2021 World Entries | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2021 World Entries

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Emmi Peltonen is injured and Linnea Ceder has not competed this season at all, so probably also she injured, Sofia Sula has retired. Jenni has a few points better sb than next on the list, Oona Ounasvuori, but Oona does not have the fs tes, so she cannot be even substitute. So the answer to your question is: No, Finland does not have anyone better to send. In men it is the same situation, Roman Galay is injured. There are technically much better young skaters growing up, in both ladies and men, let's just hope the growth spurt does not spoil their skills or interests. But none of them is not age eligible yet; we must wait at least one or two seasons. So waiting for that we only hope Valtter and Jenni could skate clean at Worlds.
Unfortunate. I quite liked Sofia Sula too but she unfortunately couldn't jump in the end. Well, only Viveca Lindfors could jump out of the Finns at all, really. I know there's something like Olivia Lisko who probably is going to be better than all these current Finnish seniors but... Well, Janna Jyrkinen also I guess. Still though, not on that level...

Haah, I guess it'll take another decade until Finland has a competitive skater again. Pain.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Unfortunate. I quite liked Sofia Sula too but she unfortunately couldn't jump in the end. Well, only Viveca Lindfors could jump out of the Finns at all, really. I know there's something like Olivia Lisko who probably is going to be better than all these current Finnish seniors but... Well, Janna Jyrkinen also I guess. Still though, not on that level...

Haah, I guess it'll take another decade until Finland has a competitive skater again. Pain.
I think Vera Stolt can jump, but she needs to develop with presentation and she does not have spins like Viveca. But Vera also missed the TES for worlds, so even she cannot be substitute. In juniors they had qualification competition at November and 2008 born Iida Karhunen jumped 3lz-3t and 3f-3t. Not perfect, but accetable, and also 3 other triples, no falls. I don't know the date of her birth, so I am not sure if is she age eligible to compete at international junior level next year.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I think Vera Stolt can jump, but she needs to develop with presentation and she does not have spins like Viveca. But Vera also missed the TES for worlds, so even she cannot be substitute. In juniors they had qualification competition at November and 2008 born Iida Karhunen jumped 3lz-3t and 3f-3t. Not perfect, but accetable, and also 3 other triples, no falls. I don't know the date of her birth, so I am not sure if is she age eligible to compete at international junior level next year.
Alright, Iida Karhunen seems more watchable in general. Perhaps something to look forward to after all, feels like there'd been nothing but Lindfors Peltonen Saarinen for over half a decade.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Alright, Iida Karhunen seems more watchable in general. Perhaps something to look forward to after all, feels like there'd been nothing but Lindfors Peltonen Saarinen for over half a decade.
I often wonder why Stanislava Konstantinova didn't try to move to compete for Finland, lets be honest her chances in Russia aren't good but in Finland she would be a star. Her grandmother is Finnish.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I often wonder why Stanislava Konstantinova didn't try to move to compete for Finland, lets be honest her chances in Russia aren't good but in Finland she would be a star. Her grandmother is Finnish.
I always thought that. Is it too late now , because she's 20?

Tutto

Record Breaker
It's 2 years. But she could aim for 2026 Olympics and be in the mix for Europeans. I think she should switch.
So do I!
Anyway my favourite Finnish skater is Emmi and I am awfully sorry she is injured. Do you know there was an interview with her on CNN recently? I was so glad to catch it by chance and pleased that CNN World Sport suddenly remembered that there is such sport as figure skating after all! Sorry for deviating from this thread...