2019 Four Continents Men's Short Program | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2019 Four Continents Men's Short Program

s_parks

Record Breaker
I hope he has a come-to-jesus discussion with his fellow tech panel tonight. That or asks them for some of whatever they are smoking.

Yeah, the tech panel needs to get their sh** together for the free but I'm not holding my breath. And the PCS- I'm sorry, is this US nationals?

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love this program for Boyang, he’s really improving in his performance quality.

champagnerain

Final Flight
I'm going to be on an international flight during the men's free, so I will be terrified of the results until I land and can get some wifi.

But I have to say...is it bad that I'm almost hoping Shoma finishes off the podium in the end? Maybe it would make him reconsider whether it is worth it to skate on a thrice-sprained ankle.

...oh, who am I kidding? It would probably just make him twice as determined no matter how broken his body is. :palmf:

firal

Record Breaker
Yeah for a good one from Boyang!

I really really want to be happy for Vincent for cracking open the 100+ door, on an international stage no less, but I just can't. Saturday will be very interesting! Counting on Shoma to storm right back to the top! ( Poor ankle though...)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent leads after the short. Seems like I was the only person who had any faith in him...

Not quite. On the prediction thread, I went out on a limb and picked him to win the title. We'll see how that turns out, but so far - so good.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
From what my stream wasn't frozen for, Boyang looked great. :cry: I'll have to rewatch tomorrow.

Danny T

Medalist
Based on what I saw in the slowmo, I'd give Junhwan UR on 4S and 3A, but Vincent literally UR on all his jumps. Probably only the 3T can be seen as borderline, axel was UR on real time. This tech panel was crap bleh

Also, Vincent's PCS is bee es. Not to mention his (lack of) performance quality here, his skating was sub-par in the last group, yes, even compared to Boyang. Snuggled between Jason, Shoma and Keegan, judges must be on good stuff to give him 42 PCS. Bee es.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
The scoring has really ruined my enjoyment for a bit. I need to go away and regroup. :slink:

I dislike when the tech panel is this lenient- it diminishes the sport.

Since my expectations are not high for this to improve, I'll just plan on drinking more wine for the FS... If you can't beat them, join them?

sworddance21

On the Ice
I'm bummed about Jason's 3A but still... beautiful program and IMHO he's the superior skater here, with Shoma very, very close. Vincent and Boyang definitely improving.

My favorite part of the competition... when was the last time we saw a major international competition in which the top 11 men had NO DEDUCTIONS! Hooray for no splat-fest!

malya

On the Ice
I think we all had a lot of faith after Jun got no UR calls. :laugh2:

I even called the 100+ points :p

With a tech panel with eyes Vincent and Jun would still get good scores but close to 100? No.

Can we get TV replays for the tech panel?

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
Thanks, frida80!

I’ll definitely have to check it out for fs! Since it was NBCSport, I was hoping for Ashley and whoever the Terry Gannon-sounding guy is on with her. She a actually does her homework and doesn’t talk over the skating. I want either no commentary or a language like Russian where Tat is talking with such gusto and I can’t understand what she’s saying. (Well, I have *some* idea; Misha fan here. :eek:hwell:)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Johnny was entertaining tonight but the whole panel gets a huge :roll5: for all the UR discussions :yawn:

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
i just woke up, but why did the men get a real announcer and the ladies... not? ps these scores, man... lol

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm bummed about Jason's 3A but still... beautiful program and IMHO he's the superior skater here, with Shoma very, very close. Vincent and Boyang definitely improving.

My favorite part of the competition... when was the last time we saw a major international competition in which the top 11 men had NO DEDUCTIONS! Hooray for no splat-fest!

Speaking of lenient... aren't they supposed to get deductions for finishing a second or more after the music? There were plenty of borderline situations with that tonight.