2020 Skate America: Ice Dance recap | Golden Skate

2020 Skate America: Ice Dance recap

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue maintained their overnight lead to defend their title in Ice Dance on Saturday at 2020 Guaranteed Rate Skate America in Las Vegas, Nev. Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker won the silver, while Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko pocketed the bronze.

More...

What your thoughts on the Ice Dance overall? Which were your favorite Short and Free Dances and why?

slider11

Medalist
I love the Skate America ice dance competition! Although Hubbell and Donahue rightfully won, I was most impressed with Hawayek/Baker. Kaitlan and Jean-Luc have raised a notch in the power and finesse category. Definite improvement and deserved of their high scores. I also was impressed with Green and Parsons, even with his twizzle error. I like their chemistry!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree on both counts. I have really grown to love Hawayek and Baker as a team. He is such a joker with a great sense of humor and has a silliness that's always there. What I felt when watching the free dance was something different than I have before. I really feel this team can do a more "dramatic" number, whereas before, I felt they were somewhat limited. I've definitely got my eyes on him as he is turning out to be very versatile!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
For me, Hawayek and Baker were the highlight of the night. I've always liked them as a team but this programme was something else. Yes. I was also impressed by Hubbel and Donahue (their twizzles are to die for), in the Free Dance my favourites were Hawayek and Baker. That's the 'Heart of Glass' I've always wished for, and didn't even know it. Jean-Luc is the best Ice Dancer ever (you can't ignore him) and Kaitlyn is with him all the way!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I know much has been discussed about Hubbell's dress. I'm just not feeling the "gold". I would like to see something red or blue for this piece.