2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 641 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
That's nice for the Russian Federation to reward Moscow Masha but when did they ever do that for St. Petersburg Liza who won the World Championship? Remember worlds last year? These decisions are made for Moscow skaters made by Moscow Federation people.

Does anyone know what the first second and third-place finishes were in Sochi?

I reported yesterday.

1 Daria USACHEVA
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", office "Crystal" 212.78 1 1
2 Elizabeth BERESTOVSKAYA
Moscow CSKA of sshor of them. S. A. Zhuka 199.76 2 3
3 Kamila SULTANMAGOMEDOV
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", branch "KONEK Tchaikovsky" 190.12 4 4
4 nick RYABININ
Moscow CSKA of sshor of them. S. A. Zhuka 189.67 3 5
5 Maya Khromyih
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", office "Crystal" 189.59 9 2
6 Varvara KISSEL
Krasnodar region, FC PSC 184.53 5 6
7 Camilla NELYUBOVA
Krasnodar region, PSC on FC 179.88 8 7
8 Valeria OVCHINNIKOVA
St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Star ice" 170.64 14 8
9 Stanislav MOLCHANOV
Krasnodar Krai, SH on FC and X 169.94 6 10
10 Maria DMITRIEVA
St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Star ice" 168.26 10 9
Berestovskaya tried 4T, Dmitrieva tried 3A

1 Xenia TSIBENOVA
Moscow CSKA of sshor of them. S. A. Zhuka 203.83 3 1
2 Anastasia GUBANOVA
St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg SSHOR 197.09 2 2
3 Anastasia GULYAKOVA
St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Star ice" 192.87 1 3
4 Ksenia MIKRYUKOVA
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", branch "KONEK Tchaikovsky" 167.16 4 4
5 Alina SHEVCHENKO
Krasnodar region, FC 159.15 5 5
6 Amalia BELOUSOVA
Perm region, SSHOR "Orlyonok" 152.98 9 6
7 Mary KOSTENEC
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", branch "KONEK Tchaikovsky" 151.12 6 7
8 Alina FENCE
Krasnodar region, PSC on FC 150.36 7 8
9 Yana MITINA
Rostov region, SSHOR No. 6 139.45 8 10
10 Sofia MITINA
Moscow region, MBUS "Odintsovo" 138.37 12 9
11 Polina RODINA
Perm region, SSHOR "Orlyonok" 134.32 10 11
12 Daria OKLADNIKOVA
Krasnoyarsk region, SSHOR "Dawn" 130.83 11 12
13 Valeria STASZCZUK
Krasnoyarsk territory, in the LAN of sshor of 92.76 13

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_EGl4pR5t8 , perhaps there are auto generated subtitles in the language of your choice? I am not going to bother myself with this Rodina person.

I don’t even have to watch, I just know she’s going to ask her about Alina and Eteri, try to get something controversial, Rodina does that with every single person she interviews, regardless whether they have any relation to the above.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
That's nice for the Russian Federation to reward Moscow Masha but when did they ever do that for St. Petersburg Liza who won the World Championship? Remember worlds last year? These decisions are made for Moscow skaters made by Moscow Federation people.

Remember that our was three. This is due to Mary. Medvedeva is untouchable. She was untouchable.

IcyMathStats

Rinkside
Country
United-States
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_EGl4pR5t8 , perhaps there are auto generated subtitles in the language of your choice? I am not going to bother myself with this Rodina person.

Thanks, Edwin. I tried the autogenerated translation into English, but that does not seem to produce coherent, intelligible -- let alone grammatically and syntactically correct sentences in English. I only understand isolated words and phrases in Russian such as "short program", "long program", jump names. I'll see how far I can get in figuring out what was said. I get the overall impression of a devious journalist trying to bait a gullible teenager into making controversial statements.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
That initial comment was made by a poster who loves to trash Alina. Just ignore and don’t feed the trolls 👍

Too many of them, sorry. I am personally more or less successful ignoring those posts and posters. But sometimes it is just important to offer the alternative opinion on Russian ladies.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks, Edwin. I tried the autogenerated translation into English, but that does not seem to produce coherent, intelligible -- let alone grammatically and syntactically correct sentences in English. I only understand isolated words and phrases in Russian such as "short program", "long program", jump names. I'll see how far I can get in figuring out what was said. I get the overall impression of a devious journalist trying to bait a gullible teenager into making controversial statements.

You got it mostly right, apart from the journalist part, that's too much to describe Rodina.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

Sorry, I cannot agree with the comparison. It was a very tricky situation last season. I also think that Liza was better than Zhenya at CoR and from the sports perspective she had to go the worlds. But it was a lose-lose situation. She had impressed the public with her "flight attendant routine" - it was all over media. But she immediately got pneumonia and had to miss Rusnats. I am sure that the way she had been progressing, the scores that she had received before pneumonia would have made her an obvious team member together with Alina. It did not happen and if after she missed half of the season she would go and Medvedeva would sit at home it would be also a scandal.

With Masha we talking about a GP event that she earned fair and square not cutting anyone.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Too many of them, sorry. I am personally more or less successful ignoring those posts and posters. But sometimes it is just important to offer the alternative opinion on Russian ladies.

I agree, 100%

It's perfectly fine to not like a particular skater, but trashing them is going too far.
I have no issue with anyone who can rationally discuss why they're not a fan of someone, without resorting to trashing them repeatedly

IcyMathStats

Rinkside
Country
United-States
You got it mostly right, apart from the journalist part, that's too much to describe Rodina.

What are the potentially career-ending statements that Panenkova made? Granted, as a matter of principle her parents shouldn't allow her to give interviews to someone who has such an unsavory reputation as this Rodina person, but she seemed to be positive about everyone she was asked about (Samarin, Alina, Alyona, Mariah, Anna S, Sasha T, Moris K, Rika K). Rodina tried to bait her into stating that Alina also has cravings for sweets, and she responded something along the lines "I don't know about Alina, I can only speak for myself"? That US girls have lower base value and fewer transitions in their programs is an objective fact also reflected in the protocols, so this shouldn't be controversial? It's simple math. Did I miss anything?

Pantsu

On the Ice
I'm convinced that overall judging of Tutberidze girls was fair across events. The only problem i had was that "e" call on Alina's Lz. The tech panel ignored the obvious UR on Alena's 3A in the free. Looks like they wanted to correct that UR call from her sp. If they really wanted to put Mariah in the second place they could ignore her UR on the Lz, like they did in the short
In most cases it was like that. If Rika doesn't get URs then Sasha gets none too, in the end it all evens out. And i thought Bradie at SA was quite good.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I'm convinced that overall judging of Tutberidze girls was fair across events. The only problem i had was that "e" call on Alina's Lz. The tech panel ignored the obvious UR on Alena's 3A in the free. Looks like they wanted to correct that UR call from her sp. If they really wanted to put Mariah in the second place they could ignore her UR on the Lz, like they did in the short
In most cases it was like that. If Rika doesn't get URs then Sasha gets none too, in the end it all evens out. And i thought Bradie at SA was quite good.

I think Alena's first 3A looked good enough that it simply wasn't reviewed at all. In the short, her landing was a little wild.

Alina's lutzes were undoubtedly !
The SP e was harsh.

Giltedge

Final Flight
For those of you who haven't seen Nugumanova yet this season. Here's her SP from Russian Cup Stage 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAS3bfG9qto

I just love her. She's quite a performer and has one of the best spins in the business. I'm glad we will see her at RusNats.

We'll have an opportunity to see Liza N in action at the CS Warsaw CUP, 14th-17th November.

Also of interest there, Serafima S, Vika Safonova (now repr. B'rus), Katya Kurakova (now repr. Poland).
Bradie T will be there too. Others skating well recently too, Alessia Tornaghi It., Lucrezia Beccari It., Ivett Toth Hun.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I reported yesterday.

1 Daria USACHEVA
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", office "Crystal" 212.78 1 1
2 Elizabeth BERESTOVSKAYA
Moscow CSKA of sshor of them. S. A. Zhuka 199.76 2 3
3 Kamila SULTANMAGOMEDOV
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", branch "KONEK Tchaikovsky" 190.12 4 4
4 nick RYABININ
Moscow CSKA of sshor of them. S. A. Zhuka 189.67 3 5
5 Maya Khromyih
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", office "Crystal" 189.59 9 2
6 Varvara KISSEL
Krasnodar region, FC PSC 184.53 5 6
7 Camilla NELYUBOVA
Krasnodar region, PSC on FC 179.88 8 7
8 Valeria OVCHINNIKOVA
St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Star ice" 170.64 14 8
9 Stanislav MOLCHANOV
Krasnodar Krai, SH on FC and X 169.94 6 10
10 Maria DMITRIEVA
St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Star ice" 168.26 10 9
Berestovskaya tried 4T, Dmitrieva tried 3A

