2021 Autumn Classic International: General Info | Golden Skate

2021 Autumn Classic International: General Info

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2021 Autumn Classic International is the second in a series of nine events of the 2021-22 Figure Skating Challenger Series. It is currently scheduled to take place in Pierrefonds, QC, Canada, September 16-18, 2021. Due to the current provincial restrictions and guidelines, there are no planned ticket sales for the 2021 Autumn Classic International.

The Challenger Series was established by the International Skating Union (ISU) during the 2014–15 season and the events consist of a group of senior-level events ranked below the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating. The series allows skaters to gain World Standing Points and is also a chance for officials to officiate at an international level.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Entries

1 Nam NGUYEN CAN 1
2 Conrad ORZEL CAN 1
3 Joseph PHAN CAN 1
4 Daniels KOCKERS LAT 2
5 Kirills KORKACS LAT 2
6 Deniss VASILJEVS LAT 2
7 Donovan CARRILLO MEX 3
8 Camden PULKINEN USA 4

1 Emily BAUSBACK CAN 1
2 Gabrielle DALEMAN CAN 1
3 Alison SCHUMACHER CAN 1
4 Shan LIN CHN 2
5 Marilena KITROMILIS CYP 3
6 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE 4
7 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN 5
8 Seoyeon JI KOR 6
9 Siwon LEE KOR 6
10 Young YOU KOR 6
11 Mariia BOLSHEVA LAT 7
12 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT 7
13 Anete LACE LAT 7
14 Joelle Peijen LIN TPE 8
15 Jenny SHYU TPE 8
16 Starr ANDREWS USA 9
17 Karen CHEN USA 9

1 Tina GARABEDIAN / Simon PROULX SENECAL ARM 1
2 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER CAN 2
3 Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA CAN 2
4 Haley SALES / Nikolas WAMSTEEKER CAN 2
5 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN 2
6 Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN CHN 3
7 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 3
8 Olivia SMART / Adrian DIAZ ESP 4
9 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA 5
10 Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON GBR 6
11 Charlotte LAFOND-FOURNIER / Richard Kang In KAM NZL 7
12 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA 8

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A little sad, yet completely understandable to not see Yuzuru Hanyu listed here. 😟 That ice dance field, though... 🤩

Edit: Almost didn't notice Gabrielle Daleman listed here too!

Andrea82

Medalist
The Latvian entries are now gone.
Men event won't be counted as part of the Challenger Series in terms of WS points. Requirement for Single is at least 8 entries from 4 countries.
I believe (based on what they did in the past) they would still count it for Season Bests.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
How I wish some other federations would step in, but it's probably late for all the necessary paperwork?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
that's too bad about the latvian entries... Sigh.... I was hoping Edrian Celestino (PHI) would compete here but I am guessing he may be headed to Nebelhorn

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
On skate canada's website... 4 canadian pairs are listed for ACI... I guess the pairs discipline is not part of the official challenger series and that's why it doesn't appear on the ISU events entries???

It's particularly interesting because it's like a mini Nationals... except for one team missing..
PAIR
VANESSA JAMES / ERIC RADFORD
LORI-ANN MATTE / THIERRY FERLAND
DEANNA STELLATO-DUDEK / MAXIME DESCHAMPS
EVELYN WALSH / TRENNT MICHAUD

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes, the Pairs discipline at ACI is just a regular international competition. Interesting that MT/M are not there, but I'm assuming that they're going to be sent to another senior b.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, the Pairs discipline at ACI is just a regular international competition. Interesting that MT/M are not there, but I'm assuming that they're going to be sent to another senior b.
they are obviously going to Skate Canada International... so perhaps they are going to Finlandia which is a few weeks before: the Fed hasn't announced anything regarding Finlandia yet.

Andrea82

Medalist
French Federation says Papadakis/Cizeron will withdraw from here.

Garabedian/Proulx Senecal also withdrew.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well the armenians need to go to nebelhorn... I know they don't have to go far to get to ACI... :) but maybe they find it too tired to compete that weekend and then travel...

Last edited:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I read on a Japanese blog that Miura/Kihara are now added. That's 4 countries then. Does that make the event a Challenger for pairs?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I read on a Japanese blog that Miura/Kihara are now added. That's 4 countries then. Does that make the event a Challenger for pairs?
Yes, the current pairs field qualifies for Challenger status. For pairs, it's a minimum of 5 entries from 3 countries.

mikeko666

Final Flight
So glad Riku and Ryuichi are now in! :clap:
Deanna and Max, too. Does it mean she was released by USFS to Skate Canada?

Any info about live steaming?