2020 Four Continents: Rhythm Dance | Golden Skate

2020 Four Continents: Rhythm Dance

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2020 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships kicked off with the Rhythm Dance in Seoul, South Korea, on Thursday with USA's Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue taking a narrow lead over teammates Madison Chock and Evan Bates. Canada's Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier are currently in third, followed by Shiyue Wang and Xinyu Liu of China.

Hubbell and Donohue were rock solid in their playful and flirtatious "Marilyn Monroe" routine, showing very good level 4 Finnsteps in which all four key points were met. The lift and twizzles were also graded a level 4, while the midline and pattern steps were graded a level 3. The 2019 World bronze medalists were awarded a personal best of 85.95 to edge out their teammates.

"We put out the performance we wanted and had a lot of fun out there," said Donohue.

More...

Shame on the fall by Hawayek and Baker, but still lots of personal bests out there! What are your thoughts?

heartyxo

On the Ice
H/D and C/B are basically tied! Exciting!
I’m not a huge fan of H/D’s programs but the RD is their strength because of their power and they did great.
C/B have finally pulled themselves together and got their RD levels!! Thank god!! Their RD is kinda generic but their out-of-the-box FD makes up for it. I think if things go to plan they will likely win tonight.
G/P were great too, but that finnstep level 2 hurt them in this tight field.
I feel awful for H/B. I really like their RD and even though I’m not sure on their FD I hope they do well and move up a place or two, they definitely can.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am really looking forward FD!

I love Hawayek and Baker's routine. He really knows how to play to the crowd and present his partner at the same time. I hope they enjoy themselves tonight ;)

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am really looking forward FD!

I love Hawayek and Baker's routine. He really knows how to play to the crowd and present his partner at the same time. I hope they enjoy themselves tonight ;)

So am I...another battle of the Madisons. That snake dance is so great. What's not to love? Hoping Piper and Paul also do well, and I hope Kaetlyn and Jean-Luc get their act together. and isn't it great to see a Chinese team doing well? Yay!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I too am thrilled for the Chinese team and I really like watching them! I have them in fifth for predictions, but they may do a step better!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hoping Piper and Paul also do well...

I'm already wondering what they have in store for next season ;) Their programs are nice, but "Vincent"....that's going to be hard to top!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, at least I know why my babies got bad scores. About all I can say.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I can say that that was the best I have seen C&B skate their RD, and the routine does have a Broadway flair that the this season's theme demands, but I am not a fan of any of the top 3 teams RDs this season. I particularly liked Hawayek & Baker's RD at nationals, and am so sad they could not repeat their success with it here. I have only seen the top 3 so far, and so can't comment on the rest yet.

Last edited: