2019 European Championships Ladies Short Program | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Ladies Short Program

Orlov

Medalist
I had this dissatisfied feeling I was trying to place, and then I realized that it doesn't seem right to not have Medvedeva there. [emoji20] I miss her.

Luzhnetskaya emb., 8, p. 1, Moscow - it's address of FFSR. You can write to them about your innovative proposal - always send Medvedeva to any competition. But it is necessary to finish the letter with the phrase "If you do not respond, we will write to Sportloto!" - this is a tradition.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looking over the stats, Viveca has easily the season’s best free skate score of the non-Russian ladies in the final group.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Luzhnetskaya emb., 8, p. 1, Moscow - it's address of FFSR. You can write to them about your innovative proposal - always send Medvedev to any competition. But it is necessary to finish the letter with the phrase "If you do not respond, we will write to Sportloto!" - this is a tradition.
The Russian Federation will send her again when she earns it again - and I have nothing but respect for that.

rachno2

Record Breaker
Looking at my predictions, I need these results to stay the same in the free! (Except Stanislava has to come back strong enough for fifth)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
One of the Eurosport commentators (I don't think he's one of the usual), just said "great music edit! .... Well done to whoever created that." Well... Danill's music mixing skills have one fan then I guess..

That was Nicky Slater, who won the Ice Dance Bronze Medal at Europeans in 1983 with Karen Barber.

Simon, Chris and Nicky were the regular figure skating commentators on British Eurosport for many years, but then Nicky emigrated to Canada a couple of years ago. (It was in preparation for him leaving that Mark Hanretty and Catherine Whittaker were brought into the team). And this is his first time back on Eurosport since then.

Here's a couple of videos of Chris and Nicky from when they were commentating at Euros in 2011:

Rehearsal
Ice Dance Intro

CaroLiza_fan

musicfan98

On the Ice
I’m very surprised with the top 6 results. I have not seen Alexia or Laurine skate since the Olympics but they both surprised me with how much they’ve improved. I think it will be very interesting to see who gets the bronze. I kind of hope Sofia can pull a surprise in the free skate and win.

LaArdilla

Medalist
I managed to watch only the last two flights live and really enjoyed it! Sofia is rock solid, my God. They would be crazy not to send her to Worlds.

Well done to American ladies in Europe, I kinda have a feeling that their compatriots might do worse at the US Nats.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I'd have Sofia and Alina's scores swapped :devil:

I was surprised that they finally called Alina's +3Lo<, so that's progress. The reputation gap is closing and judges are less willing to turn a blind eye.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Just looked at the protocols. Judge 4 gave Zagitova PCS from 7 to 8 on all components!

Insane to see her getting, at least in my opinion, the right PCS score for Skating Skills

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Interview with ELiška Březinová:
https://www.facebook.com/czechfigur...1695695546123/995807170610097/?type=2&theater

She says she is overally satisfied with her clean skate, just regrets she wasn't managed to do 3-3 combo, just 3-2. She said she didn't land first 3T properly so she rather decided to change the second jump into 2T with the intention rather go clean. She also said that she liked the atmosphere in the arena, spectators were very supportive and enjoyed all programs.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Not a so surprising result. Zagitova's 3lz-3lo got an < as it should and it's refreshing to know that people won't talk about her "always uncalled URs" on every page today. I don't understand the GOE for 3F though.
Like i don't understand the +4s that Samodurova got on her 3F-3T. That's a bit generous for a telegraphed Satokoesque jumping pass. But i guess that since she's not Zagitova it's not a problem.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I was surprised that they finally called Alina's +3Lo<, so that's progress. The reputation gap is closing and judges are less willing to turn a blind eye.

So predictable comment... :biggrin: I would say that only the blind noticed it now, because Alina had several ur calls already, so nothing new.

musicfan98

On the Ice
I honestly can’t blame the dual US skaters for switching countries. The career opportunities aboard are better.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Just looked at the protocols. Judge 4 gave Zagitova PCS from 7 to 8 on all components!

Insane to see her getting, at least in my opinion, the right PCS score for Skating Skills

Ms. Hermi OTTEMANN of the Netherlands. Her CO mark of 8 for that program was still too high though.

It's interesting that she gave mainly 5's and 6's (one 7 for Sofia) to skaters ranked 2-9 and then 6.75 to 7.75 for skaters ranked 10 and 11.

zounger

Medalist
Not a so surprising result. Zagitova's 3lz-3lo got an < as it should and it's refreshing to know that people won't talk about her "always uncalled URs" on every page today. I don't understand the GOE for 3F though.
Like i don't understand the +4s that Samodurova got on her 3F-3T. That's a bit generous for a telegraphed Satokoesque junping pass. But i guess that since she's not Zagitova it's not a problem.

Yes, there were some weird GOE calls. Like Alina's +3 on Flip and Sofia's +5 on 2A.