Hawayek and Baker out of Worlds | Golden Skate

Hawayek and Baker out of Worlds

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USFS Press Release:

Hawayek and Baker Will Not Compete at World Championships

Team USA ice dancers Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker have chosen not to compete at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2023 as they continue to prioritize their healing and mental health.

First alternates Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko will compete in next month's event in Saitama, Japan.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I suspected as much when I saw a photo of Jean-Luc visiting Nathan Chen & Camden Pulkinen. He looked so sad. i got the impression that training was not happening. So sorry their struggles continue and sincerely wish peace and happiness for them both in whatever the future holds for them.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So sad to hear. I hope they will be back and come back stronger... but only if that's what's best for them of course. I will miss not being able to see their beautiful free dance at Worlds.

On a positive note, I am happy Christina and Anthony get to experience Worlds, hope they make the most of this opportunity!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sad. At the same time, I appreciate the fact that they are taking time to feel right about training and competing. The quad is just starting and I'd rather see them until 2026, healthy and happy if they wish to continue next season. :ghug: