2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 720 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
And now you’re grasping at straws. That’s not a bash at all, and if you’re a fan of her then you’d truly see that she does have weaknesses and her team needs to address them. The judges are letting her team know based on her scoring. Any fan of skating knows. Again, that’s not a personal bash of a skater. You may need to take a break from skating and message boards if you take things so personally. Nobody said her win wasn’t correct.

And the best advice for yourself is your own ;)

Decoder

On the Ice
And now you’re grasping at straws. That’s not a bash at all, and if you’re a fan of her then you’d truly see that she does have weaknesses and her team needs to address them. The judges are letting her team know based on her scoring. Any fan of skating knows. Again, that’s not a personal bash of a skater. You may need to take a break from skating and message boards if you take things so personally. Nobody said her win wasn’t correct.

Looks like you are the original poster? Skaters tried their best to put a good program to entertain us, and Anna's costume change gives such a wow effect to our delight. Somehow you relate it to "hiding weakness". Is there any sincerity or logic here? This has nothing to do with liking a particular skater or not. This is about some basic decency from us, the audiences. I appreciate and respect all skaters and their hard work.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Every coach would die for just a few of the talented skaters that she is coaching.

The thing is, some of these incredible skaters have been rejected by other coaches before being accepted to Eteri. I think it’s probably her biggest talent as a coach to see those “diamonds in the rough”. I think this was a story of Alina and Aliona, if I’m not wrong.
Another good example is Maiia.
Quite a few people said Maiia is the “less talented” girl than Kamila and Daria, or that Eteri would “dismiss her” in 0,5 a year. She was not very consistent, seemed to be nervous, the jumps weren’t looking as confident.
All those people failed to see Maiia’s talents, while Eteri managed to, and there we go, Maiia landed a 4S.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Nobody said Anna or other girls from Eteri are absolutely perfect and have no weaknesses, but I doubt there are other skaters that would be subjected to such nitpicking scrutiny for every trifle like them.

micks

Rinkside
New Interview with Orser in Sport Express Newspaper

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...oy-na-chempionat-rossii-1611544/?daysBefore=7

- What goals will you set for yourself and Eugenia at the championship of Russia?

“We will just continue what we do.” I would be glad to see the same skating from Zhenya in Krasnoyarsk as here - in short and free programs. It would be wonderful, and most importantly - it is in our power.

Of course, it would be nice if she could immediately get to the national team, and we would not have to try to qualify through any other tournament, as it was last season. Although it is wonderful, she got a second chance and took advantage of it. But I do not think that we will be aiming at any particular place.

It seems that 3A ( Aleksandr Lakernik, Aleksandr Kogan and Aleksandr Gorshkov) are preparing a new scandal.

There will be something to talk about))))))

Why do you write lie / change the meaning of what was said?

- What goals will you set for yourself and Yevgeniya at the Championship of Russia?

He said: Of course, it would be nice if she managed to immediately qualify for the national team (after Rus Champ <- my explanation), and we would not have to try to qualify through any other tournament, as it was last season. (Google translate)

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

- What goals will you set for yourself and Yevgeniya at the Championship of Russia?

He said: Of course, it would be nice if she managed to immediately qualify for the national team (after Rus Champ <- my explanation), and we would not have to try to qualify through any other tournament, as it was last season. (Google translate)

That is what I thought when I read it, that he hopes she makes the team with at Nationals itself this time

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty

Yes, and in the same sentence he immediately says .... и нам не пришлось бы пытаться квалифицироваться через какой-то другой турнир, как это было в прошлом сезоне. and we would not have to try to qualify through any other tournament, as it was last season.

What is the lie? I brought Google translation of his interview and gave a link to it.

Are you out of your mind?

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Yes, he hopes, but he is ready to do as he did last year. What's wrong ?

Yes, because all athletes who do not make the team initially at Russian Nationals, or if changes need to be made after Euros, they will all try to fight later in the season, shall an opportunity comes up. Just as Liza, Evgenia, and Stasya did last season. This is not controversial.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If you want to complain about other users or moderators then use the feedback forum or report their posts with an explanation as to why you think their conduct breaks the rules. This thread is about Russian Lady Skaters. Is the user a Russian Lady Skater?

Accusing users of the forum of being bribed or payed for something in anything other than a joking/friendly way (usually between two users who actually talk to each other often and are on friendly terms) will result in your posts being moderated. Calling out other users will result in your posts being moderated. Being out and out rude to anyone especially someone who works hard to keep this place as civil as possible will result in your posts being moderated. You have no idea how much effort the user you so blithely accused of being corrupt puts into this forum. Literally hours of actual work around here dealing with complaints and problems. Have an issue with how the board is moderated? Use the feedback forum. PM the owner of the site.

