2019 European Championships Ladies Short Program | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships Ladies Short Program

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
If there was something weird, it was PCS given from the judge No. 4, Ms. Hermi Ottemann. Not to some particular skater, but to all. Like everything at least point lower than the rest...

zounger

Medalist
Ms. Hermi OTTEMANN of the Netherlands. Her CO mark of 8 for that program was still too high though.

It's interesting though because she gave mainly 5's and 6's (one 7 for Sofia) to skaters ranked 2-9 and then 6.75 to 7.75 for skaters ranked 10 and 11.

Maybe she was the one who proposed the age limit and gave PCS by age :biggrin:

readernick

Medalist
Ms. Hermi OTTEMANN of the Netherlands. Her CO mark of 8 for that program was still too high though.

It's interesting that she gave mainly 5's and 6's (one 7 for Sofia) to skaters ranked 2-9 and then 6.75 to 7.75 for skaters ranked 10 and 11.

Quite fair. Emmi Peltonen and Stanislova are better skaters (not jumpers) than the girls ranked 2-9. I was impressed she was giving the scores they actually deserved rather than just tying PCS to GOE or reputation.

Orlov

Medalist
I love judge 4 scoring.

The PCS got real and not inflated garbage.

This dude is funny - his PCS:

Zagitova 29.8 (real 36.4)
Samodurova 26.2 (real 33.63)
Paganini 25.8 (real 29.56)
Lindfors 25.8 (real 28.74)
Radjicova 24.6 (real 29.17)
Lecavelier 24.2 (real 30.17) dude, come on, you really harsh with Laurine

“Reality” in a subjective sport, it’s not what you want, or your fan party, or a separate extravagant judge - this is a collective agreement. These are abstract numbers "6.25", understand? This is not 6.25 kilograms, it is not real. This "6.25" is an abstract number associated with the real world by collective agreement, understand? Therefore, it would be correct if he was called to some special ISU-commission where he would be explained that he can pretend to be an a goth-kid in his free time.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I was surprised that they finally called Alina's +3Lo<, so that's progress. The reputation gap is closing and judges are less willing to turn a blind eye.

Oh, come on. I mean, I was surprised too that she actually got called on that 3Lo after getting +GOE on her flip but you‘re so predictbable in your comments, even those with two blind eyes must have forseen what you‘d write. :laugh:

And even if she underrotated another 3Lz-3Lo, there‘s no way she‘ll lose this competition. Unless she bombs. Which she showed here, despite being nervous, that she won‘t. So judges can have as good sight as they want, Alina will win this if she goes remotely clean.

I do wish she‘d stop using the tights over the boot. They look weird and she doesn‘t need them with her beautiful lines. She dropped them at the beginning of the season.. why bring them back now??

zounger

Medalist
I don't know why people are surprised about Alina's 3Lo < since she has been called for underotations multiple times this seasons. And no she doesn't underotate always as some people want to see. When she does, most of the time they have been called. In a percent that is similar to other top skaters.

As for judge 4. I don't mind her scores as far she was consistent with everyone. Score are relevant anyway, there is no absolute scoring.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I was surprised that they finally called Alina's +3Lo<, so that's progress. The reputation gap is closing and judges are less willing to turn a blind eye.

Nobody is turning a blind eye. This time her Loop in a combo was < and i called it and made a comment about it in a real time. She didn't UR it in every single competition tho... But i wanted to say I think the judging was very good in this competition in general.

zounger

Medalist
The main "problem" with was that all the top ladies felt some kind of pressure. The Russian's all of them, Emmi, the French, so actually only Nicole gave me the impression that she went and enjoyed her performance. (I did't watch all the event though since I'm in office).

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I don't know why people are surprised about Alina's 3Lo < since she has been called for underotations multiple times this seasons. And no she doesn't underotate always as some people want to see. When she does, most of the time they have been called. In a percent that is similar to other top skaters.

As for judge 4. I don't mind her scores as far she was consistent with everyone. Score are relevant anyway, there is no absolute scoring.

No one is suprised, except one person who always run to say how much she's favored.
Yes, she's punished most of the time when she UR. But there are people who don't want to agree with that.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Nobody is turning a blind eye. This time her Loop in a combo was < and i called it and made a comment about it in a real time. She didn't UR it in every single competition tho... But i wanted to say I think the judging was very good in this competition in general.

Sure, they're not turning a blind eye now but she did get a pass at both GPF (where Liza got her 3A< and Satoko 3Lz<) and Nationals SPs. It's unfair when she gets a pass while her competitors get dinged. So I'm glad to see a more level playing field here.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Sure, they're not turning a blind eye now but she did get a pass at both GPF (where Liza got her 3A< and Satoko 3Lz<) and Nationals SPs. It's unfair when she gets a pass while her competitors get dinged. So I'm glad to see a more level playing field here.

I disagree. Her loop in a combo is often borderline, but if you know something about figure skating you will understand why judges sometimes call it as a fully rotated jump. First, because there is a rule when rotation is borderline to give a skater benefit of a doubt. Which is applied to every other skater in the world. But if Satoko for example jumps three times with borderline rotation (as she usually does) of course they will call one of those jumps in that case. If Alina's all jumps are perfectly rotated they will give her on that one jump benefit of a doubt. And second, because its very hard to jump 3Loop as a second jump in a combo, and Alina is the only senior skater who is doing it right now (Bradie and Zhenya tried tho).

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
I'm sad about Lara Naki Gutmann not getting the qualification for the free, but Lucrezia Gennaro did very good.

Konstantinova blown up way more then expected, but usually she came back in the free, so her chances are still there.
At least, the free will be more interesting.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I disagree. Her loop in a combo is often borderline, but if you know something about figure skating you will understand why judges sometimes call it as a fully rotated jump. First, because there is a rule when rotation is borderline to give a skater benefit of a doubt. Which is applied to every other skater in the world. But if Satoko for example jumps three times with borderline rotation (as she usually does) of course they will call one of those jumps in that case. If Alina's all jumps are perfectly rotated they will give her on that one jump benefit of a doubt. And second, because its very hard to jump 3Loop as a second jump in a combo, and Alina is the only senior skater who is doing it right now (Bradie and Zhenya tried tho).

Actually a borderline jump is now considered undererotated under the new rules.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Actually a borderline jump is now considered undererotated under the new rules.

I know the rule about what degree of rotation to consider as fully rotated jump is changed, but I was using word borderline for jumps when judges are not sure if rotation is full or not, according to the current (or any other) rules. There is still 'benefit of a doubt' rule inside of a new rule.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
What is Elta? The european equivalent of Fuji tv? All videos are blocked in my country because of Elta content.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

I admire your valiant effort, while I doubt it could have any impact...