2020-21 Russian Nationals: Men's Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Nationals: Men's Free Skate

Skatesocs

Final Flight
That combo isn't possible unless the skater changes edge and jumps in the opposite direction of the other jumps on the 2T. :oops:

I was asleep while this one was going, hopefully videos appear soon!
It was how Ignatov's 4T+1Lo+2S was initially called.

(The individual videos for Kolyada, Gumennik, Kovalev, Shulepov, Mozalev, Kondratyuk, Ignatov, and Samarin are already on the channel, too.)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
It was how Ignatov's 4T+1Lo+2S was initially called.
Strange, but the people working on these tech panels are not the smartest, after all. Euler + 2Toe combo isn't possible without doing the jump in the opposite direction, there would have to be a step to connect it otherwise, which means it's not a combo anymore.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Euler + 2Toe combo isn't possible without doing the jump in the opposite direction, there would have to be a step to connect it otherwise, which means it's not a combo anymore.
Yep...

His 2S looked like a sal too (unlike, say, Kvitelashvili's, which leaves some viewers confused), which makes it even worse. Though the TP aren't supposed to be newbie viewers anyway.

His 4Lo was first called 3Lo too.

I'd say that Euler+2T isn't possible to do at all as a valid combo, since doing +2T in the opposite direction would still need you to be on a LBO. You'd be on an LBI after the euler, and would need an edge change. (ETA: you do mention the edge change in the earlier post. Would it be a valid combo?)

Last edited:

HKSZYU

Spectator
I wish Ignatov had more extension. His landings, his crossovers, his posture, everything just feels very...scrunched.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Kolyada won fair and square - the quality is there definitely, he was clean, and this FS is by a very very long country mile the best program he has ever had. I have for some time thought that an inexpressive/poor performer should stick to classical music and style of movement because that is far easier to make look good than anything with a specific dance style, character or storyline - those reveal all flaws pretty quickly. In that, the Nureyev program works for Kolyada. What I keep wondering is that is there a storyline? The beginning and end plus maybe sth small in the middle sort of suggest that, but I cannot read what is intended from those few clues. If there should be a character or a storyline, then the program IMO is a failure. But if it is intended as an abstract tribute to Nureyev (like Plushenko's Nijinsky program), then it is a passable imitation of classical ballet on ice, not the best ever, but ok.
Very late, but I agree. I know people are thinking it's an interesting program, but to me it's a piece that tries to pass as something more than it actually is. The part leading from the end of the first spin up until the end of the choreo sequence shows nice musicality. And the first three jumping passes are set in a way where he can blitz into them with confidence. But I would be hard-pressed to find much else in terms of choreography/interpretation - the step sequence is especially dreadful even by CoP standards to me.

He sold it very well though. Not a particularly enchanting performer, but very confident.

For me, Mozalev had the best LP. I wished he'd won, but he didn't. There's always next year.

Last edited: