2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 785 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Well, Eteri doesn't possess a magic, Eteri is the magic. Zero quads against four ultra-c elements, not the best result after SP and still victory. Congrats to Kamila.

With a little help from those ultra-c elements not being clean and Kamila not risking all by leaving out hers.

Very smart!

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Meanwhile in Zagreb

1. Tuktamysheva 221.15 (free score 148.29 !!! I wonder if there was a quad in there??):yahoo:
2. Safonova 192.49 (great score, moves her into the SB24 list)
3. Schott 182.71
4. Samodurova 180.61

Can't wait to see the protocols for this!

EDIT: No quad, but great skate by Liza nevertheless! New SB by 7 points.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
With a little help from those ultra-c elements not being clean and Kamila not risking all by leaving out hers.

Very smart!

Of course, but that's the bussiness. Remember last JGPF, it was practically the same situation when Aliona won over Sasha.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
btw, this marks 10th win in a row for russian junior ladies at GPF, and 7th GPF win in junior ladies for Team Tuberidze. and 6 years in a row!

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Wish I could have seen Golden Spin FS!!! ARGH!!

Soooooo happy for Liza, she's not to be counted out just yet. Am very glad she returned to last seasons program, it seems to have made a huge difference! It's a masterpiece compared to the new program she was using until switching at Cup of China.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Meanwhile in Zagreb

1. Tuktamysheva 221.15 (free score 148.29 !!! I wonder if there was a quad in there??):yahoo:
2. Safonova 192.49 (great score, moves her into the SB24 list)
3. Schott 182.71
4. Samodurova 180.61

Can't wait to see the protocols for this!

EDIT: No quad, but great skate by Liza nevertheless! New SB by 7 points.

And Samodurova? What happened to Sof'ya? This won't add to her confidence or reputation ...

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
What a competition for the juniors!

Congrats to Kamila on a well-deserved win. I'm American, so of course I love Alysa and am very excited about her potential, but the execution just wasn't there today. Kamila was flawless and beautiful and her win was absolutely deserved. I think this was her best performance of this free skate so far this season. Without the stress of the quads, she was able to relax and skate so freely, it was a joy to watch!

Oh Daria. I've really fallen in love with her skating at this Final, but I just have a feeling that she's going to constantly break my heart with all these second-half mistakes. It's just a shame because the first half of the program was GORGEOUS. Hoping she can rebound for Junior Nationals and hopefully Junior Worlds!

Kseniia and Viktoria both did a great job as well, albeit with small errors from both. Kseniia seemed a little underscored in PCS to me, but it wasn't her best performance either. I also thought that her free skate score should've been higher than Daria's given the errors of both, but it is what it is.

Can't wait to see the seniors later! I won't be able to watch live unfortunately, but hoping for clean performances from all 6 ladies here!

karina17

Final Flight
And Samodurova? What happened to Sof'ya? This won't add to her confidence or reputation ...

She got a 121 here which put her third in the free, but the short program score had her in fourth overall.

In the free she underrotated both her 3Ts and lost a level on a spin and her step sequence. She also seems to be missing one double jump.

She got mostly -1 to +2 GOE. Not much more and not much less.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

121 in the FS 62+TES and PCS was 58+ I think...not looking at the results as I type so might not be correct.
Probably a few URs in there.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Kamila!!!! I'm so happy for Kamila. When she showed up with no quad, I thought that her chances of first were over. Seeing her smile when she saw the result.... she just looked so happy! I think thats the happiest I've seen her. And it couldn't have been easy to come back from that injury, or to come into the free skate in fourth place, knowing that she didn't have the upper hand. I'm actually kind of glad that she's too young to compete in senior nats this year, only because I don't know the state of her injury and I'm glad that she has a lot of time before junior nats/worlds to recover and to regain her quad.

And congratulations to Daria too! Not the skate she can do/was hoping for, but a medal surely is great for her. She looked happy after seeing the scores. Its too bad about the mistakes, she really seems to have a problem with nerves because we've seen that she can do these jumps no problem.

And Sinitsyna, she also did so well. Its really too bad about the UR, because I feel like her score would've been so high without it. I do think she deserved a medal here, not that Daria didn't, but I feel bad for Sinitsyna not getting one. But I'm so hoping that she'll get to go to Youth Olympics and get a medal if not the title there. After so many good skates, beautiful skating skills, lovely jumps, and exquisite spins, she really deserves a major medal. And maybe we'll see the triple axel soon?

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Read a comment about Daria on instagram, thought it expressed my thoughts on her way better than I could:
"her face expresses a romantic sadness, and it's hard to take your eyes off her facial expressions when she skates, she's aerial and emotional"

a lot of people seem to compare Daria to Evgenia and Polina T.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Her reputation seems gone now, scores got lower by dozens of points even for performances on the level of last season.

I hope she starts to work on 3a, sooner rather than later, even posting some attempt on instagram, just to set the tone that she wants to stay in the conversation.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Read a comment about Daria on instagram, thought it expressed my thoughts on her way better than I could:
"her face expresses a romantic sadness, and it's hard to take your eyes off her facial expressions when she skates, she's aerial and emotional"

a lot of people seem to compare Daria to Evgenia and Polina T.

Daria always reminds me of the Averina sisters :D

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kamila just sat through the compulsory ISU press conference with the winners.

She refused to answer to a question into her injury :) She asked the interpreter from FFKKR for advice and stuck to her refusal. #TeamTutberidzeForProgress instructed her well also.

We may not like this, but I think it is a sign of maturity and command over the situation to stay firm on certain touchy subjects. Otherwise, there were lots of giggles from Kamila. She doesn't seem to like press conferences, but once she got talking, she talks swift and expresses herself quite well I thought. There isn't really that much depth in most sports, nor are there secrets, including in figure skating. Work, work, work, fall and get up again, never give up and learn from every mistake on all occasions.

RE. Dar'ya and her music choices - I like them, a bright girl that choses serious music and expresses herself with a serious face, skating her images out with full conviction. Again I sense a gender and cultural bias against certain music choices that keeps appearing here and on Reddit, always voiced by what to me seem the same kind of people.

I just imagine Dar'ya as a girl that reads Bronte and other serious novels on love overcoming all misery and the power of life in times of hardship and despair and feels empowered by it.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Her reputation seems gone now, scores got lower by dozens of points even for performances on the level of last season.

I hope she starts to work on 3a, sooner rather than later, even posting some attempt on instagram, just to set the tone that she wants to stay in the conversation.

She's not on the same level though, she's struggling with puberty, her small jumps are even smaller and she's plagued by underrotations. That's just the tech side.
PCS wise, she's lacking a lot of the sass she had last season, possibly because she's struggling with the jumps and focused on trying to get them around.
She's in a slump and I do agree the judges are being harsh on her but being realistic here, she's not comfortable in her new body yet, and it shows in her jumps, her confidence and her performance.
I like Sofia very much though and would love to see her fight back to her best.