2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ladies’ Figure Skating

icetug

Medalist
4 Nationals - top 3 after the SP (all 3 made mistakes):

1. Kurakova 57.30
2. Brezinova 56.85
3. Toth 52.26

And the only one with a clean skate was 15 y.o. Regina Schermann from Hungary who is 4th after SP. Really nice performance. A little pressure on Ivett Toth doesn't harm her;)

DenissVFan

Medalist
And the only one with a clean skate was 15 y.o. Regina Schermann from Hungary who is 4th after SP. Really nice performance. A little pressure on Ivett Toth doesn't harm her;)

Indeed, she's really promising ;) I enjoyed her performance. We'll see whether she can hold it together in the free.

I was happy that Eliska had a pretty good skate (despite the mistake) after some not so great ones.

What happened to Ela's axel, though... I wonder if it was connected to an injury (I think she was injured earlier in the season).

Btw, did I imagine that Julia Lang was to compete and didn't? I started to question my memory...

Meanwhile, at the Swedish nationals Anita and Matilda both popped the flip into a double. #solidarity

DenissVFan

Medalist
4 Nationals - top 3:

1. Kurakova POL 177.96
2 Toth HUN 159.09
3. Schermann HUN 155.77

Brezinova had a very rough FS and ended up in 4th.

National podiums:

Poland:

1. Kurakova
2. Rzepiel
3. Gabryszak

Czech Republic:

1. Brezinova
2. Rychtarikova
3. Fricova

Hungary:

1. Toth
2. Schermann
3. Szigeti

Slovakia:

1. Doboszova
2. Mifkovicova
3. Srbecka (even though she placed 18th out of 18)

(The lack of Rajicova and Hugec was felt when it comes to Slovakia.)

Kurakova had some unders and a little stepout. Brezinova and Gabryszak underperformed as compared to what they are capable of. Toth is also capable of more but that was a decent skate. Schermann was a nice surprise. If she polishes her PCS, she'll challenge Toth for Hungary's #1.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Indeed, she's really promising ;) I enjoyed her performance. We'll see whether she can hold it together in the free.

I was happy that Eliska had a pretty good skate (despite the mistake) after some not so great ones.

What happened to Ela's axel, though... I wonder if it was connected to an injury (I think she was injured earlier in the season).

Btw, did I imagine that Julia Lang was to compete and didn't? I started to question my memory...

Meanwhile, at the Swedish nationals Anita and Matilda both popped the flip into a double. #solidarity

she was supposed to be there, maybe she wd

pete

On the Ice
Italian Nataionals
Top 3 after SP:

1. Alessia Tornaghi: 68,86
2. Lucrezia Beccari: 62,44
3. Marina Piredda: 60,16

MaHa75

On the Ice
And in Estonian National Eva-Lotta Kiibus is leading after sp with clean short and 63,.06 points! Last year Estonian champion Gerli Liinamäe was wd.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks.
I think Safonova has loads of potential. So I’m surprised that her overall score is kinda low.
And Alina Urushadze? How did she do at her nationals?

There is no Alina Urushadze in the protocols, overall level was low < << everywhere, a bit sad really for a nation that also invests lots of money in raising its prestige through sports.

Safonova skated with a bandaged knee, and seemed to favour her other leg a little. A ! on 3Lz!+1Eu+2S combination, against two underrotations and two falls from Romashova.

Is Safonova capable of matching scores with Kurakova etc.?

DenissVFan

Medalist
There is no Alina Urushadze in the protocols

Urushadze represents Georgia. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about their nationals.

Meanwhile, Kuchvalska won the Latvian nationals, scoring 148.13. She was the sole competitor in senior ladies.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Forgot I hadn't put the results of Swiss Senior Nationals here:

1 Alexia PAGANINI 177.18
2 Noémie BODENSTEIN 156.05
3 Yasmine YAMADA 149.97

Juniors will happen in early January.

Andrea82

Medalist
Forgot I hadn't put the results of Swiss Senior Nationals here:

1 Alexia PAGANINI 177.18
2 Noémie BODENSTEIN 156.05
3 Yasmine YAMADA 149.97

Juniors will happen in early January.

The selection for European Championships was also announced. It is Paganini and Yamada.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The selection for European Championships was also announced. It is Paganini and Yamada.

And Shaline Ruegger as substitute: last woman standing who met the internal qualification bar and wasn't told off for the Youth Winter Olympics, after Tanja Odermatt had to cut her season short due to injury.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
And Shaline Ruegger as substitute: last woman standing who met the internal qualification bar and wasn't told off for the Youth Winter Olympics, after Tanja Odermatt had to cut her season short due to injury.

Yamada, isn't she a lefty that skates against the flow but jumps clockwise?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yamada, isn't she a lefty that skates against the flow but jumps clockwise?

I have no idea, to be honest - I don't track details like that very well.

Just to backfill a previous piece of information - the SIS internal qualification bar for Europeans and Senior Worlds is the achievement of 70.5 points in total TES across a single international competition (that's why Noémie Bodenstein wasn't in consideration for Euros despite making the podium: she has the ISU minimums but only met - read crushed - the SIS ones at Nationals). So their minimum tech requirement is 7.5 points higher than the ISU tech minimums for Euros combined. Does anyone know if any other Federations have similar internal qualifications to meet, and if so, are they as stringent?