2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 149 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

kixxxra

Rinkside
Country
Saudi-Arabia
I'm very sad that the a lot people who is hating on alina and daniil are not jojo fans but other skaters fans who finally found something to hate on them and tagging other people to make things worse and bigger

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
- copying the first 20-30 sec of someone's choreography without giving him a credit is not copying/stealing, the skater was just biting his shirt, this is not choreography
- it's not a valuation of the copyright law so you are entitled to get credit for someone else's work, big deal, it's not unethical
- intellectual work, what is that?
- everyone is doing it, big deal

Eastern European mindset at it's finest. And I am Eastern European myself.....

This is not about people having an Eastern European mindset, it's about trying to go above and beyond to defend the said choreographer, even though he recognized his mistake as well (although I doubt that would've happened if he wasn't called out). Thankfully I see more and more people urging others to stray away from Alina since she isn't who they should be upset with.

esteticlove

Final Flight
I'm very sad that the a lot people who is hating on alina and daniil are not jojo fans but other skaters fans who finally found something to hate on them and tagging other people to make things worse and bigger

Ha? Please, be brave enough and call names to the ones who have been hating on Alina? This discussion has (as usual) gone wild, but I think that the posters here kept Alina away from the discussion because we all are aware that she's not the choreographer responsible for her program. We all actually recognize that she's the biggest victim in this situation.

kixxxra

Rinkside
Country
Saudi-Arabia
Ha? Please, be brave enough and call names to the ones who have been hating on Alina? This discussion has (as usual) gone wild, but I think that the posters here kept Alina away from the discussion because we all are aware that she's not the choreographer responsible for her program. We all actually recognize that she's the biggest victim in this situation.
Go to her Instagram and see it

Fluture

Record Breaker
This is not about people having an Eastern European mindset, it's about trying to go above and beyond to defend the said choreographer, even though he recognized his mistake as well (although I doubt that would've happened if he wasn't called out). Thankfully I see more and more people urging others to stray away from Alina since she isn't who they should be upset with.

This.

ruga

Final Flight
- copying the first 20-30 sec of someone's choreography without giving him a credit is not copying/stealing, the skater was just biting his shirt, this is not choreography
- it's not a valuation of the copyright law so you are entitled to get credit for someone else's work, big deal, it's not unethical
- intellectual work, what is that?
- everyone is doing it, big deal

Eastern European mindset at it's finest. And I am Eastern European myself.....

Also:
-The choreography was bad so it doesn't even count
-If no one had told Jojo it wouldn't have been a big deal therefore it's the fault of those who tagged her

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Surely stings to be exposed for the bias you have, like the people here "calling out" other posters when the only thing they are doing is time and time again defend their favourites with the same argument, and that is that everyone is just hating even if it's different people who are posting.

Ah right, and clearly you're not at all biased. :rolleye:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
We aren't hating alina, but yes daniil did something wrong and we can show that as well. And I do not even have to be jojos fan to find what daniil did wrong. The fact is he stole from her choreo without her asking for giving her any credit making it out to be his own original choreo,

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I am not Daniil but I want to apologize as well: sorry for "mexican guys".

As for the case itself, once again "much ado about nothing", some pretext for those on the mission and those who are happy to have an excuse for publishing their stereotypes about Russia, the russians.

As for the first group, I opened Yandex (the main web site in Russia) news reel this morning to see that "the news" is trending together with a coup in Ethiopia and another tension with Georgia when some Russian dude sat in the chair of the head of Georgian head of Parliament having provoked serious unrest with dozens of people injured. Some days ago another news was on the front page of Yandex: the photo of Alina behind the wheel and discussions that she and her parents might be sued as she is below the legal driving age. This does not happen simply because of such a big news value - I don't think that Jojo's complaints are shown on the front page of any big national media site. So, there are big vested interests to keep Eteri and her team "on the hook". And it won't stop no matter how many medals they are going to win. Jealosy, as I said more than once.

As for the second group, whatever...

Once again, I don't say that Gleich did everything right. We all not do everything right every day. I for example rushed yesterday on red because I was in a hurry and there were no approaching cars in the vicinity. This news did not get to the front page of Yandex, though.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Well... I hope at least that Daniil and also all other figure skating choreographers will learn a lesson from this situation. The fact that Alina and also Anna Schsherbakova were publicly attacked on IG from fans of the original choreographer (Anna because she was initially mistaken with Alina) ist just showing how all your effort and struggles over the years and all the medals can be spoiled in a moment by the cockiness of one single person who wanted to shine through your work.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It’s funny to hear about bias from people, who were creating tin foil hat conspiracies about songs being stolen, based on the fact that the skater on 1 second of some interview to some YT channel said she liked the song. Lol.

pearly

Record Breaker
I am not Daniil but I want to apologize as well: sorry for "mexican guys".

