2019-20 Ladies' power ranking | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Ladies' power ranking

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Liza has 0 chances now. Even Miahara is more capable of qualifying to GPF.
Medo is a wild card, i think she can get her spot with 4/1. I expect Bradie to keep her scores and perhaps placement if she skates clean at SC. I doubt that Kihira is healthy but we'll see
4 from Eteri is not going to happen, that's just overkill

Liza doesn't have 0 chances... She has a huge shot of getting second at China, and could even win if Anna falls on her quad(s) which is a possibility. A 3 + 2 then might qualify her, especially if Bradie doesn't place in Canada. Its not like Bradie is guaranteed a podium spot in a field with Trusova, Kihira, Medvedeva, and Young You who could land her 3As, etc. And if she wins China, which is definitely in the realm of possibility, then she'll for sure qualify. Also, Kihira just had an ankle injury but was skating with two triple axels only a couple weeks ago, what makes you think she won't be healthy? And 4 from Eteri definitely could happen no matter whether you think its "overkill". I mean look at their scores so far.

Pantsu

On the Ice
Kihira just had an ankle injury but was skating with two triple axels only a couple weeks ago, what makes you think she won't be healthy?

Kinda obvious, a couple weeks ago she had no Lz.

Liza doesn't have 0 chances... She has a huge shot of getting second at China, and could even win if Anna falls on her quad(s) which is a possibility. A 3 + 2 then might qualify her, especially if Bradie doesn't place in Canada. Its not like Bradie is guaranteed a podium spot in a field with Trusova, Kihira, Medvedeva, and Young You who could land her 3As, etc. And if she wins China, which is definitely in the realm of possibility, then she'll for sure qualify.

Second place won't be enough with the scores she gets. There is already a high chance for 4 Russians to qualify. Do you think ISU, fans, sponsors want to have even more, i doubt that.

And 4 from Eteri definitely could happen no matter whether you think its "overkill". I mean look at their scores so far.

Well, Bradie could easily win SA. The difference was only ~10 points. Just one fall on a quad and the whole story could be quite different.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Mine now:

1. Alexandra Trusova: has the highest FS score this season (though it was at JO) and still has a lot of room to improve - clean up the quad landings, get the whole rotation and positive GOE on the 3Lz-3Lo combo, etc.

2. Alena Kostornaya: has a huge FS score and two triple axels, and the highest PCS of the 3A so far. She was completely clean at Finlandia, so not much room for her score to improve besides a PCS bump, but is doing amazingly well so far!

3. Alina Zagitova: still to skate a full competition, but looks poised to succeed this year as well, and is still getting huge scores, so it's likely we can see her at championships this season!

4. Anna Shcherbakova: can get over 225 with only 65 in the SP and has greatly improved her success rate on 4Lz. Also has a huge FS score, which she can still improve upon by getting her two 3-3 combos cleaner.

5. Rika Kihira: is she still injured? She has the potential to score huge, and has done it many times, but is a question mark now because of the injury (is the 3Lz back?). Still has wonderful triple axels though and can definitely get silver this week, if not win, but will face a sharper competition this season than last.

6. Evgenia Medvedeva: she scored really well at Autumn Classic, and has huge chances to take home a medal at Skate Canada this week, but needs to skate cleanly.

7. Bradie Tennell: looks really good for the beginning of the season and coming back from an injury! She still has room to improve but managed to score very nicely at Skate America this week.

8. Kaori Sakamoto: has a huge potential score, but is working her way up there. She looked a lot better here this week than at Nepela, and will likely earn huge scores at her next event.

9. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: has two triple axels, but a questionable jump layout, and not the strongest spins, skating skills, or PCS. Can still score well but is not scoring as high this season as she was last season.

10. Young You: has a triple axel, though inconsistent, and could play spoiler at Skate Canada this week.

E

eterialskater

Kinda obvious, a couple weeks ago she had no Lz.

Second place won't be enough with the scores she gets. There is already a high chance for 4 Russians to qualify. Do you think ISU, fans, sponsors want to have even more, i doubt that.

Well, Bradie could easily win SA. The difference was only ~10 points. Just one fall on a quad and the whole story could be quite different.

You know in the 2013-14 GPF they had 4 talented Russians, the legendary Mao Asada and Ashley Wagner compete. That was in an Olympic year BTW. What makes you think they won't do 5 Russians when they are so much stronger now than that Olympic season? If Bradie somehow manages to sneak a place then she can thank her US no. 1 position when that happens.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Mine now:

1. Alexandra Trusova: has the highest FS score this season (though it was at JO) and still has a lot of room to improve - clean up the quad landings, get the whole rotation and positive GOE on the 3Lz-3Lo combo, etc.

2. Alena Kostornaya: has a huge FS score and two triple axels, and the highest PCS of the 3A so far. She was completely clean at Finlandia, so not much room for her score to improve besides a PCS bump, but is doing amazingly well so far!

3. Alina Zagitova: still to skate a full competition, but looks poised to succeed this year as well, and is still getting huge scores, so it's likely we can see her at championships this season!

4. Anna Shcherbakova: can get over 225 with only 65 in the SP and has greatly improved her success rate on 4Lz. Also has a huge FS score, which she can still improve upon by getting her two 3-3 combos cleaner.

5. Rika Kihira: is she still injured? She has the potential to score huge, and has done it many times, but is a question mark now because of the injury (is the 3Lz back?). Still has wonderful triple axels though and can definitely get silver this week, if not win, but will face a sharper competition this season than last.

6. Evgenia Medvedeva: she scored really well at Autumn Classic, and has huge chances to take home a medal at Skate Canada this week, but needs to skate cleanly.

7. Bradie Tennell: looks really good for the beginning of the season and coming back from an injury! She still has room to improve but managed to score very nicely at Skate America this week.

8. Kaori Sakamoto: has a huge potential score, but is working her way up there. She looked a lot better here this week than at Nepela, and will likely earn huge scores at her next event.

9. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: has two triple axels, but a questionable jump layout, and not the strongest spins, skating skills, or PCS. Can still score well but is not scoring as high this season as she was last season.

10. Young You: has a triple axel, though inconsistent, and could play spoiler at Skate Canada this week.
This is pretty much what I think. [emoji106]

Elucidus

Match Penalty
The system did not include her 3Lz+3T<... which would have given her about 2 more points because an under-rotated 3Lz+3T is still worth more than a 3Lz+2T. Her other jumps looked fine, especially the first 3Lz+3T. You don't have to be a known prone under-rotator to have an off day. Even in real-time, Liza's 3Lo was under. A lot of the jumps which looked clean in real-time were given the benefit of the doubt at Skate America. Many of the jumps which had questionable landings were dinged (i.e. Anna's 3Lz+3Lo and 3Lz+Eu+3S). That was true throughout the competition (most of the time).

Actually Bradie had six uncalled URs.

SP:
3Lz+3T
2A
3F<

FP:
3Lz+3T
2A
3S
2A<
3Lz!+3T<
3F<+2T+2Lo<
3Lo<

But judges also sent her a message that everything will be scrutinized and punished whenever there is a chance. Like getting level 2 step sequence while Wakaba received level 4 or getting 2 UR calls on triples while Bradie got none (her 3F in a combo was quite suspicious). She has to be perfect and she does not have "the luxury" of stupid stumbles. Then she can be quite competitive with the other 4A.

#6 Bradie Tennell (210 - 220) +3

Bradie is the clear #1 in the US team. Moreover, she has 2 powerful programs, she delivers them confidently and somehow all her UR issues are gone in the eyes of tech teams.
I have taken Liza off my list. The judges have "killed" her. Looks like they don't need ladies' figure skating as a continuous Rusnats. We shall see quite soon if Zhenya will be the next one.
I think you shouldn't base your rating on results of one competition with clearly biased TP. Another TP in another competition can easily overturn all your list's placements. In fact it's not even "power" ranking now - it's "judges favoritism" ranking.
If this judging will become a trend in every competition - it will be another thing. Still, maybe (just maybe) there is possibility that it's one time aberration in SA case (and SA was always infamous for specific judging tbh) - and not ISU attempts of making more money on GPF broadcast with more nationals diversity.
Still, if the last is right - you can as easily write off both Medvedeva and Kaori from your list as well. ISU will push Rika and Bradie for sure then - and others except 4A will have little to zero chances as TPs are going to kill them and every competition will turn to farce for everybody except 6 already chosen ones.

readernick

Medalist

SP:
3Lz+3T
2A
3F<

FP:
3Lz+3T
2A
3S
2A<
3Lz!+3T<
3F<+2T+2Lo<
3Lo<

I think you shouldn't base your rating on results of one competition with clearly biased TP. Another TP in another competition can easily overturn all your list's placements. In fact it's not even "power" ranking now - it's "judges favoritism" ranking.
If this judging will become a trend in every competition - it will be another thing. Still, maybe (just maybe) there is possibility that it's one time aberration in SA case (and SA was always infamous for specific judging tbh) - and not ISU attempts of making more money on GPF broadcast with more nationals diversity.

Your posts used to frustrate me, but now they just make me laugh. So, thanks for giving your traditional post competition complaining about the technical panel anytime a non-Russian skater wins a medal post. I had been waiting in expectation. Your list of Bradie's UR jumps is hilarious. I think your were watching a different competition or perhaps wearing special glasses that make it impossible to see when a Russian skater URs jumps but decrease the rotation of jumps of skaters from other countries. It must be fun living in this special universe. I wish I had some glasses that bIocked Daniil's signature leg kick choreo. I look forward to your next conspiracy post after Skate Canada. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Arbitrary

Medalist

SP:
3Lz+3T
2A
3F<

FP:
3Lz+3T
2A
3S
2A<
3Lz!+3T<
3F<+2T+2Lo<
3Lo<

Still, if the last is right - you can as easily write off both Medvedeva and Kaori from your list as well. ISU will push Rika and Bradie for sure then - and others except 4A will have little to zero chances as TPs are going to kill them and every competition will turn to farce for everybody except 6 already chosen ones.

Please, leave Tennell alone. She did everything she could and beyond. It's difficult for her to fight against top youngsters but who knows...

E

eterialskater

Your posts used to frustrate me, but now they just make me laugh. So, thanks for giving your traditional post competition complaining about the technical panel anytime a non-Russian skater wins a medal. I had been waiting in expectation. Your list of Bradie's UR jumps is hilarious. I think your were watching a different competition or perhaps wearing special glasses that make it impossible to see when a Russian skate UR jumps but decreases the rotation of jumps from other countries. It must be fun living in this special universe. I wish I had some glasses that bIocked Daniil's signatute leg kick choreo. I look forward to your next conspiracy post after Skate America. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let's ignore Bradie's URs right while conveniently adding URs to Russian skaters. I think that's the plan.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Anyone remember Jack London's "Burning daylight"?

--------------------------------

"Speaking of deals," he said, "reminds me of a poker game I once seen
in Reno, Nevada. It wa'n't what you-all would call a square game.
They-all was tin-horns that sat in. But they was a
tenderfoot--short-horns they-all are called out there. He stands
behind the dealer and sees that same dealer give hisself four aces
offen the bottom of the deck. The tenderfoot is sure shocked. He
slides around to the player facin' the dealer across the table.

"'Say,' he whispers, 'I seen the dealer deal hisself four aces.'

"'Well, an' what of it?" says the player.

"'I'm tryin' to tell you-all because I thought you-all ought to know,'
says the tenderfoot. 'I tell you-all I seen him deal hisself four
aces.'

"'Say, mister,' says the player, 'you-all'd better get outa here.
You-all don't understand the game. It's his deal, ain't it?'"

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

It is the trend, isn't it? It's funny to hear yet again the choir: "those Russians, they always complain, they are always looking for conspiracies!" The sentiment was popular among some people here in 2014-15. Then it died down and now that 3A have come of age it is flourishing as never before. It is sort of tactics to shift the focus from the analysis of what's going on to the personalities of posters. And the pretext: "hands off Bradie" is just laughable. You can explain them that it is not about Bradie - they won't listen. It is about judges and tech people. And the case is so obvious that to argue with them is same as arguing with people who keep insisting that black is white. I am doing it only for those who are genuinely trying to figure out what's going on.

Liza's tech content is all time strong. She does not deliver it worse than a season ago, moreover, after a period of her so-called "laziness" the last 2 seasons she is poised and committed. For a weaker content than at SA she received 219 last season and 214 this season. And they were not fun competitions where other skaters received fun scores. Now she got 205. Her GOE is low, her levels are down, she gets UR and edge calls that she didn't receive before. She was never a queen of pcs. But even they are down. And it does not happen in vacuum. Yes, Bradie again because it is the whole point. What is Liza famous for? Jumps. Textbook technique, as they call it. Is Bradie famous for jumps? No, up until now she received multiple UR calls in most of the competitions. During SA Liza had one stepout. She had 3 beautiful triple axels. Yet, her combined GOE for jumps is much lower than Bradie's. Full stop. Jumps are only Liza's weapon. It worked before but it misfires now in the eyes of judges. But this has nothing to do with Liza or Bradie. In simple words. Just yesterday judges thought that Liza's jumps are good and Bradie's are no that good. But today they have changed their mind. And no one will convince me that Liza is jumping much worse now and Bradie much better. I just don't see it.

You say that it was a one time situation. We shall see quite soon. But Anna's SP score at Lombardia was the first unpleasant sign. I just hope that if Zhenya skates to her full potential she will be judged at least the way she was judged in Saitama. Orser in Canada is not Mishin in the USA. Oh, no - another "conspiracy theory".

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
This is getting ridiculous.
The same conspiracy nonsense and bashing of Bradie is being copy pasted around multiple threads.
The top threads on the forum are swimming with this, it is everywhere.
Please stop

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
This is getting ridiculous.
The same conspiracy nonsense and bashing of Bradie is being copy pasted around multiple threads.
The top threads on the forum are swimming with this, it is everywhere.
Please stop

On the bright side it looks like Bradie is now enough of a threat for the crazies to run after her and scream "UNDER ROTATION!!!! RAAAAHHH"

I became a fan after last season and thought she was extremely underrated for someone who could perform beautifully and had solid tech. She must be on the up now that the crazies have her on their hit list!

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Waaaaah waaaah Russian ladies are not overscored to heaven waaaaah.

Waaaaah, there is one non-Russian medalist, waaaaah. Couldn't they just rig to for Stasya to medal waaaaaah

lzxnl

Final Flight
It is the trend, isn't it? It's funny to hear yet again the choir: "those Russians, they always complain, they are always looking for conspiracies!" The sentiment was popular among some people here in 2014-15. Then it died down and now that 3A have come of age it is flourishing as never before. It is sort of tactics to shift the focus from the analysis of what's going on to the personalities of posters. And the pretext: "hands off Bradie" is just laughable. You can explain them that it is not about Bradie - they won't listen. It is about judges and tech people. And the case is so obvious that to argue with them is same as arguing with people who keep insisting that black is white. I am doing it only for those who are genuinely trying to figure out what's going on.

Liza's tech content is all time strong. She does not deliver it worse than a season ago, moreover, after a period of her so-called "laziness" the last 2 seasons she is poised and committed. For a weaker content than at SA she received 219 last season and 214 this season. And they were not fun competitions where other skaters received fun scores. Now she got 205. Her GOE is low, her levels are down, she gets UR and edge calls that she didn't receive before. She was never a queen of pcs. But even they are down. And it does not happen in vacuum. Yes, Bradie again because it is the whole point. What is Liza famous for? Jumps. Textbook technique, as they call it. Is Bradie famous for jumps? No, up until now she received multiple UR calls in most of the competitions. During SA Liza had one stepout. She had 3 beautiful triple axels. Yet, her combined GOE for jumps is much lower than Bradie's. Full stop. Jumps are only Liza's weapon. It worked before but it misfires now in the eyes of judges. But this has nothing to do with Liza or Bradie. In simple words. Just yesterday judges thought that Liza's jumps are good and Bradie's are no that good. But today they have changed their mind. And no one will convince me that Liza is jumping much worse now and Bradie much better. I just don't see it.

You say that it was a one time situation. We shall see quite soon. But Anna's SP score at Lombardia was the first unpleasant sign. I just hope that if Zhenya skates to her full potential she will be judged at least the way she was judged in Saitama. Orser in Canada is not Mishin in the USA. Oh, no - another "conspiracy theory".

I would MUCH rather hope Medvedeva not ever be judged the way she was at Saitama. That was a travesty. +2 GOE on a clear inside edge flutz. Nice.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Just as the appreciation of your assiduousness and perseverance.

It is incredibly annoying and unnecessary for this nonsense to be repeatedly spammed in multiple threads, there's no need for it.
We read it the first time in one thread, do you really think it has to be put on repeat?

moriel

Record Breaker
To be fair, I do agree that Bradie had a couple of jumps that were URd and could have been called, as they were as URd as the other jumps that actually got calls. Not just that, but she actually has quite an extensive history of UR calls, so its not like we are nitpicking and she never URd before.

But then, lets be fair. Bradie was skating at home. Plz show me one fed, except for jpnfed, that does not give home advantage for their own skaters at the home GP.

But then again, I don't think it is reasonable to expect that Bradie will get the same treatment everywhere. At another events, judges may chose to blink at different times and overlook different things.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
But then, lets be fair. Bradie was skating at home. Plz show me one fed, except for jpnfed, that does not give home advantage for their own skaters at the home GP.
Home advantage by GOEs/PCS? Yeah, for sure. By ignoring some URs? Yes, it happens too. By ignoring all mistakes while at the same time calling main rivals several hard-to-notice borderline supposedly URed jumps and downgrading two levels on their stepsequences? No, it a first time I've seen the judging this impudent.

But then again, I don't think it is reasonable to expect that Bradie will get the same treatment everywhere. At another events, judges may chose to blink at different times and overlook different things.
We will see who was right soon. Still, it's not only my opinion about such trend in judging. For example, Artur Dmitriev (former Russian known figure skater, Olympic champion and a coach now) think similarly - that judges will be against Trusova in Canada.
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...-intervyu-artura-dmitrieva-starshego-1601766/
Not only I is able to see writing on the wall and add two and two ;)