2019 US Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2019 US Nationals Senior Rhythm Dance

oly2018

Final Flight
That is WAY closer to H/B than I thought it was going to be. Deserved, but I am shocked. In general, the scores are a bit tighter between 1&2 and 3&4 than I expected.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
H/D will almost certainly win here, but they should be very worried indeed. That World silver isn't looking so certain as the season progresses.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Carreira/Ponomorenko really impressed here! Awesome job!

About the same point different between 1st-2nd and 3rd-4th. I like my rhythm dance results nail-bitey.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I think that is low. I would have expected them to go ahead of HB.

I do think USFS will be getting behind this team big time, though, going forward towards Beijing.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Being closer to the podium helps CP case for citizenship not that that had anything to do with scoring.

oly2018

Final Flight
I think that is low. I would have expected them to go ahead of HB.

I do think USFS will be getting behind this team big time, though, going forward towards Beijing.

I agree with you. I think the judges putting them close to H/B in their debut season is pretty telling. I have been wondering what the politics of having the American top 3 from the same camp would be.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Notably C/B and C/P were the only teams to get Level 4s on every element -- after seeing this back to back with Euros today I think C/B have a shot at vying to get on the world podium tbh

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I could not be more pleased with the way that played out. I’ve declared for Chock/Bates but H. / D definitely brought it. So no complaints.

Also of note: I am *this* close to becoming a C/P Uber.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Great event. Thrilled that Madi and Zach are in the lead. Really surprised at Joe 4-6 shook out. Wasn’t expecting C/P to overtake MC and the Parsons. The FD is going to be thrilling.

Love that Ben joined Charlie in the booth for the later teams. Feel privileged to have heard commentary by 3 of my favorite skaters.

oly2018

Final Flight
TontoK;2319651 Also of note: I am *this* close to becoming a C/P Uber.[/QUOTE said:
I recommend not watching their interviews, because those will put you firmly in the uber zone. I only noticed them last season on the junior circuit, but there is something that makes me want to root for them.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I am sure there will be differing opinions on this, but I'm here for Jean Luc's new smoking jacket.

While I'm focused on costumes, Lorraine McNamara's dress is still one of my favorites.

I ADORED the smoking jacket. So very Thurston Howell III. :)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm just not that impressed by H/D. Their skating to me is heavy and not light at all.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'm just not that impressed by H/D. There skating to me is heavy and not light at all.

I'm really impressed with them but I totally understand what you mean. I wasn't trying to be mean when I said that their RD didn't read Tango to me. There's something very heavy and powerful about them that is totally superb with the right vehicle. A tango is supposed to feel sharp and the turns should be fast and precise. That is not their strong suit. Their leg flicks veer toward looking sloppy sometimes.

I say all of this while still loving H/D.