2019 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
This is so sad and not having been worth waiting up until 1:45 EST for. Bed awaits. Hasta mañana everyone.

lizardlass

On the Ice
really??? thank god I don’t have NBC gold

LOL my roommate up and did the 30 day free trial of Hulu live tv, so I caught the end of the comp on NBC sports (since the Russian stream kept freezing on me.) I definitely prefer the no-commentary feed....

frida80

Record Breaker
And this is why I don't make a big deal about SP. Often skaters who do well in the SP, feel a lot of pressure and botch their FS. Then skaters that had rough skates like Mai, come back and nail their FS. Mai has had many come from behind moments. What I hope skaters take away tonight is that you have to learn to build the nerves to nail the FS.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Gutted for Kaori, her trying to keep up a cheery face and hiding her tears from everyone....:(Mai is sure the Cinderella girl! Kaori's coaches were talking about how much she climbed
up onto the podium as well in the kiss and cry.

Congrats winners!

Were the coaches talking about how much Mai climbed or how much Kaori climbed?

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
Now that I'm done with the PbPs, I am just so mad at the scoring and the judges! Bradie got a higher Interpretation Score than Kaori.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
It just wasn’t Kaori’s night, but one thing I love about her is that she wears her heart on her sleeve, happy or sad.

Congratulations to the medalists.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
A very dramatic free skate for sure, and let's see... Sakamoto Kaori, Mariah, Haneul, and my darling squirtle... total of four heartbreaks for me. Five if you count Yelim missing her 2A-3T. All my congratulations to the medalists, but this was not the best competition for myself...

I'll be off now, I need to watch ID (I set the alarm but I apparently slept through that as well)

lady_bee

Medalist
I really wanted Mai to medal, but not this way:sad4:

Kobe girls are my daughters in law. (I have two teen-age boys, and I've already proposed Kaori on behalf of one of them:biggrin:)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Ladies is definitely where all the :biggrin::sad21::yahoo::rock::hopelessness::drama: is this season. Can't wait for Worlds.

Danny T

Medalist
Hmm, feeling conflicted about results ... At least there's another day before men's mess :laugh:

Regardless, congratulations Rika! :yahoo:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Elizabet Tursynbaeva is only the fifth 4CC medalist not from the US, Canada, Japan or China - the others being Tatiana Malinina, Yuna Kim, Denis Ten, and Ryom/Kim.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
They were talking about Mai once the final standings were shown

That makes me uncomfortable. Kaori was crying between them, and they were talking about Mai? That conversation couldn't have waited three minutes?