2019 World Team Trophy Mens Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2019 World Team Trophy Mens Short Program

frida80

Record Breaker
Well that was a lot of fun! Too bad I too dumb to convert time to get up for the ladies, but I'm glad I got to see the guys.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They will come back with pair :agree:

True... although I'm very sad T/M aren't here! They could have brought back their I Feel Good program!

But Natalia/Alexander are brilliant too.

patchris84

On the Ice
But is she his coach ?

Given the good result of Vincent to the worlds, it would be amazing. (She may be helping him with his skating skills?) And considering the "least importance" of this competition for him, as she was already here, the coaches did not consider it vital to make the trip ? (Hamada was already present out of the ice at the worlds in addition to the coaches)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since when does Vincent train with Mie Hamada ?

Vincent changed coaches??

Not changed, I don't think. Vincent has worked with Mie Hamada with focus, I believe, on components. He may have travelled to Japan for this purpose, and also I believe Mie has worked with him in Colorado when Rika has done some training in Colorado.

Vincent's skate was so beautiful, so full of emotion, passion, attentiveness to musical form and feeling. I'm incredibly proud of all the work he's done this year to improve .... especially considering how virulent a lot of the criticism of him has been. He kept his mind and emotions on the results he wanted to create. :hap10:

:dance3:

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Vincent has been training with Hamada for at least the past month - he came before Worlds and stayed through WTT.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I am convinced it's because we want them to do well. I jinxed Mikhail all season long...

you must be right

Aww. The 3A was landed though! And I liked his spins!

Hopefully Alexander can give us the Greatest Show on Earth in the free!
:pray: let's hope he can end this season with a nice free

Grassl was robbed, as always. 4Lo was clean
https://youtu.be/up5BqFoqd5A?t=65 or another angle https://youtu.be/up5BqFoqd5A?t=287
but marked as UR. Just saying.

i don't know, i love daniel, you know, but i usually am reluctant to jump on the wuzrobbed train, i'm not an expert but the 4Lo didn't look perfect to me. if we want to talk about matteo's StSq3 is entirely another pair of shoes.

cathing up with the last 2 men, i got to watch just shoma, nathan's performance isn't available :(. i love this vivaldi more than led zeppelin, but i think his injuries still bother him, right? anyway he saved everything he could, good fight:dev2:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not changed, I don't think. Vincent has worked with Mie Hamada with focus, I believe, on components. He may have travelled to Japan for this purpose, and also I believe Mie has worked with him in Colorado when Rika has done some training in Colorado.

Vincent's skate was so beautiful, so full of emotion, passion, attentiveness to musical form and feeling. I'm incredibly proud of all the work he's done this year to improve .... especially considering how virulent a lot of the criticism of him has been. He kept his mind and emotions on the results he wanted to create. :hap10:

:dance3:

I loved Vincent's skate. He has improved so much. It is very exciting to have two American men among the top skaters.

temadd

Final Flight
She was already present at the ice out at the worlds. Maybe the coaches just didn't make the trip since she was already there ? (and that the challenge here was less for Vincent ?)

Rika and Satoko (trained by Hamada) have programs choreographed by Tom Dickson in Colorado where Vincent also trains. My guess is that he works with her on his jumps when she is there as well as these past 2 weeks since worlds.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
How could a tech panel look at Daniel's 4Lo and mark it UR and then a few minutes later judge Vincent's 4Lz to be FINE? Grrr. :dev2:

If the quad is truly going to be the benchmark for higher PCS, (which I disagree with strongly) at least judge them consistently.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent has been training with Hamada for at least the past month - he came before Worlds and stayed through WTT.

I remember TSL talking about Vincent working with Mie Hamada a few weeks ago - to focus on his skating skills and performance. Whatever she is doing with him, I think it's working. Vincent has certainly turned his fortunes around this seasons with the bronze medal at Worlds and almost tying Nathan in the short program at WTT (true, Nathan did only one quad while Vincent did two) but he seems to be cementing his status behind Nathan as a strong #2 for the US. He's still only 18 and hopefully has a few more years in him to get him where he is well-rounded.

formersk8ter

On the Ice
How could a tech panel look at Daniel's 4Lo and mark it UR and then a few minutes later judge Vincent's 4Lz to be FINE? Grrr. :dev2:

If the quad is truly going to be the benchmark for higher PCS, (which I disagree with strongly) at least judge them consistently.

Vincent agrees with you:

“I thought the quad lutz might have been under-rotated, but the judges didn’t think so,” Zhou mentioned. “I know I can do it better. Everything else was fairly clean in the program.”

Shoma Uno is the key to a Japan victory. He has to beat Vincent for second, if not Nathan for first. Japan can't expect much help from dance and pairs, but the scoring rules do not penalize them too much even if they finish last. The ladies could sweep first and second.

lzxnl

Final Flight
Shoma Uno is the key to a Japan victory. He has to beat Vincent for second, if not Nathan for first. Japan can't expect much help from dance and pairs, but the scoring rules do not penalize them too much even if they finish last. The ladies could sweep first and second.

If Nathan doesn't pull out all the quads, a clean Shoma should win over both of them. However, we've seen his struggles this latter part of the season. It would be some small redemption for worlds.