2021 Finlandia Trophy: Pairs Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 Finlandia Trophy: Pairs Free Skate

LadyB

Record Breaker
Throw landings were sh...ugar, but everything else looked great. Give them that formula that blends everything together.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
People seem to be surprised and T/M look perturbed...

What do we think should they be second... With no Box I'm at a loss 😅

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Missed T/M because I had to cheer for my girls in Linz, how did they do?

Edit: Apparently not well

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Ok all, it’s been fun! I won’t be able to watch the Men’s FS live but I might be able to read along on GS for some of it so maybe see you then?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
OMG, I couldn't continue watching. What happens to Evgenia??? T/M should have won this hands down. But I'm sure anyone would be rattled by the huge, unfair score given to Mishina/Galliamov. My goodness!

M/G's music was horrible. It had absolutely no connection to what they were doing on the ice. The first part of M/G's music is boring, boring, boring. And the second half hurt my ears! Jeez! And the judges just threw huge scores at that???!!! Give M/G credit for their gorgeous technique, sure. But even then, Mishina was unsteady on one of her throw landings. M/G are way too young to be skating to such shlock. And the judges gave them huge PCS for that yuckiness??? This is sport is so crappy. Come on.

Apparently, Evgenia got rattled by that huge score for M/G. She can't afford to get thrown off and intimidated like that. I wanted to root for T/M, but at this point, I just hope Sui/Han are healthy, because I do not want to see M/G winning an Olympic gold medal at this stage. They need to pay some dues and develop into more interesting skaters. If they keep that fp music and the judges keep rewarding it, the entire skating community needs to lodge a protest! Seriously.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
you know sometimes genetic screw you over...some of my friends grew white hair in their 20 while my uncle is starting now that he's 70...
Yes, my grandfather and uncle were in both in their 80s with just a random strand of white here and there that you couldn't even see unless you were inspecting for white hairs! On the other side of my family, my grandmother started turning white in her 20s.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Update on my status. @pearly helped me get all connected -- :love2::love2::thank::love2::love2: -- and I was able to see my darlings, Mishina/Galliamov and then I ran it back to see Ashley and Tim! before the stream kicked me off, and I assume it kicked everyone off. But those two were the ones I MOST wanted to see, so I am happy.

Thank you to everyone who wrote comments along the way; I really enjoyed them. I hope to find a way to watch the ones I missed, but if not, I'll see them skating again in a few weeks.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Yes, my grandfather and uncle were in both in their 80s with just a random strand of white here and there that you couldn't even see unless you were inspecting for white hairs! On the other side of my family, my grandmother started turning white in her 20s.
see? nature has its own sense of humor sometimes :LOL: my sister was born in 82 and she started to see some white hair after having a baby last year

brigit66

On the Ice
OMG, I couldn't continue watching. What happens to Evgenia??? T/M should have won this hands down. But I'm sure anyone would be rattled by the huge, unfair score given to Mishina/Galliamov. My goodness!

M/G's music was horrible. It had absolutely no connection to what they were doing on the ice. The first part of M/G's music is boring, boring, boring. And the second half hurt my ears! Jeez! And the judges just threw huge scores at that???!!! Give M/G credit for their gorgeous technique, sure. But even then, Mishina was unsteady on one of her throw landings. M/G are way too young to be skating to such shlock. And the judges gave them huge PCS for that yuckiness??? This is sport is so crappy. Come on.

Apparently, Evgenia got rattled by that huge score for M/G. She can't afford to get thrown off and intimidated like that. I wanted to root for T/M, but at this point, I just hope Sui/Han are healthy, because I do not want to see M/G winning an Olympic gold medal at this stage. They need to pay some dues and develop into more interesting skaters. If they keep that fp music and the judges keep rewarding it, the entire skating community needs to lodge a protest! Seriously.
Russians are overscored massively , this is reality now, you have to accept it. Have you seen the score of daughter of Eteri from dance? She had no bussines to be higher then in 5th along with her partner( who ever he was) , they ended up in 2nd. She was chosed to be the next gold medalist in dance. MG has been chosen in pairs.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well too bad about the falls, but it was lovely still :clap: :clap: Also I thought my prediction went really bad but suddently it wasn´t that bad :laugh:
Lovely program by T/M, with loads better music than M/G, but that's a given with the shlock horror that is M/G's music. But please, no one should be allowed to make those kinds of mistakes and get away with it. Boy do I miss the excitement and interesting programs of James/Cipres, Savchenko/Szolkowy and Savchenko/Massot!

And of course, as we see with their low fp score, the judges can't and won't allow T/M to get away with those kinds of errors, and they didn't. If James/Radford or the U.S. teams here were any kind of threat, they could have achieved second with that performance by T/M, who obviously don't need to skate so poorly. They can't afford the mistakes with the judges' and Moskvina's apparent love for M/G. Oh, and I forgot @skylark who is of course M/G's biggest fan.

Please write to M/G someone and plead with them to get better music. M/G deserve better music, and so does the skating community, if we have to see the judges throwing points at them on PCS. Since when is it okay to reward a young Russian team with those kinds of crazy high points this early in the season for simply showing up, looking pretty and completing most of their elements (aside from sp fall and shakiness on a throw landing in the fp which isn't worth mentioning, but still they weren't perfect).

Moskvina, M/G are way too young to be saddled with this fp nonsense. And get a new sp too, please.

chasingneverland

Record Breaker

Have you ever watched skating without crying conspiracy? There's being upset and then there's this..It should be possible to look at all skaters and programs at least somewhat objectively.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think I just don't...get this music for them. I want to! It doesn't seem to play to their strengths.
My thoughts exactly. There was a rumor in one of the other threads that the music is being reconsidered. Fingers crossed and looking to the heavens for small favors. It's just that they're such exquisite skaters, and joyful and exuberant ... they deserve so much more than this music.

Great skate today! :bsplit: