2023 Russian Nationals Women's Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals Women's Free Skate

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Akateva is the best of any Russian skaters except the 2021-22 version of Kamila. Better than Alina, Kostornaia, Shcherbakova. And even this season it's very close between Sofia and Kamila, but I have to give the tiniest of edges to Sofia. If Kamila goes for the 2A in the SP of course she likely wins, but then everyone would complain she won without a 3A so we would have to listen to that. I think Kamila gets gold at the GP final.
And this right here is the reason I am one of Anna’s biggest fans.

She was never the biggest, the tallest, the fastest, or the strongest, but ended up the winner regardless. The consummate winner.

You set up the roadblocks, you counted her out, it didn’t matter. She thrived being the underdog.

Nobody willed themselves to victory more than Anna, and nobody had her mental strength. You needed the best skate in the history of the sport to beat her, anything short of that and she would find a way to win.

3 in a row, a historic achievement.

Congratulations Tuk!!!!!!!!! You are, IMO, the New Maria Butyrskaya! Never count a Diva out! All those baby ballerina's and the Queen stays on the podium. :cheer2:
Tuktamysheva is the same age now (26) as Butyrskaya was when she won the world championship in 1999. Wouldn't it be something if Russian ladies are allowed to compte at Worlds next year, if Queen Tut somehow makes the team, and lo and behold she skates lights out and beats Maria's record!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Tuktamysheva is the same age now (26) as Butyrskaya was when she won the world championship in 1999. Wouldn't it be something if Russian ladies are allowed to compte at Worlds next year, if Queen Tut somehow makes the team, and lo and behold she skates lights out and beats Maria's record!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulipau

Final Flight
Country
Poland
And I recon she would make the team.
Akatyeva is too young, not sure if they could send Kamila but if yes then Valieva, Tuktik and Mura would go.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
And I recon she would make the team.
Akatyeva is too young, not sure if they could send Kamila but if yes then Valieva, Tuktik and Mura would go.
Russia has only 1 spot now tho due to being banned during last worlds. I think if by a miracle they are allowed back for worlds 2023, rusfed would send Liza due to being the safe choice. Kami rn would be too controversial even if allowed and the pressure could see her come undone like the olympics.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Liza really impressed me at this competition. Her 3A was so solid and her 3Lz 3T combo looked better than last year. Also, instead of a 3A 2T opening combo, she now has elevated her technical score with a 3A 2A sequence. Plus, I saw some skating skills improvement, even though, she is still slow across the ice compared to the skaters in the last group. For the most part, her triple landings were smoother than usual. She actually had some flow coming out of her jumps which was nice to see. But, the last half of her program was still a bit slow and she doubled a jump and didn’t rotate the 3Lo. Which, as someone pointed out, would have been good enough for her to win, with her inflated PCS score.

But, it would have been interesting to have seen Liza at Worlds. Her score at this event is equivalent to 230+, which is what I can see her receiving internationally. With Kaori skating back to her normal level 230+ level, it would have been interesting to see how the international panel would mark Liza in comparison to Kaori. It is just nice to see two mature woman leading the way.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
First, despite all the Russian haters the Russian ladies are still the class of the w orld. YEs you have the Japanese ladies, Kaori and the Koreans who have been up and coming for a while but seem to be like their male Cha who in the last oly cycle I thought would medal they are taking their sweet time to get there. But even without the incentive of worlds and international compeition and you know some of those injured would compete if there were that hope the Russians looked pretty good. Sure artricially they are not artists but then who really is with the tech emphasis. Yes, there is national inflation but even in Japan we saw that = 155 withoout an ultra c element and minor errors. Kamilla despite all the pressure, growth still looked much better than I thought. Withall the issues about the drug test I ghought she was done but she is still fighitng and on the world scene she still would be a podium if not gold medal threat. Liza needs to be Liza for artistry. Sometimes I do find her programs empty that being said take away her national competitiors and she is a world threat with the3A She does need to settle down and get her 3-3 and other jumps though and ensure she gets full levels of her spins and footwork. Then sell! Sell! Sell! Remember though Russian was missing its Oly gold and silver m edallist, Kostornaia, MK. Can you imagine if there was the incentive or Euros and worlds?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Russia has only 1 spot now tho due to being banned during last worlds. I think if by a miracle they are allowed back for worlds 2023, rusfed would send Liza due to being the safe choice. Kami rn would be too controversial even if allowed and the pressure could see her come undone like the olympics.
I didn't even think about this. But I think they would do test skates and look at Anna, Sasha as well.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Some crazy good jumping elements in this competition. Lovely to see Liza still at the top of her game. Very impressive SP by Akatieva, and a deserved win.

The PCS/GOE is of course a joke as always at Russian Nats, but the results were pretty accurate.