2021 Rostelecom Cup: Women's Free Skate | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Women's Free Skate

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Must be the first time that the top score in women is higher than the top score in men, in a major competition (i mean no senior B or challengers). Had it happened before?

If you adjust the factor in the PCS
I'm Pretty sure Yuna Kim beat Evan Lysacek
(Might've been just the FS though)

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Just 9.75 from the American judge for Performance today. But the Azeri and Belgian judge gave her 10. The Azeri judge actually gave her all 10s except for Transitions 9.75

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yup, If you adjust the factor in the PCS

I'm Pretty sure Yuna Kim beat Evan Lysacek
(Might've been just the FS though)
Nah, it's more impressive without the PCS factor.
And i don't like to consider it since nothing tell that women would get those 9s or even those +5 GOEs like candies if they were competing with men.
Men are judged harsher imo.

silveruskate

On the Ice
If she was scored PCS like the men's she would be 300+. I know I'll get flak for this, but she has way more figure skating movements throughout her whole skate than all the men doing 3 quads, loads of transitions and beautiful spins. Even her choreo sequence is so long and thrilling. It all delivers a program worthy of very high PCS. Literally have to be Yuzuru Hanyu or Nathan Chen to beat her.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Kamila and her coaches not looking impressed by the scores is a bit concerning. Like, show a bit a joy?
Old are the days when they were looking really happy when the big scores were announced. I guess they are too used to those high scores....

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Kamila!!! I don’t have enough adjectives that would describe what she did today and yesterday on the ice, loved both of her programs. Happy for Liza, very good result for her. Shout out to Mariah Bell I really enjoyed her FS and 4th place should give her confidence going into her Nationals.

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
oh well, this was the last chance to potentially get an overall medal on a GP event. maybe next time for me.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Congrats to the ladies for a great FS. Kamila's improvement skating to Bolero has made the program more enjoyable to watch. She's a treasure.
Agree, her coaches should look happier if only for their skater's sake but, whatever.

Solid day for Mariah and her beautiful skating lines.

So, who's in the final? Kamila, Anna, Liza, Aliona, Maiia and Kaori? Who'd I miss?