2021 Rostelecom Cup: Women's Free Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Women's Free Skate

Icenetwork

Rinkside
While it’s amazing to see ladies doing quads and triple axels, is it safe and healthy? I hate to hear about hip issues and other issues because these ladies are pushing their bodies too far.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Ryabova needs to learn to give face...her arms are lovely, her face is kinda blank. She dows have many nice connecting steps.
Agreed. She always has the same expression. It's especially problematic in the short program when she's skating to Mambo Italiano. It's a party song and she looks like she has no interest in being there. She has a lot to offer but she needs to show us personality and more flow from element to element. In music, we call this "singing through the phrase" as opposed to just singing the notes one after another. She should work with an acting coach.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Must be the first time that the top score in women is higher than the top score in men, in a major competition (i mean no senior B or challengers). Has it happened before?
I think Rika Kihira did it some years ago at some GP. My computer tells just now that ISU result page is not safety and does not allow me to load it, so I cannot check. But if I remember right it was some competition when whole men's competition was a disaster.