The phrase “kill your darlings” comes up in writing advice but it’s how I feel about some of these GP events. While Skate Canada isn’t quite as nutty as the upcoming Boyang versus Kolyada versus Hanyu (versus BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE), SC still has at least four guys I would love to see make it onto the podium but aren’t being discussed as likely candidates for medals or the GPF. [emoji24] Wishing everyone a clean skate and hope all of you at the event have unobstructed views, water bottles with caps, and a great time!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Will the tech panel be as strict as it was as Skate America? :think: For consistency's sake, it had better be... :roll5:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
The phrase “kill your darlings” comes up in writing advice but it’s how I feel about some of these GP events. While Skate Canada isn’t quite as nutty as the upcoming Boyang versus Kolyada versus Hanyu (versus BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE), SC still has at least four guys I would love to see make it onto the podium but aren’t being discussed as likely candidates for medals or the GPF. [emoji24] Wishing everyone a clean skate and hope all of you at the event have unobstructed views, water bottles with caps, and a great time!

LOL, but that's when competitions are at their best :hpull: So many to like.

I haven’t been as excited for a figure skating competition this season as for this. Excited to watch all of them.

Prediction after short:
Shoma
Jason
Keegan

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I cannot see anyone finishing ahead of Shoma, but everything is possible for the podium between Messing, Junhwan, Sadovsky and Samarin. Haven't made my mind up for the predictions yet.

What about Jason - the man doesn't have a pony tail or a quad but still does well especially in the short even with errors.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Other than Shoma, hoping for Junhwan, Jason, Nam, and Keegan to medal.

That’s too many lol - should be a good competition!

:hap85: Just extend the podium for accommodate five men. Better yet, can we give everyone a gold medal?

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
LOL, but that's when competitions are at their best :hpull: So many to like.

I haven’t been as excited for a figure skating competition this season as for this. Excited to watch all of them.

Prediction after short:
Shoma
Jason
Keegan

I submitted “What If We Get The Sequel To the Men’s Free From WC18 No One Asked For” predictions and a set of semi-real ones. Assuming Uno takes first, it feels a bit like throwing darts while blindfolded to order the rest, as there are a lot of potential podium-finishers here, but how they do relative to each other... oh man.