2019 World Team Trophy Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 World Team Trophy Pairs Free Skate

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Watching Vanessa and Morgan skate to a Chris Isaak penned song has got to be the best way to start a Sat morning.:yahoo: Especially loved the mix of their personalities displayed after they finished with Vanessa bowing to the audience in appreciation and Morgan signaling for more applause.:laugh: :luv17:

Morgan's usually so held-back that it's always a bit hilarious to me when he collapses flat on the ice with emotion at the end of a really good skate. Like, yep, we see you there having feelings Morgan!

- - - Updated - - -

Z/E's timing on the landing of that throw jump was superb. Talk about matching the music!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And there was another FS that I am going to miss.

But, I still preferred Vanessa and Morgan, and expect them to jump Natalja and Alexander.

CaroLiza_fan

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And there was another FS that I am going to miss.

But, I still preferred Vanessa and Morgan, and expect them to jump Natalja and Alexander.

CaroLiza_fan

Z/E popped the SBS 3S down to a 2S, sadly, or they would been closer to J/C.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

LadyB

Record Breaker
Still happy with Sasha and Natalia’s result, but fair play to Vanessa and Morgan. However, not sure why Morgan has to be dramatic at the end of every good performance...

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Still happy with Sasha and Natalia’s result, but fair play to Vanessa and Morgan. However, not sure why Morgan has to be dramatic at the end of every good performance...

'Cause he's awesome that way! Seriously, watching old YouTube videos of him and Vanessa it's amazing how far they've come!

In other news I forgot how to time convert and missed nearly all of it!

However, I've just realised while the USA will win, who will pick up silver? It's up in to the ladies!

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I love how Morgan always fistpumps before the end of the song

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm not sure why, but Cain/LeDuc have never quite clicked for me. I'm glad they've come back so well from that horrific fall at Golden Spin, though.

Give them a little time. It is only Ashley' s third year skating pairs.

gold12345

Medalist

Vanessa & Morgan had a disappointing Worlds and were able to rebound with a really strong free skate at this event, so I can definitely understand Morgan's release of emotions here. Yes he tends to fist pump at the end of every strong LP, but it doesn't seem too over the top.

I'm not sure why, but Cain/LeDuc have never quite clicked for me. I'm glad they've come back so well from that horrific fall at Golden Spin, though.

Agreed. The most impressive thing about Cain/LeDuc to me is how they immediately recovered from that horrible fall at Golden Spin, but there are some shortcomings in their pair skating that keep them behind these other teams. There is always a feeling that they're trying to survive through the elements more so than do high quality/big GOE elements. They are managing her height well, but it inevitably presents limitations.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

...with Tim. She did 6 years previously (at least 5 of which she was doing both Pairs and Singles) before concentrating on just Singles for a few years.

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Since the Entries / Results Page is only giving us the Team Standings, here is the results table for the Pairs:

Pl.NameNationSPFSTotal
1Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRESFRA273.481152.52226.00
2Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERTRUS175.802141.32217.12
3Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISEITA369.774130.85200.62
4Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINAROCAN468.383131.84200.22
5Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUCUSA566.915125.24192.15
6Riku MIURA / Shoya ICHIHASHIJPN644.93692.98137.91

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

do you know who got the gold again? :biggrin:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I love how Morgan always fistpumps before the end of the song

It is exciting when a skater is just so happy,not so much when it becomes the de rigeur. I do admit I now find it rather redundant if not staged. It has lost is bloom lol

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Great for the Italians; not so great for the Canadians. You want to try to say something positive for Canada which is rebuilding but the Canadians really lost ground instead of gaining this year. I agree Z and E will be behind the French next year because James and Cipres just had a fluke bad skate. Z and E though really did a good job considering they aren't the top Russian team against James and Cipres.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Yes, and they've made amazing strides. Teams need years to gel usually (even in cases where one or both partners have skated in a team before). It's why it is so frustrating to see US Pairs unable or unwilling to commit the time to develop.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It is exciting when a skater is just so happy,not so much when it becomes the de rigeur. I do admit I now find it rather redundant if not staged. It has lost is bloom lol

Somehow I don't get the feeling that Morgan gives a hoot about things like that. He and Vanessa both seem to be extremely genuine people. They're both gonna do what they're both gonna do and it's a big reason why I love them so much.