2020 Cup of Russia: Stage III | Page 100 | Golden Skate

2020 Cup of Russia: Stage III

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
no medal ceremony unfortunately on live tv, so wait for some social media.

Dmitriyeva gave it away, too much nerves, too much expectation? but good for Sankt Peterburg's Valeriya Ovchinnikova to bring a medal to the Northern Capital.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Since I watched the Cup the bonuses were there, it's not new.
Interesting! I wonder if that has helped with the explosion of ultra-c (what does that stand for, I wonder?) elements in Russian ladies skating. Do other national figure skating feds do the same thing at their competitons?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The juniors display such a wonderful and distinct variety of styles and strengths sometimes softened later as they mature into seniors.
This is the huge talent pool to draw from, fed by the state schools that offer equal opportunity to everybody willing to apply him/herself.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That is one of the rudest coaches ever. Maria is 13 years old? I hope she goes to a different coach next May. Urmanov please take her.
I know! I can see how she might be disappointed, but that was really mean. I hope it was just a one off and she apologises otherwise you're probably right that it would be better to go to another coach. A student is going to make mistakes after all.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sport at this ambition level is cruel. We don't even know what goes on behind the scenes ...

Dmitriyeva still qualified herself for the finals, but who knows what incentives now pass by this coach?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Interesting! I wonder if that has helped with the explosion of ultra-c (what does that stand for, I wonder?) elements in Russian ladies skating. Do other national figure skating feds do the same thing at their competitons?
AFAIK yes, there are some specific areas on which particular federations focus. I'm not an expert on american system but I remember after the 2017 GP/JGP final I read an interview with a member of the US skating federation who apart from other things, when asked about the current difference between the level of US vs. russian and japanese juniors (affected by the display of Sasha/Aliona/Anastasia/Rika...) explained that they in the US for a long time focused on a celan skate with the juniors and gave bonuses for that, so the skaters weren't motivated to do hard elements but to skate clean because it was more points-wise.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Too bad Tuktamysheva didn't do a quad but glad about the triple axel in the short.
Any videos of her by chance?

katymay

Medalist
no medal ceremony unfortunately on live tv, so wait for some social media.

Dmitriyeva gave it away, too much nerves, too much expectation? but good for Sankt Peterburg's Valeriya Ovchinnikova to bring a medal to the Northern Capital.
She was solid and strong. I also liked the girl who got fourth-Anastasia? Elisaveta always makes me smile. Also worth watching in the future is Urmanov's girl-Sofia something-has a real nice pop on her jumps, even if they are not completely under control at the moment. (she wore a pink dress I think).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Are there any nuanced deeply-technical reasons Berestovskaya didn’t get bonuses on spins?