To those of you who just piled on with your likes. Well.. Bless your hearts. Seriously. I can only imagine how easy it is just to post whatever you want and then accuse others of censorship or bipartisanship. Maybe some of you could consider how difficult, at times, this board is to moderate with users of vastly different ages, different political opinions, different nationalities, and language barriers while trying to be balanced. You could try thinking to yourselves before you post something you know is inflammatory and unpleasant "Gee.. I wonder who is going to have clean up this mess after I've had my say and upset a bunch of people".

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
You know, you‘re right, I for example can‘t understand why there would be any negativity whatsoever towards her. So far she has done her country proud with every single decision she’s made. I think any country would be proud as well to have such an amazing athlete represent them. But she is Russian and she loves her country.

I personally support Evgeniya in her endeavours. I would lie, though, if I said that it's the same as it was before. Three things:

1. Her performance during CoR was the closest she could get to "previous Zhenya". It still could not give me the same shivers as her 2016 - 2017 programs did. But she is almost there, finally. What was since she started to work with Orser was "no, that's not it" for me.

2. It has nothing to do with Zhenya - it has do with her non-Russian fans. Somehow, most of those who comment on her now see only positive things as soon as she moved to Canada. It is a striking contrast to what was before that. Medvedeva's senior triumph was hinted first during Russian test skates in 2015. I digged the respective thread and found my comment:

"Outside Medvedeva (who is amazing) no one seems ready among the ladies".

After my post the following comments came, just the first five:

"She's probably just not my cup of tea. The SP is pretty bland and I don't really remember anything about it right now. The LP is better, but I don't like how slow she is (which so far she was in competitions too, so I don't think it's a test skate thing). For some reason, her fast arm movements, despite being rather nice themselves, make her lacking speed even more glaring to me".

"She's a nice skater, but she skates like a hybrid of Anna (jumps, lacking emotion) and Elena (arm flailing). Program was boring as tar. She has nice jumps and spins, but she really doesn't excite me. I hate to say it, because Evgenia seems like a great kid, but I don't see anything great about this program. However, she has all the tech, so hopefully the artistic side will come".

Cannot say the same about Evgenia, a skater I've never enjoyed as much as others have. Her program is nice, but a little boring. As for her skating, she's quite slow and her program lacks flow, something which is very noticeable when watching her live".

"Not the big fun of other girls, so, I just don't comment on them".

"Medvedeva: technically most prepared among Russian ladies. Artistically, her programs do not impress me at all, same as last season With her edge call problem of Lutz, this season might be a tough one for her. But if she keeps nailing her jumps competition after competition, she can certainly be a wild-card".

And that was the beginning of the season when she won everything but CoR where she lost only to Radionova.

3. Zhenya herself says things that I am not very comfortable with. Like in her latest interview she says that after the Olympics she had only 2 choices: retire or move out of Russia. This basically implies that Eteri gave up on her immediately after the games. I remember how embarassed Eteri looked, how Daniil was the only person who openly rejoiced after Alina's win. Therefore, this implied accusation does not go well with me. And there are other examples when I think that even if she believes in it it would be better if she did not share her beliefs with the world.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Yes, because all athletes who do not make the team initially at Russian Nationals, or if changes need to be made after Euros, they will all try to fight later in the season, shall an opportunity comes up. Just as Liza, Evgenia, and Stasya did last season. This is not controversial.

Actually, that’s not quite accurate.
Final of the cup Russia was never meant to be the competition to replace the person who doesn’t do well at Euros.
Final of the cup Russia was never meant to be a qualifying championship for any events, it was meant to looks at the skaters who are in the russian reserve team, those like Gubanova and Konstantinova this year.
Liza was named the first substitute, in previous years it would mean she would go without having to skate another competition. Not last year though.

Zagorski/Gurreiro didn’t make it to the team, although their conditions were pretty much identical to Medvedeva: they won FCR while Sinitsina/Kasalapov placed 4th at Euros.
Lazukin also won FCR, and wasn’t named to the team even when Kolyada and Kovtun failed.
How so?
So yeah, it is definitely not something „normal“ to be done, and it was a somewhat questionable decision from the federation.

micks

Rinkside

Because it depends on how the skaters perform at the European Championships. If it's bad as in the last championship then they can conduct a selection at the Cup Final. I remind you that not only Medvedeva, but Tuktamysheva was participated in the selection at the Cup Final also, she was not qualified at the national championship.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty

I do not argue with that.

Many in Russia were not dissatisfied with this competition, many people were dissatisfied with the judges. They believe that Zhenya’s grades were overstated, and Lisa’s grades (not just Lisa) were underestimated. They see this as corruption and unequal conditions for all athletes.

The final result was very close. Both fell once. Lisa's BV was higher, components and GOE lower. For example, Lisa’s Lz was rated lower than Zhenya"s.

