2018 US Championships Sr. Pairs FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Pairs FS

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
In the department of "once every four year fans", someone I know is complaining on Facebook about USFSA refusing to send the 2nd and 3rd place pair teams to the Olympics. Explaining that the U.S. did not qualify for three pair spots in the Olympics has not pacified her. She feels the other two pairs are being inexplicably cheated and thinks the IOC should get involved.

Those people really make me dread the Olympic season.

Sorry for being blunt, but tell her instead of using that that time to be angry, use it to relearn elementary math. When you only have 1, you can't give away 3.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
OK , I didn't read the whole thread, and need an explanation. The Knierims were 10th last year at worlds. Why can USA send only one pair to the Olympics?

louisa05

Final Flight
Sorry for being blunt, but tell her instead of using that that time to be angry, use it to relearn elementary math. When you only have 1, you can't give away 3.

This person basically mocks me for watching skating and having attended events. Then every four years like clockwork, she tunes into Nationals and the Olympics and pretends to be an uber fan all over social media. And her opinions end up being pure nonsense. She also thinks it is sad that the media is ignoring how cool it is that both Nathan and Karen made the Olympics because she insists they are siblings.

Even explaining how spots are determined has not helped, so we will let her continue to feel her outrage right through the Olympics.

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
OK , I didn't read the whole thread, and need an explanation. The Knierims were 10th last year at worlds. Why can USA send only one pair to the Olympics?

Because only 16 spots were available at Worlds. So, since the US was the last team that could qualify two spots, they got spot 16 and couldn't get another one.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deanna and Nate at 4CCs???

:yahoo:

With Jason there, I'm more interested in 4CCs than the Olys:laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I get why Americans are confused. They probably should have had two spots in my opinion. I'm not sure why when the French turned down their second spot it wasn't given to the Americans (going by how it was determined that the US got one spot for the Olympics but two for worlds)

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I get why Americans are confused. They probably should have had two spots in my opinion. I'm not sure why when the French turned down their second spot it wasn't given to the Americans (going by how it was determined that the US got one spot for the Olympics but two for worlds)

Because the rules don't allow for that, and I agree with you, but it is what it is.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone have a link to the Chris/Alexa interview with Andrea Joyce? I saw it somewhere but can't find it now.