2019 Worlds: Ice Dance Pregame Chat | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds: Ice Dance Pregame Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

1904sk8

On the Ice
Starting orders based on current entries. Skaters listed in order of WR. All groups have 5 pairs unless otherwise specified.
Random draw to determine exact order.

Group 6
Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohue
Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron
Charlene Guignard / Marco Fabbri
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin
Madison Chock / Evan Bates

Group 5
Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean-Luc Baker
Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov
Natalia Kaliszek / Maksym Spodyriev

last four spots of Group 4
Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu
Marie-Jade Lauriault / Romain Le Gac
Sara Hurtado / Kirill Khaliavin
Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Sorensen

Groups 1-3 (4 skaters each), first spot of Group 4
Lilah Fear / Lewis Gibson
Alexandra Nazarova / Maxim Nikitin
Misato Komatsubara / Tim Koleto
Jasmine Tessari / Francesco Fioretti
Anna Yanovskaya / Adam Lukacs
Allison Reed / Aulius Ambrulevicius
Juulia Turkkila / Matthias Versluis
Shari Koch / Christian Nuchtern
Chantelle Kerry / Andrew Dodds
Shira Ichilov / Vadim Davidovich
Anna Kublikova / Yuri Hulitski
Victoria Manni / Carlo Roethlisberger
Katerina Bunina / German Frolov

Is this the official list?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It’s a sign of how tumultuous ice dance has been this season that among the top eight teams, all of them medaled at either the Grand Prix Final or their respective ISU regional championships, but only one team managed both — Guignard/Fabbri; and they have the lowest personal best among those teams.

1904sk8

On the Ice
I personally think this is one of the most exciting world championships in years, maybe since 2016. There are so many teams fighting for the top 3 spots and the mid level teams have really stepped it up this year which will make the top 10 interesting.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Is this the official list?

No, the draw for exact starting order isn't until a day or so before worlds. They'll draw according for the spots that I indicated (i.e. the 5 couples listed under group 6 will random draw for starting order in group 6)

WS could potentially change up until worlds if any of the couples compete before that, but I don't think any of them are and it won't make a difference unless they're borderline on a group.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There aren't any ice dance competitions before Worlds except Universiade and the WJC, but Universiade doesn't get World Ranking points and I don't believe any of the junior couples are competing at both WJ and Worlds.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
The more likely possibility is that someone may withdraw & be replaced by an alternate, if at all. That could switch up the groups. But fingers crossed that everyone stays healthy and is able to attend.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Everyone tends to focus on the top of the scoreboard, but the battle at the bottom of the scoreboard is just as interesting. By my reckoning, there are 18 teams that are pretty safe bets for clearing through to the FD. This leaves 9 teams battling for 2 slots. And a few of those teams are very close to "pretty safe bet" status.

Worlds. It's a dogfight. Top and bottom.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I've taken the day off. There is no way I could possibly concentrate at work. :hap93:

You have your priorities straight! On your death bed, you will regret not seeing competitions, but you will NEVER say, "Boy, I wish I could have spent just one more day at work.":thumbsup:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Everyone tends to focus on the top of the scoreboard, but the battle at the bottom of the scoreboard is just as interesting. By my reckoning, there are 18 teams that are pretty safe bets for clearing through to the FD. This leaves 9 teams battling for 2 slots. And a few of those teams are very close to "pretty safe bet" status.

Worlds. It's a dogfight. Top and bottom.

No dog fighting please...just dog loving....What is interesting about the lower teams is how much they can improve at times...with maybe the right coach...but I love them all for their performance art....more popcorn!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Yay, another person who put figure skating ahead of work! :agree:

I put pretty much everything ahead of work...if at all possible (and yes, I watch FS in the office on my mobile, which is lying behind my keyboard) :laugh:

You have your priorities straight! On your death bed, you will regret not seeing competitions, but you will NEVER say, "Boy, I wish I could have spent just one more day at work.":thumbsup:

That is sooo true! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.