1 Xenia TSIBENOVA
Moscow CSKA of sshor of them. S. A. Zhuka 203.83 3 1
2 Anastasia GUBANOVA
St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg SSHOR 197.09 2 2
3 Anastasia GULYAKOVA
St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Star ice" 192.87 1 3
4 Ksenia MIKRYUKOVA
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", branch "KONEK Tchaikovsky" 167.16 4 4
5 Alina SHEVCHENKO
Krasnodar region, FC 159.15 5 5
6 Amalia BELOUSOVA
Perm region, SSHOR "Orlyonok" 152.98 9 6
7 Mary KOSTENEC
Moscow, TSO "Sambo-70", branch "KONEK Tchaikovsky" 151.12 6 7
8 Alina FENCE
Krasnodar region, PSC on FC 150.36 7 8
9 Yana MITINA
Rostov region, SSHOR No. 6 139.45 8 10
10 Sofia MITINA
Moscow region, MBUS "Odintsovo" 138.37 12 9
11 Polina RODINA
Perm region, SSHOR "Orlyonok" 134.32 10 11
12 Daria OKLADNIKOVA
Krasnoyarsk region, SSHOR "Dawn" 130.83 11 12
13 Valeria STASZCZUK
Krasnoyarsk territory, in the LAN of sshor of 92.76 13
Thank you Nord.

Thank you JontoR for posting that videp Of Nugumanova. She is a gem where's the best spins and hopefully the Rusfed still has hope for her.

Giltedge

Final Flight
A forthcoming opportunity to watch

Kseniia Tsibinova and Anastasiia Gulyakova in action,

at this years Tallinn Trophy (not CS this year).

Anastasiia Shabotova is not listed but may be there (repr. Ukr.)

11th to 17th November (Ladies SP 13th, Ladies FS 14th provisional)

Scott512

Record Breaker
What are the potentially career-ending statements that Panenkova made? Granted, as a matter of principle her parents shouldn't allow her to give interviews to someone who has such an unsavory reputation as this Rodina person, but she seemed to be positive about everyone she was asked about (Samarin, Alina, Alyona, Mariah, Anna S, Sasha T, Moris K, Rika K). Rodina tried to bait her into stating that Alina also has cravings for sweets, and she responded something along the lines "I don't know about Alina, I can only speak for myself"? That US girls have lower base value and fewer transitions in their programs is an objective fact also reflected in the protocols, so this shouldn't be controversial? It's simple math. Did I miss anything?

Intrviews with Rodina can be tricky. I hope Dasha is not done.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Being honest about the 3F!, I couldn't really tell but I can see how it could possibly have been called unclear. Unlike Alina for example where she holds the edge, Aliona goes into it very quickly before jumping so it's possible for that mistake to happen. It's harder to tell the edge of a flip compared to lutz in my view so I can't just say no it's definitely the correct edge even if I want to. And I do want to.

Amei

Record Breaker
Lolllll! Bell richly deserve the bronze and got it.

Mariah is over 6 years older than Alina! Congrats to Bell for sticking it out in her career and becoming really good. I kind of used to think of her as a journey woman figure skater. She's hung in there and gotten better. But Mariah is older than Liza. ;)

I love Mariah, she's my favorite US skater but she's been able to hang around the top because ladies figure skating in the US is not that deep - I believe last year she didn't attempt a 3-3. It's important to note with Mariah that she did not start competing on the senior circuit till she was 18, so she's not been on the circuit that long.

I hope Alina isn’t too disappointed after this weekend. She is basically going through what Evgenia went through the year Alina became a senior. She needs to find the confidence in her own skating irregardless of what other skaters do.

I don't think Zagitova has an issue with confidence in her own skating, quite the opposite at this point is my impression; she's been training along side Kostornaia/Trusova/Shcherbakova and knew what they were coming into the senior circuit with and she's not even backloading her combinations for the extra bonus points. From a TES perspective she's skating the weakest programs of her senior career in a time when her counterparts are increasing their difficulty; I don't think you do that if you don't have confidence in your skating. It will be interesting to see (assuming everyone's clean at Nationals) if she's given a spot to Europeans/Worlds over someone with more difficult content; additionally it will be interesting to see if she doesn't get a spot to Europeans/Worlds then what happens then with her competitive plans.

IcyMathStats

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Intrviews with Rodina can be tricky. I hope Dasha is not done.

She would be well-advised to avoid such public/media appearances, focus on her recovery from the injuries, and build a strategy for her comeback. Her jumps aren't muscled or reliant on low weight, she jumps from her legs, and she looked very promising a couple of seasons ago. Has she found a suitable coach? Tsareva is a dead-end road, I'm afraid. She was mostly self-coaching last year, like poor Shoma this season.