1. Evgenia Medvedeva - 222.90
2. Elizabeth Tuktamysheva - 221.19
3. Victoria Vasilieva - 208.75
4. Stanislav Konstantinova - 206.67
5. Anastasia Gubanova - 206.22
6. Anna Tarusina - 205.27
7. Anastasia Gracheva - 191.45
8. Maria Talalaykina - 190.94
9. Anastasia Gulyakova - 189.40
10. Elizabeth Nugumanova - 184.03
11. Serafima Sakhanovich - 179.57
12. Alena Leonova - 171.29

skatingfan200

Medalist

Nothing was wrong last year, one have to read Gorshkov (Rusfed) interviews. To lazy to write everything again but it was already discussed here.
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?83026-Tuktamysheva-s-scores/page18

This season there will be likely a quali competiton(like last season) since the Rusfed has more than 3 girls who can score high. I guess we have to wait until December what the criteria are for Worlds quali (like last year).
Final of the cup Russia was never meant to be the competition to replace the person who doesn’t do well at Euros.
The rules changed last season(was published on the homepage of the Rusfed last December). The previous seasons it was more clear since they had no more girls who could achieve high results.

https://teamrussia.pro/news/novosti/aleksandr-gorshkov-sostav-na-chempionat-mira-opredelitsya-posle-kubka-rossii-zagitova-samodurova-tukatmysheva-kto-poedet-na-chempionat-mira-2019/

Scott512

Record Breaker
If you want to complain about other users or moderators then use the feedback forum or report their posts with an explanation as to why you think their conduct breaks the rules. This thread is about Russian Lady Skaters. Is the user a Russian Lady Skater?

Accusing users of the forum of being bribed or payed for something in anything other than a joking/friendly way (usually between two users who actually talk to each other often and are on friendly terms) will result in your posts being moderated. Calling out other users will result in your posts being moderated. Being out and out rude to anyone especially someone who works hard to keep this place as civil as possible will result in your posts being moderated. You have no idea how much effort the user you so blithely accused of being corrupt puts into this forum. Literally hours of actual work around here dealing with complaints and problems. Have an issue with how the board is moderated? Use the feedback forum. PM the owner of the site.

To those of you who just piled on with your likes. Well.. Bless your hearts. Seriously. I can only imagine how easy it is just to post whatever you want and then accuse others of censorship or bipartisanship. Maybe some of you could consider how difficult, at times, this board is to moderate with users of vastly different ages, different political opinions, different nationalities, and language barriers while trying to be balanced. You could try thinking to yourselves before you post something you know is inflammatory and unpleasant "Gee.. I wonder who is going to have clean up this mess after I've had my say and upset a bunch of people".

If by moderated you mean deleted I understand. ;)

This is never going to be a perfect place and posters feelings are going to get hurt from time to time for whatever reasons. That's really never going to change. But I don't like seeing posters getting so upset that they leave or delete their account like Georgya apparently did. This should not be a place where people get so upset that their day is ruined by it are there life is negatively affected by it.

I am looking forward to what happens in the next Grand Prix event and see if 6 for 6 is going to happen. History is being made that may never be duplicated.

micks

Rinkside
And there are other examples when I think that even if she believes in it it would be better if she did not share her beliefs with the world.
Firstly, I think she knows a lot more about the situation than we do. Secondly, everyone can talk about their experiences and only she can not talk about it?

P.S. I don't like when people look for negative subtext, especially when it’s not there.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
If you want to complain about other users or moderators then use the feedback forum or report their posts with an explanation as to why you think their conduct breaks the rules. This thread is about Russian Lady Skaters. If the user a Russian Lady Skater?

Once you posted it here, I have to admit that mods have a very difficult job trying to find the right balance between confronting factions without adhering to any of those. The only thing that I would say is that you like "Cezar's wife" have to be beyond any suspicion. It's not self explanatory because it's an American site, the owners and mods are Westerners. That's why you are "under suspicion" per se. And when certain things happen like multiple posts about "Sochi scandal", "collusion", etc. which were not immediately deleted as they appeared and may be are still in archives. When there are sarcastic posts by a well respected by me moderator "There ya' go, Alexander. It worked!" on the one hand and when my idea that ISU does not want to have 6 Russian ladies at GPF that's why measures were taken in the form of West only TP compositions with some unusual decisions taken was labeled as conspiracy theory with the accompanying disciplinary follow-ups on the other hand. When this happen, you should not be surprised that at least some people would not be happy.

micks

Rinkside
They see this as corruption and unequal conditions for all athletes.

For example, Lisa’s Lz was rated lower than Zhenya"s.
I hope that these people also see corruption when Kostornaya's lutz or Sherbakova's lutz get a higher scores than Tuktamysheva's lutz. :)