2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
At this competition Zagitova will definitely be the under dog, but you never really know what will go down at worlds. As we’ve seen anything can happen

I think underdog is a bit too strong of a word. More like, she's not the top favourite, but "only" one of the favourites.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I think underdog is a bit too strong of a word. More like, she's not the top favourite, but "only" one of the favourites.

Yes, true. Now that I think about it, her situation is pretty similar to Medo's going into PC. The emperor doesn't yet have no clothes, but he's down to his underwear.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Agreed. Alina‘s not been performing like she did at the beginning of this season where the narrative was basically: “will anyone be able to come close to beating Alina?“ but she‘s still got all the chances. Her scoring potential is huge and if she goes clean... she is still a top contender. She isn‘t the only one, several other ladies have stepped up this season and showed exceptional performances (most of all obviously Rika) but ice is slippery and Alina is still an Olympic Champion. She‘s been struggling lately but she is an experienced competitor and she‘ll probably be more hungry for this medal than any of the others. Because it‘s the only one she‘s still missing. I have a feeling she will go clean. But it will of course depend on what the others do. The SP is Rika‘s weakness. If Alina manages to gain a significant advantage there... who knows. I like all of these ladies and wish them good luck. Hoping for a lot of clean skates and may the best win.

Country
Norway
Has anyone heard whether Loena Hendrickx will be competing or not?

I don´t know. But like yesterday or the day before she posted on IG-story that she was back on training on the ice. Don´t know if that is enough time to prepare for worlds. But she is back in training at least.

risingtrot

On the Ice
I feel that in last year's Worlds there was a lot of talk about slots/entries. I think there was also some pressure to the skaters about getting the 3 slots if possible for this year's Worlds. This time, I feel like it's more relaxed though. I think Russia and Japan will get the 3 slots for next year provided their skaters will do well or skate clean even with some minor mistakes. Hope everyone skates well.

Nirti

Medalist
Last flight to Saitama has to be booked this weekend!
Many ladies will try to reach the SP, the FP or both segments TES in order to qualify to Worlds.
At the Open Ice Mall Cup, let's follow Alina Iushchenkova (ISR, both), Elizabete Jubkane (LAT, both), Greta Morkyte (LTU, both), Elzbieta Gabryszak (POL, FP)
At the Tallink Hotels Cup, Angelina Kuchvalska (LAT, both), Elzbieta Kropa (LTU, FP), Antonina Dubinina (SRB, SP)
At the Challenge Cup, Sophia Schaller (AUT, FP), Alisa Stomakhina (AUT, SP), Lara Roth (AUT, both), Charlotte Vandersarren (BEL, FP), Amy Lin (TPE, FP), Kyarha Van Tiel (NED, SP), Niki Wories (NED, FP), Camilla Gjersem (NOR, both)
Good luck to everyone!

DenissVFan

Medalist
Last flight to Saitama has to be booked this weekend!
Many ladies will try to reach the SP, the FP or both segments TES in order to qualify to Worlds.
At the Open Ice Mall Cup, let's follow Alina Iushchenkova (ISR, both), Elizabete Jubkane (LAT, both), Greta Morkyte (LTU, both), Elzbieta Gabryszak (POL, FP)
At the Tallink Hotels Cup, Angelina Kuchvalska (LAT, both), Elzbieta Kropa (LTU, FP), Antonina Dubinina (SRB, SP)
At the Challenge Cup, Sophia Schaller (AUT, FP), Alisa Stomakhina (AUT, SP), Lara Roth (AUT, both), Charlotte Vandersarren (BEL, FP), Amy Lin (TPE, FP), Kyarha Van Tiel (NED, SP), Niki Wories (NED, FP), Camilla Gjersem (NOR, both)
Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to them!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Respectfully disagree, her short program fall put her too far down the rankings. Perhaps, you could argue she should have been scored closer to Osmond in the free and gotten higher PCs but I can’t see an argument for her winning the competition.

Thanks. Apparently, it seems to be oh so difficult for certain people to accept a perfectly legitimate result. They can try to have the last word, but the reality is Kaetlyn is the reigning world champion, a result that only a small number continually dispute. It must still be a real shock for them that constantly discounted skaters like Caro won the SP and Kaetlyn won the LP and overall, with gold medals to show for. The field at this year’s Worlds is less rich without these two skaters, who with their signature speed, gorgeous jumps, and full commitment to presenting their programs, deservingly won their respective World titles.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Thanks. Apparently, it seems to be oh so difficult for certain people to accept a perfectly legitimate result. They can try to have the last word, but the reality is Kaetlyn is the reigning world champion, a result that only a small number continually dispute. It must still be a real shock for them that constantly discounted skaters like Caro won the SP and Kaetlyn won the LP and overall, with gold medals to show for. The field at this year’s Worlds is less rich without these two skaters, who with their signature speed, gorgeous jumps, and full commitment to presenting their programs, deservingly won their respective World titles.

I think Kaetlyn deserved her world title overall, even though I loved loved loved Wakaba‘s FS and thought it was the best FS of the night. But I respectfully disagree that the field at this year‘s world is less rich. We‘ll have the Japanese + Russians + Eunsoo Lim, Bradie Tennell and Mariah Bell and even Tursynbaeva who will try to be the first lady to land a quad. If Liza goes, we will have two ladies with 3A. Of course I‘ll miss Caro (still sad that she has to miss Worlds too :sad21: ) and Kaetlyn as the defending champion but the field is VERY strong this year and I‘m looking forward to the competition.

Also: just because someone thought Wakaba should have won doesn‘t mean they hate on Kaetlyn. It‘s just an opinion. In the end, it doesn‘t change the results anyway so why be so passive aggressive about it. It‘s starting to become repetitive. (It actually has a long time ago) Kaetlyn is a great skater and she‘s actually getting far less criticism than many skaters here so I don‘t know why it‘s necessary to constantly act as if she was the most hated skater on earth. :shrug:

Also: just because someone thought Wakaba should have won doesn‘t mean they hate on Kaetlyn. It‘s just an opinion.

Thanks. Apparently it is hard for certain people to accept that there might be differing opinions, even though they try to resist any opposition to whatever they say by saying as much. Standards, it turns out for them, are varying.

The field at this year’s Worlds is less rich without these two skaters, who with their signature speed, gorgeous jumps, and full commitment to presenting their programs, deservingly won their respective World titles.

Ah, the two skaters who won their world titles in entirely diminished fields, conveniently leaving out the reigning OSM for Osmond and OGM for Kostner, but I'm sure those fields were as rich as they possibly could be in your opinion. I have always questioned your ability to tell "gorgeous" jumps apart from the plain and ugly ones, so thanks for saying Osmond had them. But, y'know, continue saying that everyone devalues their accomplishments, while straight up insulting the current ladies' field at worlds. I'm sure the Japanese ladies who're being sent to worlds to make their country proud would be happy to hear that.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Also: just because someone thought Wakaba should have won doesn‘t mean they hate on Kaetlyn.

I know you are a fan of Kaetlyn. But you should understand that there are people who make it as plain as day of their distaste that she is the reigning World Champion. It's ugly for some of us to read such insulting responses. Kaetlyn gets great height on her jumps, maintains very nice speed and flow from entry to exit, and covers a lot of distance on them. That's not to say that only her jumps should be appreciated, as she is the complete package, but credit where credit is due. I guess the people who constantly complain about her skating haven't seen her live in competition with other elite skaters.

The current Worlds field is nice and I'm looking forward to many of the skaters including Rika, Sofia, Alaine, Bradie, Satoko and hopefully Liza gets selected to compete here. But Kaetlyn and Caro would have further enriched this field.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
But Kaetlyn and Caro would have further enriched this field.

Enriched indeed Bill, as I would have loved to have seen the next gen compete against such iconic skaters as Caro & Kaetlyn. Unfortunately some here have not accepted Kaetlyn's win in Milan, even though she besting the field by close to 13 points. Hard to continue to deny the facts and her win by such a large margin.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Sometimes I wonder if I would even notice the difference if certain users were replaced by robots that simply copied and pasted their past comments over and over. How many times has it been already? Worlds cannot come too soon.

deneb

On the Ice
i do hope they both have a skate they can be proud of, but i think we have to say goodbye to our 2 spots next year
Likely, but still not said. They can both score around 160-165 and with a bit of luck they can keep 2 spots. Obviously they need flawless programs.

Where has it been published? I can't find the announcement on FISG's website
As Andrea82 said, they both posted on IG. Shamefully FISG never publish that kind of information so, to know something in Italy, you have to follow socials of athletes and clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.