As for the case itself, once again "much ado about nothing", some pretext for those on the mission and those who are happy to have an excuse for publishing their stereotypes about Russia, the russians.

As for the first group, I opened Yandex (the main web site in Russia) news reel this morning to see that "the news" is trending together with a coup in Ethiopia and another tension with Georgia when some Russian dude sat in the chair of the head of Georgian head of Parliament having provoked serious unrest with dozens of people injured. Some days ago another news was on the front page of Yandex: the photo of Alina behind the wheel and discussions that she and her parents might be sued as she is below the legal driving age. This does not happen simply because of such a big news value - I don't think that Jojo's complaints are shown on the front page of any big national media site. So, there are big vested interests to keep Eteri and her team "on the hook". And it won't stop no matter how many medals they are going to win. Jealosy, as I said more than once.

As for the second group, whatever...

Once again, I don't say that Gleich did everything right. We all not do everything right every day. I for example rushed yesterday on red because I was in a hurry and there were no approaching cars in the vicinity. This news did not get to the front page of Yandex, though.

You kind of help perpetuate the stereotype by saying stealing someone's work is much ado about nothing.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
You kind of help perpetuate the stereotype by saying stealing someone's work is much ado about nothing.

Not at all. Stealing is bad. I am not sure, though, that stealing is the right word to describe what happened - it is open for discussion like many things - I mentioned "spanish guys", there are multiple dancers who copy Michael Jackson's moves. When it is stealing and when it is not - let's discuss. What is not right - is the hype and hysteria after the case. Especially in Russia - many more people read Yandex than Golden Skate and even Jojo's instagram.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
A lot of skater doing kpop choreography in there skating and no one ever talked about it

Can you provide some examples? I'm genuinely interested because I can't think of any.

That's in fact sad but as I previously said there's black sheep everywhere. Happens to many skaters on a smaller or larger scale and none of them deserve this.

It’s funny to hear about bias from people, who were creating tin foil hat conspiracies about songs being stolen, based on the fact that the skater on 1 second of some interview to some YT channel said she liked the song. Lol.

Apart from the fact that there was more evidence that "the skater" planned to use this song for an EX she tried to cope with the disappointment with humour while obviously some "fans" had to make a bigger deal out of it than it was (I didn't even comment on it back then because it didn't seem like a big deal to me, "the skater" didn't officially announce it so it's bad luck that someone else was quicker) and proceeded to attack "the skater" because apparently she ruined "the other skaters'" birthday and is trying to ruin the program for her. How is this an acceptable behaviour from the fans?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Apart from the fact that there was more evidence that "the skater" planned to use this song for an EX she tried to cope with the disappointment with humour while obviously some "fans" had to make a bigger deal out of it than it was (I didn't even comment on it back then because it didn't seem like a big deal to me, "the skater" didn't officially announce it so it's bad luck that someone else was quicker) and proceeded to attack "the skater" because apparently she ruined "the other skaters'" birthday and is trying to ruin the program for her. How is this an acceptable behaviour from the fans?

You calling that “coping with disappointment” and not for what is actually was is clearly very unbiased.
Yeah, right „evidence“... anyways, I don’t really want to back to the old drama, just saying, some people here were especially creative when creating their conspiracy theories.

Btw, I actually defended her, saying, I can understand where she came from (even made an analogy, that it’s like when your ex does something, and you think it was about you) and that she probably acted on an impulse without thinking twice, but that was not making it right nevertheless.
And I did the same thing here btw, I tried to explain why I think Daniil didn’t think it was a big deal, but that’s not making it right anyways.

pearly

Record Breaker
Not at all. Stealing is bad. I am not sure, though, that stealing is the right word to describe what happened - it is open for discussion like many things - I mentioned "spanish guys", there are multiple dancers who copy Michael Jackson's moves. When it is stealing and when it is not - let's discuss. What is not right - is the hype and hysteria after the case. Especially in Russia - many more people read Yandex than Golden Skate and even Jojo's instagram.

We can call it stealing, copying, borrowing or paying tribute - all without naming or crediting the original artist. The hype and hysteria may be happening on Instagram. Here it has turned into a discussion between people who see something questionable about what's happened and those who have offered truly creative examples and comparisons to make it seem like what Daniil did was perfectly normal. And then several of us noticed a pattern.

katymay

Medalist
I have a question, and although the admins of the site might move it: here goes:

In Russia, do legal protections exist for the money a minor (under 18 or under 21) earns via endorsements? (E.G. Adidas etc.) In other words, is it held in a special trust account until they reach the age of majority?