2019 Worlds: Ice Dance Pregame Chat | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds: Ice Dance Pregame Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Addiction? "Hello, is this skatefan anonymoose? My Name is Coyote Chris, and I am a skateaholyic"
(And no, I am not making fun of alchoholics...my dad was one and I have the propensity for it but thankfully I also have will power from my mom's side of the family. But yes, I am addicted to bacon. Bacon and skating. OK, bacon, skating and motorcycles. Well, maybe bacon, skating, motorcycles, camping, dogs, and aircraft racing. Ohhhh, look at the time...gotta stop there...:yahoo:) My eyes are getting blurry.

I'm totally with you. My late partner was an alki and I'm liking booze far too much...and food, hockey, traveling, politics, soccer, telly, music...
Let's have a great time at Worlds :rock: Love the picture... and the first one, I forgot to mention :agree:

Country
Russia
Dance in order of season best.
1 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 217.98
2 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USA 207.42
3 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS 206.41
4 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA 205.35
5 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN 203.93
6 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 202.45
7 Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 201.37
8 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 199.84
9 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA 189.87
10 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN CAN 186.91
11 Natalia KALISZEK / Maksym SPODYRIEV POL 185.35
12 Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 182.05
13 Sara HURTADO / Kirill KHALIAVIN ESP 180.67
14 Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain LE GAC FRA 180.32
15 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 169.11
16 Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS FIN 168.34
17 Shari KOCH / Christian NUECHTERN GER 165.31
18 Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS LTU 164.11
19 Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI ITA 162.94
20 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Adam LUKACS HUN 161.40
21 Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN UKR 156.16
22 Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO JPN 154.75
23 Anna KUBLIKOVA / Yuri HULITSKI BLR 147.51
24 Shira ICHILOV / Vadim DAVIDOVICH ISR 142.12
25 Victoria MANNI / Carlo ROETHLISBERGER SUI 138.81
26 Chantelle KERRY / Andrew DODDS AUS 138.53
27 Katerina BUNINA / German FROLOV EST 132.52

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Oh no, my heart goes out to you. Wishing you luck for your cholesterol test! At least, you'll be way healthier than me!!!
I already watch (Russian) regionals like a thing possessed. I even know little kids' names and recognise them! It's like an addiction. :yahoo:
Getting seriously excited now!

guys, come to the mediterranean side :biggrin: we got olives

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Yay I can watch tomorrow! Just working stupid hours from Saturday.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Going to try and stay awake for this if I can!

Sidenote: I think I'll watch BBC as Eurosport doesn't have live commentary but I was just thinking that I wish it was possible to have Robin Cousins and Chris Howarth together as opposed to one of them on BBC and the other on Eurosport.

LaArdilla

Medalist
I’m going to wake up around 5:50 am and watch the final three groups. Sorry, Disco Brits, you are in the first group and that’s not gonna happen. Best of luck with your RD, I will definitely wake up early enough for your disco free on Saturday!

LadyB

Record Breaker
There are several couples I like and support, but my heart totally beats for Piper and Paul!!! So excited to see their new RD and costumes. Although I must admit, when I first heard 'Mambo No 5' I immediately thought of that Disco number two seasons ago.
Now is time for a kip. Alarm is set see you all in a few hours time :bed:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
LadyB - That was just a joke about G/P's new RD ;).

Thank you for clarifying that! I've spent the last five minutes frantically looking for confirmation elsewhere in the forum. I was all in a dither about how risky it was to debut a new dance at Worlds...not to mention Mambo #5?! :rofl:
Although, if anyone could pull it off, it would be Piper and Paul.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well the skating draws do not favor the Canadians. Italy got a good draw. Curious about GP doing an new RD - interesting what a risk. ARe they ready? I guess they felt the old one wasn't working andthey want to go for that medal Don't think anyone can challenge the French but the silver and bronze is wide open. Originally HD looked so strong in second but now it could be two Americans on the podium with the french. There isn't much respect for being a returning bronze medallist so Weapo might find themselves pushed down a lot. Chock and Bates have momentum. The big issues are will either of the Russians make errors. Will Weapo survive the twizzels. Can the Italians sneak on to the podium or will the Americans block allteams but the French to the podium.

LisaS

On the Ice
Well the skating draws do not favor the Canadians. Italy got a good draw. Curious about GP doing an new RD - interesting what a risk. ARe they ready? I guess they felt the old one wasn't working andthey want to go for that medal Don't think anyone can challenge the French but the silver and bronze is wide open. Originally HD looked so strong in second but now it could be two Americans on the podium with the french. There isn't much respect for being a returning bronze medallist so Weapo might find themselves pushed down a lot. Chock and Bates have momentum. The big issues are will either of the Russians make errors. Will Weapo survive the twizzels. Can the Italians sneak on to the podium or will the Americans block allteams but the French to the podium.
It was confirmed in the post above yours that Piper and Pauls new RD was a joke. They will have new costumes however for the RD well at least Piper will she showed part of it on Social Media. I believe the reference to Mambo 5 comes from this tweet https://twitter.com/PaulDPoirier/status/1107059073453867008?s=19

reneerose

Final Flight
I'm curious to see what color Piper's new rhythm dance dress will be. Interesting progression, by the end of the season, the costumes are perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.