2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 181 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

silveruskate

On the Ice
- - - Updated - - -

Your logic is the exact same logic that I replied to. Her being so good isn't a new thing especially for Russian figure skating. When Trusova won her first junior world championships in 2018 she was not only also almost 20 points ahead of Alena Kostornaia but she outscored every single senior lady at the senior world championships and was even higher than Kamila currently is on the season's best scores at 4th. Imagine if they singled her out then and started giving her more opportunities just because of her season and her points difference. Do you see how that doesn't make any sense? Again I am not opposed to Kamila skating in test skates per se, what I am opposed to is the blatant favoritism. All the competitions that you say are remaining for Kamila in this season is the same competitions that are remaining for the rest of the age eligible junior girls so why exactly does she have to be the only one that we have to take that into consideration? Also no one can earn favoritism, that's just a justification on your part. Also if you say the test skates are to serve the national team then why is Kamila who is in the junior national team not skating with the junior team instead of the senior team which she is not a part of?

At last a sensible answer. And the idea that Kamila etc. *need* this valuable experience of a senior test-skate?? lmao. Thinking about it I don't think this will hurt or help Kamila at all. If it affects anyone it will be the seniors. If RusFed is trying to put more pressure on the seniors (although I don't see the need) then they should carry on I guess.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

hanca

Record Breaker
Let me guess, Kamila Valieva is in while some of the actual seniors who would desperately need that exposure (Guliakova, Tarakanova, Sinitsyna, Gubanova...) are not.

PR is worth everything lol

Tutberidze has to have the best showing no matter what.
I don’t think Tarakanova needs any exposure, considering that she switched to roller skating. Guliakova and Sinitsina should be invited, because if I remember correctly, they are in the reserve team. Gubanova very likely won’t be invited, but one can argue that it is her fault she didn’t get to main or reserve team.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I don’t think Tarakanova needs any exposure, considering that she switched to roller skating. Guliakova and Sinitsina should be invited, because if I remember correctly, they are in the reserve team. Gubanova very likely won’t be invited, but one can argue that it is her fault she didn’t get to main or reserve team.
She did not switch! She said it herself. Fake news.

ruga

Final Flight
I agree, if they let a junior skate there, why not reserve team seniors - Samodurova, Sinitsyna and Guliakova. I'm pretty sure people are interested in them too and they won't get to appear in any test skates before actual competitions.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I don't really understand why Kamila gets a privilege that legitimately no other skater has ever gotten? And yes, it is a privilege, to be able to perform at such a high scale event with the federation and for PR.

dlco

Rinkside
I don't really understand why Kamila gets a privilege that legitimately no other skater has ever gotten? And yes, it is a privilege, to be able to perform at such a high scale event with the federation and for PR.
You don't need to understand that. It's just not your busyness. They didn't break any rules. It's RusFed internal busyness, whom and when to invite to the test skates. It's not a competition.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

EG.

They still want her to look like the leading coach and it's not possible when 2 of their 3 best russian senior skaters are with Plushenko, so they added Valieva to balance things out.

Like i said i wouldn't really care but the fact she is in while Samodurova, Guliakova, Tarakanova, Sinitsyna... are probably not, is not fair for the other groups.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
ugh as I expected ET gets her usual privillege ...:curse: now watch them invite 'new hope' Samsonov:bed:

makes me wanna root for 18+ gals more & more

& good luck to Plu & Co. :pray::pray:

elysium

On the Ice
I’m wondering what the fact that Kamila gets to skate at the senior test skate does to the group dynamics with Daria and Maiia. Eteri likes to say that she does not favor anyone in her group. The only legitimate reason would therefore be if Kamila can’t participate in the junior test skate due to injury for instance. Otherwise it’s more exodus written on the wall.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
So you don't know anything yet but already condemn something that exist only in your imagination? Nice.

What we know is that Valieva will be added in the senior test skates despite being a junior.

If you take out all the speculations on why they are doing this, at what cost, who is out if she is in, that alone is already a privilege.

GINO

On the Ice
I'm wondering what's going on with Anna? It seems that Eteri does not see her as a serious rival to Sasha and Alena, and therefore pushed the decision to take Valieva into senior test skates.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Unless EG specially called for this I don't think it is hypocritical. As a coach you have to allow your students to take any opportunity they can get, even if the same isn't extended towards other skaters in the group. But I don't think we will ever find out whether RusFed invited her or EG pushed for it.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
What we know is that Valieva will be added in the senior test skates despite being a junior.

If you take out all the speculations on why they are doing this, at what cost, who is out if she is in, that alone is already a privilege.

Yes, and from, that fact you are creating the picture fitting your narrative.

Two years ago eteri had only Alina as a senior russian lady and no Aliona, Sasha or Anna were invited to senior test skates, even that according to your logic it would make her "to look like the leading coach". I am not for such move but this blind hatred is truly annoying.

BTW I thought conspiracy theories are forbidden here...

Pantsu

On the Ice
Looks like Tuktamysheva participated in senior test skates when she was still a junior back in 2010

"The only thing that saddens is the lack of an opportunity to participate in adult tournaments: for a whole year, Lisa, together with the winner of the third stage of the Grand Prix, Adelina Sotnikova, will have to work according to the junior calendar." (Sotnikova was not invited)
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/790523/8082737884/

Mishin: Tuktamysheva is a mature master
https://www.newstube.ru/media/mishin-tuktamysheva-zrelyj-master
Professor is talking about how she is so tiny (13y) and yet so mature, also mentioned incoming Sochi Olympics
The video is taken right after the test skates

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Looks like Tuktamysheva participated in senior test skates when she was still a junior back in 2010

"The only thing that saddens is the lack of an opportunity to participate in adult tournaments: for a whole year, Lisa, together with the winner of the third stage of the Grand Prix, Adelina Sotnikova, will have to work according to the junior calendar." (Sotnikova was not invited)

Professor is talking about how she is so tiny (13y) and yet so mature, also mentioned incoming Sochi Olympics

Interesting.

silveruskate

On the Ice

The video is taken right after the test skates

Interesting. This definitely brings the question of why Trusova didn't have the opportunity to skate in senior test-skates as well when she was a junior.

Elana

On the Ice
Looks like eteris bet on olympics is clearly valieva and not anna. Poor anna,already seen as too old

I'm wondering what's going on with Anna? It seems that Eteri does not see her as a serious rival to Sasha and Alena, and therefore pushed the decision to take Valieva into senior test skates.

What does any of this have to do with Anna? There is more than one spot at the olympics... she is probably pushing both Anna and Kamila. There is no JGP this year, so maybe they (Eteri?, Rusfed?) are just taking into account that Kamila's next main event may be a senior one internationally, depending on what ends up being offered this season as a junior. I'm sure Eteri is pushing for all her girls and would have Daria and Maiia go to senior test skates too if they were offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.