2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It looks like Loena has withdrawn from Euros </3

Oh no!!!! No news yet on her Facebook page but I hope she'll give us some more info soon. Probably her foot hasn't healed enough yet. Such a pity. I was really looking forward to seeing her again.

Nirti

Medalist
When a non-Russian European girl is rising to the podiums, then she often sustain a hard injury and it's hard to make a comeback... Hendrickx, Lindfors, Kuchvalska... :(

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
When a non-Russian European girl is rising to the podiums, then she often sustain a hard injury and it's hard to make a comeback... Hendrickx, Lindfors, Kuchvalska... :(

Yes, it is probably hard to compete with the 'professional' school/college age athletes from Russia who are probably much better conditioned by having 4-6 hours of ice daily, and PE, stretching and conditioning at a mandatory high level.

When a Western European student age (18-20+ years of age) has many other obligations, perhaps needs to work for his/her skating practice, lives far from a rink, etc etc.

The Russian state sponsored sports school system is much more than the sum of its parts.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Yes, that’s sad. I'm impressed with Finland having three spots at Euros!

Who are the Russian women skating for other nations now? Still training in Russia or abroad? I know Kurakova for Poland training in Toronto and Ryabova for Azerbaijan training in Moscow.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Yes, that’s sad. I'm impressed with Finland having three spots at Euros!

Who are the Russian women skating for other nations now? Still training in Russia or abroad? I know Kurakova for Poland training in Toronto and Ryabova for Azerbaijan training in Moscow.

Viktoriia Safonova is representing Belarus now and Anna Kuzmenko skates for France.

icetug

Medalist

I'm not sure that it was only injury what kept Angelina Kuchvalska away from a rink. When she lost an Olympic spot to Diana Nikitina, she just didn't know if she wanted to skate anymore. She decided to return when Diana got injured and there was nobody in Latvia to take their place. Certainly it's hard to come back as the landscape in ladies' fs is so different that two years ago.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Euros is in more or less a week from now and I am honestly freaking out in a good way. But it got me thinking,,with both Loena and Viveca out, is there a chance for any non russian lady to medal at euros this season?

I mean, we have some ex-russians that skate for another country now(Kurakova, Ryabova on the top of my head) which seem to have a good shot of at least being up there, but what about the others? Is Alexia gonna come with quads as we sneak peeked on her insta a few months ago that shes training them? I don't know how likely that is gonna be but it would be a surprise for sure and would make euros more interesting.

Country
Norway
Euros is in more or less a week from now and I am honestly freaking out in a good way. But it got me thinking,,with both Loena and Viveca out, is there a chance for any non russian lady to medal at euros this season?

I mean, we have some ex-russians that skate for another country now(Kurakova, Ryabova on the top of my head) which seem to have a good shot of at least being up there, but what about the others? Is Alexia gonna come with quads as we sneak peeked on her insta a few months ago that shes training them? I don't know how likely that is gonna be but it would be a surprise for sure and would make euros more interesting.

As long as the 3A doesn´t make any big/multiple mistakes, I think there would be quite small chance for anybody else to medal at Euros, even with Loena and Viveca there. As for the technical layout, I can not see the big difference between Loena and Viveca, and the others girls mentioned.

Even if Alexia did one quad, there would still be long way to the podium, with the others having multiple quads and triple axels, along with the general skating skills. There is a huge different this year and last year in the technical layout between the predicted podium and others. That wasn´t the case last year, the difference was more the matter of PCS and quality of the elements. So the room to make mistakes wasn´t that big as this year, and the result was that the podium turned out to be a bit of a surprise (but a nice one :)

But, the outcome of the places from 4-10 is not very predictable this year. I think there will be some surprises there. I think Nicole Schott can be a wild card this year, I think she can do top 5, she has a good season so far and has quite engaging and good programs, but there will be a battle between the skaters you have mentioned.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Wondering if Lucrezia Beccari is going to junior worlds? Is she also joining Alessia at Europeans?

sadly Lucrezia didn't end in top 3 at nationals, all 3 medalists are junior eligible and we got just one spot, so it will be Tornaghi's (gold medalist, who is also currently at YOG)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
At the moment Viveca is still announced to compete at Challenge Cup, Haag at the end of the Febryary and after that Coupe du Printemps, Kockelscheuer in the middle of March. Challenge Cup is the only situation for her to give the proof for WC. Is it too late? She needs to get the best SB of Finnish ladies to get the spot, according to local rules.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Norwegian championships:

1. Silja Anna Skulstad URANG 119.16
2. Kari Sofie Slørdahl TELLEFSEN 113.75
3. Marianne STÅLEN 104.39

DenissVFan

Medalist
Skaters competing at Europeans ranked by ISU SBs (in the brackets I added some additional scores from competitions that didn’t count towards the SB to better illustrate these skaters’ scoring potential):

1. 247.59 Alena KOSTORNAIA (RUS)
2. 241.02 Alexandra TRUSOVA (RUS)
3. 240.92 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA (RUS)
4. 201.47 Ekaterina KURAKOVA (POL)
5. 192.49 Viktoriia SAFONOVA (BLR)
6. 187.77 Ekaterina RYABOVA (AZE)
7. 182.71 Nicole SCHOTT (GER)
8. 181.20 Jenni SAARINEN (FIN)
9. 179.69 Alexia PAGANINI (SUI)
10. 179.50 Alina URUSHADZE (GEO)
11. 178.60 Alessia TORNAGHI (ITA)
12. 177.37 Alexandra FEIGIN (BUL)
13. 166.16 Maia MAZZARA (FRA)
14. 166.10 Eva-Lotta KIIBUS (EST)
15. 166.02 Lea SERNA (FRA)
16. 159.98 Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA)
17. 158.39 Dasa GRM (SLO)
18. 155.79 Ivett TOTH (HUN)
19. 152.50 Emmi PELTONEN (FIN)
20. 151.48 Linnea CEDER (FIN)
21. 150.86 Angelina KUCHVALSKA (LAT)
22. 150.81 Anita OSTLUND (SWE)
23. 147.69 Niki WORIES (NED)
24. 144.13 Nelli IOFFE (ISR)
25. 141.49 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA (LTU)
26. 141.32 Valentina MATOS (ESP)
27. 140.11 Olga MIKUTINA (AUT) (scored 166.56 at a senior B this season)
28. 134.58 Antonina DUBININA (SRB)
29. 133.88 Natasha MCKAY (GBR)
30. 128.23 Klara STEPANOVA (CZE)
31. 127.80 Anastasia GOZHVA (UKR)
32. 122.64 Sinem KUYUCU (TUR)
33. 115.43 Ema DOBOSZOVA (SVK)
34. 114.84 Eliska BREZINOVA (CZE)
35. 106.46 Hana CVIJANOVIC (CRO)
36. n/a Yasmine Kimiko YAMADA (SUI) (scored 163.54 at a senior B this season)
37. n/a Anastasiya GALUSTYAN (ARM) (scored 154.13 at a senior B this season)
38. n/a Julia SAUTER (ROU)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thank you DenissVFan. Great to note she's still loving the sport. But so sad to hear about all the injuries.