2020 NHK Trophy: Ladies' FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2020 NHK Trophy: Ladies' FS

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Slightly OT but why, in its two decades of existence, has no skater ever done justice to the glorious Lord of the Rings soundtrack? :palmf:

First there was Todd Eldredge who was limited to the Fellowship because Salt Lake happened before the other movies had come out.
Then Yuma (in his 2nd of 3 LPs so far this season) ends up skating to some obscure LOTR musical instead.

Aw, give some Todd credit for his wonderful "LOTR" Olympic free skate! He went for the quad, didn't land it successfully, but everything else in that program was stirring & stunning. BTW, I :love2: & have all of the LOTR soundtracks (and not just because of Todd :) ). For the record, he had originally planned to skate to the soundtrack of "Band of Brothers" (another very moving soundtrack) that 2001/2002 Olympic season.

Back on topic - I was heartbroken for Young You after her SP, but was very pleased that her free skate was much more successful here! :cheer:

Last edited:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Aw, give some Todd credit for his wonderful "LOTR" Olympic free skate! He went for the quad, didn't land it successfully, but everything else in that program was stirring & stunning. BTW, I :love2: & have all of the LOTR soundtracks (and not just because of Todd :) ). For the record, he had originally planned to skate to the soundtrack of "Band of Brothers" (another very moving soundtrack) that 2001/2001 Olympic season.
Back on topic - I was heartbroken for Young You after her SP, but was very pleased that her free skate was much more successful here! :cheer:
I do :) I think he did great choosing and interpreting the music that was available at the time from just the Fellowship movie alone. He included all the good themes (Fellowship, Saruman, Ringwraith stuff) and stayed away from Enya... A majestic and serious take as it should be.

I'm still waiting for someone to skate to the Rohan and Gondor themes in their fully orchestrated forms. Maybe it isn't too late for Young You to switch her music selection to the original version? She could definitely pull it off.