2020-21 Russian Nationals: Men's Short Program | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Nationals: Men's Short Program

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Well, I must have seen him before because Barton mentioned his placements at Russian Cup stages. Or maybe he was talking about last year’s? I definitely would have remembered his spins.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Well, I must have seen him before because Barton mentioned his placements at Russian Cup stages. Or maybe he was talking about last year’s? I definitely would have remembered his spins.
i remember his purple costume

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
purple olè, but sadly not the best skate out there. he has charisma though
I just realised (having looked at this today) Vladislav's purple top reminds me of something Viktor Petrenko wore.

Well! I had hoped when everything started 2 hours earlier than I thought I might be able to catch the Pairs SP, but I have to get up at 7am so alas no. :(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
OK, see you by the RD (pity it will be without the best S/K).

Edit: be there in time, the favourites Stepanova/Bukin go first. :)

FelineFairy

On the Ice
Mark said he thinks his performance was almost perfect, but he hopes he can do better. He will have some rest and then start thinking of the free. No big goals, just to perform well in his first Nationals.

FelineFairy

On the Ice
Sasha said he doesn't think a fall is a tragedy, his team supports him, for this season and after his illness it was ok. It's always difficult to get technique back, so he thinks he did reasonably well.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Mozalyov and Gummenik will come from behind tomorrow. Ignatov will have to perform well to hold on to a medal

Tyranid

Final Flight
Yeah, awesome SP. Mark Kondratyuk was a pleasant surprise. Now, regarding Misha Kolyada, his non-jump elements are second only to Hanyu and Brown. Man, if he rehabilitates his 4Lz and 4S... He is a legit World, and maybe, Olympic podium contender. Yet I'm afraid that his old rotational leg fracture won't let him get past just a quad toe. Let's hope for the best. Also, looks like Mozalev didn't get a downgrade on his 4F, but we'll have to wait for protocols.

Cheers, see y'all tomorrow for the FS. 👍

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yeah, awesome SP. Mark Kondratyuk was a pleasant surprise. Now, regarding Misha Kolyada, his non-jump elements are second only to Hanyu and Brown. Man, if he rehabilitates his 4Lz and 4S... He is a legit World, and maybe, Olympic podium contender. Yet I'm afraid that his old rotational leg fracture won't let him get past just a quad toe. Let's hope for the best. Also, looks like Mozalev didn't get a downgrade on his 4F, but we'll have to wait for protocols.

Cheers, see y'all tomorrow for the FS. 👍
He did:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Mozalyov and Gummenik will come from behind tomorrow. Ignatov will have to perform well to hold on to a medal
Gumennik came into the competition with a back injury. Mozalev injured his knee on that 4F fall. It won't be easy for either of them.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I like Samarin´s music very much, remembering it from the fifties by the title Cossack Patrol. It was a popular song here.

Makar Ignatov was my sp-favourite, great programme!!!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Oh what a joy! I do love the Russian men. Always good for some spectacular surprises. When Mikhail's on, he's really on. Great SP and deserved winner here. The veteran (was he the oldest competitor at 25? Some of them seemed to be so young with real baby faces) wins - well so far. Allready looking forward to his wonderful Nurejev FS. When Makar smiles, he seems to be such a nice guy. I wish he did that more often. And what a skate!!!! Very good indeed. Keeping my fingers crossed for the FS, because in my (limited) experience stamina tends to be an issue with Makar. I hope not, I wish to see him shine. The big surprise was Mark. Never noticed him before (sorry to all the fans) but did he show us some skating. Poor Andrei, but what a fighter. Awkward fall, then back on track immediately. His skating is beautiful, especially considering how young he is (but without the baby face). Alexander has a fitting programme, make him almost look artistic. Fall or not, he did look good. And I loved Egor Murashov. Another newbe for me, pretty impressive though. Yet another good event here.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Watched this despite my faves (Aliev, Danielian) were absent. Hoped for Kovalev to do well (loved him as a tiny junior skater) - those jumps were working nicely, but the boy should work hard on those spins. The fall in the steps :palmf: But not a total catastrophe thinking of what happened after that. Ignatov was ok, however, not very memorable in my case - had to look him up now to remind myself what he did... The same applies to the other top guys, overall ok, but nothing to go wild about.

Well, apart Kolyada. But in his case I am always in a state of confusion and bafflement. He is a good skater, those elements on their own are very good quality (when they work out), he has good skating skills, speed and all. But it is everything else around the elements that just doesn't work for me. I have kept wondering whether it is just the rather awful choreographies he has been given, but over the years I have come to the conlcusion that he just does not have a whole lot of performance skills. This SP for Kolyada is by a new choreographer, but it simply rehashes some old programs (like Elvis). The song has a nice upbeat tempo and rhythm that Kolyada is completely unable to follow (the steps looked like they belonged to some other program with mush slower music), his posture is for the most part strictly ballet which is completely out of place in a jazzy piece, and so on. He has no charm whatsoever nor the kind of natural playfulness that would make this program work. So those three last PCS categories seemed a bit over the top in my eyes.

E